Ayers and Moore on tonight

Was only able to watch a few plays. Ayers had a hard time breaking away when he was blocked and often just gave up. When the play went to the opposite side of the field at times he showed little effort getting over there. Not sure he is going to be able to drop back in coverage in the NFL or at least he will struggle with it at first. Majority of the time his main goal is to russ the passer. I did see the athletic ability and speed that he has but if he cant get off his blocks it wont do him much good. It could have been just a bad night but what little I saw, I believe we should go in a different direction. He probably will have the most success as a 3-4 OLB.

[b]Edit[/b]: Thanks to Xbox and ESPN I was able to go back and watch a lot more of the game. Saw a few plays where he looked impressive but he is frustrating to watch. You can see the ability he has to fly all around the field and make plays but he just does not do it. Majority of the time you put a O linemen or TE on him and he is shut out of the play. UCLA had a big run that was run right up the gap that Ayers should have come down and stuffed but he was not paying attention and UCLA busted a big run. Another big run UCLA had, Ayers was slow reconizing the play and missed the tackle as the RB ran right by him. He should of stopped the play for a small gain. Just not sure if he had a bad game or not. Rather than relying on play recognition and technique, he tries to use his speed to make all the plays. If someone can teach this guy how to shed blocks and avoid getting block, he could be a big playmaker.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1290144250' post='942691']
Was only able to watch a few plays. Ayers had a hard time breaking away when he was blocked and often just gave up. When the play went to the opposite side of the field at times he showed little effort getting over there. Not sure he is going to be able to drop back in coverage in the NFL or at least he will struggle with it at first. Majority of the time his main goal is to russ the passer. I did see the athletic ability and speed that he has but if he cant get off his blocks it wont do him much good. It could have been just a bad night but what little I saw, I believe we should go in a different direction. He probably will have the most success as a 3-4 OLB.

[b]Edit[/b]: Thanks to Xbox and ESPN I was able to go back and watch a lot more of the game. Saw a few plays where he looked impressive but he is frustrating to watch. You can see the ability he has to fly all around the field and make plays but he just does not do it. Majority of the time you put a O linemen or TE on him and he is shut out of the play. UCLA had a big run that was run right up the gap that Ayers should have come down and stuffed but he was not paying attention and UCLA busted a big run. Another big run UCLA had, Ayers was slow reconizing the play and missed the tackle as the RB ran right by him. He should of stopped the play for a small gain. Just not sure if he had a bad game or not. Rather than relying on play recognition and technique, he tries to use his speed to make all the plays. If someone can teach this guy how to shed blocks and avoid getting block, he could be a big playmaker.
[/quote]

I agree on pretty much everything. From this game I would not use a number one pick on him.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1290133331' post='942664']
I meant Jason...isnt there a John Boy?
[/quote]

Sorry, didn't watch the games. Thursday night is our biggest night for shows. Bones, Fringe, Big Bang Theory, Shit my Dad Says, CSI and Mentalist are all on our watch/record list.

Archived