Why is Fitzgerald not getting a lot of blame?

Fitz has Rivers a top ten pick and Rey a high second round pick and neither have proven much at all. Rivers is a good LB but no where worthy of his draft position. Rey has not really shown any progression since his rookie year. Still sucks in coverage and maybe a little better in run defense. I like Brandon Johnson but if he was a starter the D would be worse. Now Dhani what else can be said smart guy and makes some plays just not who you want running the middle.

Other than DB Fitz has been handed more high round picks than any other coach. Have you really seen much improvement?

Well the problem is that there is currently a severe blame shortage taking place. It may seem as though there would be enough for everyone with the team failing so miserably, but between the players and coaches there is barely enough left for the owner, staff, and media. By the time the available blame has been distributed to the more likely culprits, unfortunately an assistant coach is left with very little blame of his own. It's heartbreaking, really. We all need to pitch in together and really take our bitching to the next level, so that even ball boys and stadium ushers will be able to reap the rewards of such a terrible season.

10 posts a week will blame one coach or player for an entire offseason. Won't you please help?

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1289627914' post='940465']
Well the problem is that there is currently a severe blame shortage taking place. It may seem as though there would be enough for everyone with the team failing so miserably, but between the players and coaches there is barely enough left for the owner, staff, and media. By the time the available blame has been distributed to the more likely culprits, unfortunately an assistant coach is left with very little blame of his own. It's heartbreaking, really. We all need to pitch in together and really take our bitching to the next level, so that even ball boys and stadium ushers will be able to reap the rewards of such a terrible season.

10 posts a week will blame one coach or player for an entire offseason. Won't you please help?
[/quote]

Lol, very true.

When things are going well, the small things that could be game changers are ignored. The difference between last year's record and this year's isn't much in terms of points.

When things are going wrong, you focus on the negative aspects. As much losing as we have done this year, everyone is looking for heads to roll in each and every part of the team.

That being said, i think that a LB coach can do with the corps we have.

Rivers has developed little by little every year and without a doubt is our best overall LB right now.

Maualuga needs to be moved to the middle asap because he is such a liability in coverage.

Dhani was a spot filler that should have been filled with someone else by now, but instead we have just been scraping by with him because he supposedly gets everybody where they need to be with his savvy veteran leadership.....BULLSHIT.

[quote name='bengalsfan850' timestamp='1289627735' post='940464']
i do agree that im a little disappointed but i think rivers has shown clear improvement this year, [b]and alot of it is the D-line being shit[/b] but yeah some of it is on him but i'd put more stock into rey not being disciplined and dhani sucking ass for 6 out of 8 games
[/quote]

the bolded can't be understated. I'm disappointed too that the LB corp hasn't produced more, but it can't be overlooked that the bad dline in front of them is allowing blockers to get to the second level to take out our LB's.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289657448' post='940490']
the bolded can't be understated. I'm disappointed too that the LB corp hasn't produced more, but it can't be overlooked that the bad dline in front of them is allowing blockers to get to the second level to take out our LB's.
[/quote]

it's the worst d-line ive seen them field in a long time

Archived