Bush the elder Plugs son JEB for 08'

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[img]http://www.crimelibrary.com/graphics/photos/notorious_murders/not_guilty/bill_sybers/8-1-Gov-Jeb-Bush.jpg[/img]

[u]A plug for Jeb Bush '08
The former president says timing isn't right -- yet
May 31, 2005
[/u]

(CNN) -- Florida Gov. Jeb Bush would be "awfully good" in the job of president, but the timing isn't right, his father and former President George H.W. Bush told CNN Tuesday.

Asked if he would want Jeb to run, Bush said, "Someday I would, yes."

Bush, who was president from 1989-1993, appeared on CNN's "Larry King Live" with former first lady Barbara, from the family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine.

Jeb Bush is in his second gubernatorial term, which ends in January 2007. His brother George ends his second presidential term a year later and cannot run again.

"He'd be awfully good," the elder Bush said. "This guy's smart, big and strong. Makes the decisions. And you know, not without controversy, but he's led that state."

But the former president, who turns 81 this month, said, "The timing's wrong. The main thing is, he doesn't want to do it."

But he added, "Nobody believes that."

Jeb and George W. are two of six children by George and Barbara Bush; one died in childhood.

[b]Bush on Clinton[/b]
The current President Bush asked his father and former Democratic President Bill Clinton to raise money for those hard hit by the tsunami in southern Asia late last year.

The elder Bush described the devastation as "terrible" and said the shared assignment has brought the two former presidents closer.

"No question about it. And Larry, you feel you're doing something bigger than your own political lives or bigger than your own self. I mean, what we saw out there -- and I'm anxious to see him when he gets back about this, what he's seen recently -- it just breaks your heart -- particularly the children. And he's been good to work with."

Bush said progress is being made to reconstruct the area, but "there's a long way to go."

The Bush-Clinton Fund has raised about $12 million from Americans, he said, and Clinton planned to visit Kennebunkport this month.

Asked whether he considered Clinton a friend, the elder Bush replied, "Well, as far as I'm concerned, it is a friendship. And you know, Larry, there's a perception that if you run against somebody, you're enemies. Well, Bill Clinton and I were not enemies."

"When I was president, he was the Democrat governor in charge of the educational summit. He headed it up for the Democratic governors. We worked very closely together."

"I just enjoy being with the guy. And he is very considerate of me. I'm, you know, old enough to be his dad," Bush added.

Barbara Bush was less enthusiastic.

"You heard what Bill Clinton said? When -- when I jokingly referred to him as 'son,' and he said, a good Democrat friend of his said, 'Those Bushes will do anything to get another president in the family.'"

Barbara Bush said she liked Clinton, then appeared to change her mind -- but didn't finish her sentence. Her husband quickly added, "However, she hasn't been around him."

Barbara Bush added that she appreciated the fact that Clinton has not criticized her presidential son.

Her birthday is four days before her husband's.

Bush made two parachute jumps over his presidential library in College Station, Texas, as part of his 80th birthday celebration. As a young Navy pilot during World War II Bush had to bail out of his plane after it took enemy fire. He also made a jump in March.

"I want to be alive in 2008 when the George H.W. Bush, the latest nuclear carrier, is christened," said Bush. "I want to be on the bridge. I can do it."

"I got to make another parachute jump in 2009."

[b]Other political musings[/b]
On the political front, Bush said he hopes the controversial nominee John Bolton is confirmed as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations when the Senate reconvenes after a weeklong recess.

"I think he ... he's very knowledgeable, very bright, and that's what the president feels, and that's what the top people around the president feel."

Bush also criticized Amnesty International for condemning the United States for what it called "serious human rights violations" at Guantanamo Bay.

"That's ridiculous. And I'm inclined to agree with Gen. [Richard] Myers, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, who's the most honorable of officers" that that isn't the case.

Guest BlackJesus

[b]It is common knowledge among the political ranks that Jeb was always supposed to be the one to run for President while George was drunk doing coke and ruining baseball teams... however since George cut him in line now I think they will try to run Jeb as well.

Fuck lets just have a monarchy <_< [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] [/b]

Guest bengaljet
News tonite had a picture of another Bush + Cheney to run in 08. Yes,the ticket of the librarian Laura Bush and Lynn Cheney. Oh what fun that'd be. The "boys" would be right there with them to lend their expertise.

I can hear ir now"4 more yrs". w has to get his presidential library going.I say"take the librarian with ya and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out". [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img]

I'm going back to Africa if that shit happens..

:ninja:

While I LOVE most of the state reforms that Jeb has pushed through down in FL, sadly, I think he may be just a little too ambitous for Prez. Not that I'd be opposed to living under the laws of FL, there could be nothing farther from fact - I'd love to. But Jeb couldn't really make all HIS legislation work on a national level. And, really, I'm ok with it, beacuse he wouls have to butcher the constitution to make it happen on a national level.

I'd invite Jeb to come run Kentucky any year though. Really.

Guest BlackJesus
[img]http://www.vontoggenburg.com/Photo/st.john/black%20guy,%20st%20john,%20lon%2000.jpg[/img]

[i]"Ahh Fuck.... My vote will be dissapearing again next time" [/i]

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Jun 3 2005, 12:34 AM']I had the same thought as you BJ, when I heard this on the news. Why not just make the damn country a Monarchy then. Just keep passing the presidency from generation to generation. Damn that would suck.
[right][post="98945"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If you don't want him to be President, vote for someone else. If enough people agree with you, he won't be elected. Spare me the monarchy crap.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 2 2005, 11:50 PM'][img]http://www.vontoggenburg.com/Photo/st.john/black%20guy,%20st%20john,%20lon%2000.jpg[/img]

[i]"Ahh Fuck.... My vote will be dissapearing again next time" [/i]
[right][post="98926"][/post][/right][/quote]

The old disenfranchised, disappearing vote crap again. :rolleyes:

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 1 2005, 01:35 AM'][b]It is common knowledge among the political ranks that Jeb was always supposed to be the one to run for President while George was drunk doing coke and ruining baseball teams... however since George cut him in line now I think they will try to run Jeb as well.
Fuck lets just have a monarchy  <_<   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] [/b]
[right][post="98138"][/post][/right][/quote]

Kevin Phillips "American Dynasty" is a must read for those who care about this topic.

All Monarchy does is breed ignorance and missing chromosomes. I'd say we are already there.

[img]http://www.wallacecollection.org/c/w_a/p_w_d/d_f/jpg/p112.jpg[/img]

Guest bengalrick
believe it or not i don't want jeb to run... i'm tired of hearing the bush bashers, so i'd rather not jeb run... even though he is better suited than w for the role, he would be starting w/ a bad rep w/out making one decision in the whitehouse...

i'd like to see newt gingrich or <praying> condi rice run... if condi runs, she'll win... newt would be a great candidate b/c he is a brilliant man w/ great ideas... he would also tackle the health care and immigration problems imo... but he wouldn't be a shoe in... of course condi isn't qualified enough so she probably has some time to wait to... truthfully, the prospects aren't too good for 08 right now, b/c noone seems to step up as a true conservative, that is qualified... maybe santorum (sp?) out of pennsylvania...

as far as democrats that i'd vote for... there are a few, but i'd vote for a sock before most of them (like hillary, dean, kerry, you see where i'm going)... but there are some good guys in the demacratic party... if a moderate democrat ran against rudi or john mccain, i'd probably vote democrat... those two are liberal republicans anyways...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='#22' date='Jun 3 2005, 04:29 PM']All Monarchy does is breed ignorance and missing chromosomes. I'd say we are already there.

[img]http://www.wallacecollection.org/c/w_a/p_w_d/d_f/jpg/p112.jpg[/img]
[right][post="99241"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you got to vote, right?

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 3 2005, 05:36 PM']believe it or not i don't want jeb to run... i'm tired of hearing the bush bashers, so i'd rather not jeb run... even though he is better suited than w for the role, he would be starting w/ a bad rep w/out making one decision in the whitehouse...

i'd like to see newt gingrich or <praying> condi rice run... if condi runs, she'll win... newt would be a great candidate b/c he is a brilliant man w/ great ideas... he would also tackle the health care and immigration problems imo... but he wouldn't be a shoe in... of course condi isn't qualified enough so she probably has some time to wait to... truthfully, the prospects aren't too good for 08 right now, b/c noone seems to step up as a true conservative, that is qualified... maybe santorum (sp?) out of pennsylvania...

as far as democrats that i'd vote for... there are a few, but i'd vote for a sock before most of them (like hillary, dean, kerry, you see where i'm going)... but there are some good guys in the demacratic party... if a moderate democrat ran against rudi or john mccain, i'd probably vote democrat... those two are liberal republicans anyways...
[right][post="99248"][/post][/right][/quote]

Your tired of the Bush Bashers and you want Newt?!?!? :crazy:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jun 3 2005, 04:47 PM']Your tired of the Bush Bashers and you want Newt?!?!?   :crazy:
[right][post="99262"][/post][/right][/quote]

LOL, true... i don't specifically remember the 90's and how they hated him... i'm sure he wasn't liked well b/c neither side likes the others sides "star" per say... eh did a hell of alot to get the party to where it is now... he would also have some brownie points to some dem's, b/c he has bashed bush himself a little bit...

but yeah, it would be a fresh start for me at least :)

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jun 3 2005, 04:50 PM']I may be a bit bias because he's my former governer... but I would love to see George Allen.
[right][post="99265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i could dig it... he seems like a pretty good candidate too... probably has the best chance out of all that i mentioned actually...

Guest BlackJesus

[color="red"]McCain in 08' [/color]

[i][b]I hate the 2 party system but he is the only one that doesn't have a blue or red dick in his ass B) [/b][/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 3 2005, 05:52 PM'][color="red"]McCain in 08'  [/color] 

[i][b]I hate the 2 party system but he is the only one that doesn't have a blue or red dick in his ass  B) [/b][/i]
[right][post="99268"][/post][/right][/quote]
damn straight. and maybe Dennis Kuchinich as VP just to balance things out.

I am a lifelong Nader voter (only man I have ever voted for).
[img]http://gpnj.vshost.com/nader_laduke_2000.gif[/img]
This was the only campaign (in recent history) where I agreed with more than 80% of what my person stood for.

We really need a multiple-party system.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 3 2005, 05:39 PM']you got to vote, right?
[right][post="99253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
yes, I voted, but we don't live in a democracy.
We live in a Republic (always have), so this whole voting thing is entirely optional. This was a pretty widely accepted fact until the consevatives started all of this red scare shit 60 years ago.

I've seen Newt Gingrich in person (debating against James Carville), and let me tell you this: he is the lowest of any politician. The man has a Doctorate in history (so I would be biased towards him more than against him for being a conservative), and I think he is scum. What kind of a person divorces their wife (and the mother of his children) while she is dying in a hospital of cancer, and then remarries someone 15 years younger within months?

[quote name='#22' date='Jun 3 2005, 06:37 PM']damn straight. and maybe Dennis Kuchinich as VP just to balance things out.

I am a lifelong Nader voter (only man I have ever voted for).
[img]http://gpnj.vshost.com/nader_laduke_2000.gif[/img]
This was the only campaign (in recent history) where I agreed with more than 80% of what my person stood for.

We really need a multiple-party system.
[right][post="99282"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I agree, Nader has a lot of good points, some bad, but a lot of good ones. I like his whole idea of the multiparty voting system. I don't know if you read up on it, but it was really good. Bascially, you vote for your first choice and second choice, and if the first choice doesn't have enough votes, than the second choice counts instead. I like that idea, however, neither Dems or Repubs will ever buy into it, so we are stuck with the current system.

yeah, after that nut Ross Perot basically made idiots out of both parties in '96, the democrats and republicans set up the debates, town hall meetings, etc. to be shams used to produce 15 to 30 second sound bytes that you will hear [i]over and over and over[/i].

Like I said, we don't really live in a pure democracy.

Archived