Is AJ Green in the MegaTron, Andre Johnson Class

I have not seen a ton of him. What I have seen I think he is very very good but is he in the MegaTron, Andre Johnson category in terms of explosiveness and playmaking ability? His stats are good but not gaudy although his video is. What are his weaknesses? From what I have heard he is a great route runner, who is explosive and has great hands...? Does he have great speed?

Just watched him in the bowl game and he was good but did not really stand out. Thats a brief snapshot but Blackmon looked better yesterday, and both Dez Bryant and Michael Crabtree jumped out quite a bit more from what I remember. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglUFT1OwKo

Green has good speed, especially for his size, but not elite speed. From what I saw he is a willing but not great blocker. He is on the thin side, but has the frame to easily add weight, which will improve his blocking.

His route running, hands, and body control are all outstanding, and he can make people miss very well for a guy his size.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1293861838' post='955500']
He is still the #1 option for me. I also think that due to his intelligence and route running he might be able to make a difference immediately where as other WR take awhile.
[/quote]

Ditto.

I think Green would be a great consolation prize if we can't land one of the impact DL.

But I'd still rather we improve the trenches with that pick or trade down before taking Green. Just a personal preference really, I like the foundation of the D and I'd like to see us continue to build with top-flight talent on that side so we can impose our will on EVERY opponent next year. Keep the offensive focus on being balanced and efficient as opposed to explosive. Ship, Caldwell, Rome, Gresh there is no one who commands a double team but I'd rather see Palmer spreading the ball around every game.

Plus if Green is grading out as a top 3 pick, then has a phenomenal combine, and Luck choses to stay in school...I wouldn't rule out the Panther's taking him. Pairing him with Steve Smith would be a great way to kick start the worst offense in the league and would go a long way towards helping Clausen develop. Two healthy OTs (pretty sure Jeff Otah missed the entire season this year), Williams and Stewart, Smith and Green, I could see the Panthers making this move.

Archived