Another Madden Thread

How the hell to you get Jeremi's awareness up?

I recently re-started in franchise mode and am now in my 3rd season and his AWR has only gone up like 2pts total.

WTF?

His run-blocking and pass-blocking abilities have been progressing steadily, but not the awareness.

Most of the time, he'll seek out and crush a defender. Once in a while though, he'll just completely ignore/run right by the guy and Rudi will get crushed. Sometimes, he'll be heading towards a guy to block, I'll adjust my route accordingly, then at the last second he'll veer away to block someone else and... you guessed it... Rudi will get crushed. <_<

I've been trying to put him in as running back when I have a big lead to see if that helps, but he's so damn slow that he never does much.

Any tips would be appreciated.

PS- I said in another thread that FS#40/Madieu "sucks ass". I humbly retract that statement. Once you get his AWR up, he's a damn stud.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]

Guest BengalsOwn
I'm not sure what the problem is. I don't think his awareness has gone up much for me either. I'm in my 4th season I beleive (restarted a franchise a couple weeks ago, I'm ready for the season to start!).

I know that so far he is rated at about 85. He has blown a lot of blocks for me as well, but he comes in handy when Carson Palmer is scrambling and Ogden (one of my 6th round draft pick WR's with a speed of 99), Bethel Johnson, and Todd Heap can't get open, and he is heading towards the sideline wide open.

I have traded away Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Jon Kitna, Bobbie Williams, Justin Smith, Brian Simmons, Justin Smith, got rid of Stewart and Kelley, traded Kelley Washington, traded Peter Warrick, traded Rudi Johnson, Thornton is traded, Braham is traded, I just traded Deltha O'neal, Tory James has been traded, Nate Webster traded, Caleb Miller traded, Richardson is gone (I drafted a punter in I think the 6th round, and he kicks it over 50 yards every single time).

I have added in FA Ed Reed, Todd Heap, Kurt Warner (lost Carson for half a game, and then Bramlet was injured in the same game, which left me with my rookie punter playing QB [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] ). In trades I have grabbed Bethel Johnson, John Henderson, and tons of draft picks. The last 3 seasons, I have had at least 5 1st round draft picks, I think I had 8 first rounders in the last draft. They don't seem to value draft picks very much in the game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Mike Brown would be proud though, I always seem to be at least $20 million under the salary cap. Every player I have have been drafted by me except for Perry (I already have his replacement though), Palmer, Willie, Levi, Steinbach, Bethel Johnson, both DT's, and one DE (forget his name, but he is rated 90 and was picked up in FA).

Guest BengalsOwn
Oh, Madieu is an annual pro-bowler, and is rated 93 I think it is.

And forgot to include Jeremi Johnson as one of the original Bengals I still have playing on my team.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 2 2005, 10:44 PM']I have traded away Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Jon Kitna, Bobbie Williams, Justin Smith, Brian Simmons, Justin Smith, got rid of Stewart and Kelley, traded Kelley Washington, traded Peter Warrick, traded Rudi Johnson, Thornton is traded, Braham is traded, I just traded Deltha O'neal, Tory James has been traded, Nate Webster traded, Caleb Miller traded, Richardson is gone (I drafted a punter in I think the 6th round, and he kicks it over 50 yards every single time).

I have added in FA Ed Reed, Todd Heap, Kurt Warner (lost Carson for half a game, and then Bramlet was injured in the same game, which left me with my rookie punter playing QB [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] ). In trades I have grabbed Bethel Johnson, John Henderson, and tons of draft picks. The last 3 seasons, I have had at least 5 1st round draft picks, I think I had 8 first rounders in the last draft. They don't seem to value draft picks very much in the game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
[right][post="98883"][/post][/right][/quote]

:o

TRAITOR!!!!

:P

I try too keep as many current players as I can.... unless they suck.

I traded and picked up Duane Starks, Dallas Clark and Jonathan Vilma (who I highly recommend once his AWR is up).

I would prefer to get a 2nd and a 3rd round pick over a single 1st rounder any day. The talent difference isn't much, but you have to pay the 1st rouunders too damn much.

I already have three 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders going in to next years draft.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Jun 2 2005, 11:21 PM'] :o

TRAITOR!!!!
:P

I try too keep as many current players as I can.... unless they suck.

I traded and picked up Duane Starks, Dallas Clark and Jonathan Vilma (who I highly recommend once his AWR is up).

I would prefer to get a 2nd and a 3rd round pick over a single 1st rounder any day.  The talent difference isn't much, but you have to pay the 1st rouunders too damn much.

I already have three 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders going in to next years draft.
[right][post="98900"][/post][/right][/quote]

I do feel bad about what has happened to Chad Johnson's career ever since I traded him to the Cardinals for their first, second, and either 3rd or 4th round pick. They don't have a QB and won't draft one (maybe that's because they keep giving me their first round draft picks though [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] )

EA needs to upgrade the franchise mode, these teams need to do what real teams do, and draft QB's in the first round and make them starters within 2 years. It annoys the hell out of me to see the Steelers start Trent Dilfer for 3 years with Roethlisberger rotting away on the bench.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 3 2005, 12:31 AM']I do feel bad about what has happened to Chad Johnson's career ever since I traded him to the Cardinals for their first, second, and either 3rd or 4th round pick. They don't have a QB and won't draft one (maybe that's because they keep giving me their first round draft picks though [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] )

EA needs to upgrade the franchise mode, these teams need to do what real teams do, and draft QB's in the first round and make them starters within 2 years. It annoys the hell out of me to see the Steelers start Trent Dilfer for 3 years with Roethlisberger rotting away on the bench.
[right][post="98910"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

in my madden draft the first 31 picks were all OT's i was picking 32 (go figure) and i got the best De on the board

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jun 3 2005, 12:25 AM']uh perhaps if you use the left analog stick to get him to seak out and block vital players it will increase...
[right][post="98936"][/post][/right][/quote]

I had no idea you could do that, thanks!

Thats what I get for never reading instructions. :blush:

It's hard to do, though. Controlling one guy going one way and another guy going another way might be too much for my brain to handle. :lol:

Gotta practice, I guess. Thanks again.

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Jun 4 2005, 10:19 AM']I had no idea you could do that, thanks! 

Thats what I get for never reading instructions. :blush:

It's hard to do, though.  Controlling one guy going one way and another guy going another way might be too much for my brain to handle.  :lol:

Gotta practice, I guess.  Thanks again.
[right][post="99390"][/post][/right][/quote]

no prob, i figured it out by accident... it was a reflex.. its really only easy enough to do in the open field if he is still in front of you, or you see a corner blitz coming, etc... but im guessing it may help the rating.,

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Also winning in the playoffs increases the awarness of players, after a few SuperBowl victories he should be pretty damn aware...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 5 2005, 01:07 PM']Also winning in the playoffs increases the awarness of players, after a few SuperBowl victories he should be pretty damn aware...
[right][post="99663"][/post][/right][/quote]

I actually just won 3 in a row, and his AWR is still in the 60s. <_<

Overall he's in the 90s, don't get me wrong. He's a damn "pancake chef" most of the time. I just wish he wouldn't whiff blocks every once in a while. Been trying the 'right-analog' thing that Go mentioned but, I really suck at it. :lol:

Drafted a rookie FB this year and his AWR is higher than Jerimi's from the git-go. :blink:

I wonder if the people at EA that decide these tings just think low of him?

I dunno.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Jun 5 2005, 07:48 PM']I actually just won 3 in a row, and his AWR is still in the 60s.  <_<

Overall he's in the 90s, don't get me wrong.  He's a damn "pancake chef" most of the time.  I just wish he wouldn't whiff blocks every once in a while. Been trying the 'right-analog' thing that Go mentioned but, I really suck at it.  :lol:

Drafted a rookie FB this year and his AWR is higher than Jerimi's from the git-go.  :blink:

[b]I wonder if the people at EA that decide these tings just think low of him?[/b]I dunno.
[right][post="99754"][/post][/right][/quote]

They probably took into account that he came into camp sooo overweight last year :rolleyes: , I'm sure this year will be different considering how good of shape he's in.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]I usually manipulate where I play the players for a spike in OVR score

for instance always play a fast OLB and change his position to DE.... huge spike in score

I also like to take a very high rated S's and make them my Corners... I am in my 6th season right now and my DB's are Ed reed, and Roy Williams at CB, and Sean Taylor and Madieu at S's. Having a S at CB increaseds their tackling and makes runs to the outside impossible. I also play DE's and DT. My DT's right now are Peppers, & Freeney. Their speed makes up for lack in Str . I also play a WR with a speed of 99 at RB. Then build his Brk Tckl on the training camp with straight 7's every year. Thus when I play someone else I destroy them with outside runs.

I also always first build my Defense. Then I slowly build my offense through the regular draft. When I do a fantsay draft I pick Defense all of the first 11 picks. [/b]

[quote name='whodey319' date='Jun 6 2005, 02:11 PM']this is why madden is better than every other football game including ESPN.  No one ever starts a thread asking about a FB's awareness rating for any game except madden.
[right][post="99919"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

there are other football games?

Guest BengalsOwn
I beat the Browns 107-7

Right after that, I beat the Ravens in the 4th quarter.

So it's not really because I don't have the difficulty too low.

[quote name='whodey319' date='Jun 6 2005, 01:11 PM']this is why madden is better than every other football game including ESPN.  No one ever starts a thread asking about a FB's awareness rating for any game except madden.
[right][post="99919"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

do you WANT to start another arguement over this? madden sells alot more, so more people have it, thus more would talk about it, it doesnt mean its SOO much better...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jun 6 2005, 11:50 PM']do you WANT to start another arguement over this?  madden sells alot more, so more people have it, thus more would talk about it, it doesnt mean its SOO much better...
[right][post="100076"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

testify

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Jun 2 2005, 07:48 PM']How the hell to you get Jeremi's awareness up?

I recently re-started in franchise mode and am now in my 3rd season and his AWR has only gone up like 2pts total.

WTF?

His run-blocking and pass-blocking abilities have been progressing steadily, but not the awareness.

Most of the time, he'll seek out and crush a defender.  Once in a while though, he'll just completely ignore/run right by the guy and Rudi will get crushed.  Sometimes, he'll be heading towards a guy to block, I'll adjust my route accordingly, then at the last second he'll veer away to block someone else and... you guessed it... Rudi will get crushed.  <_<

I've been trying to put him in as running back when I have a big lead to see if that helps, but he's so damn slow that he never does much. 

Any tips would be appreciated.
PS- I said in another thread that FS#40/Madieu "sucks ass".  I humbly retract that statement.  Once you get his AWR up, he's a damn stud.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]
[right][post="98832"][/post][/right][/quote]

have you tried online play and updating your roster???

[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:30 AM']have you tried online play and updating your roster???
[right][post="100577"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No, I've never played online. I don't have a phone jack anywhere close to my TV (I assume you need a phone line?). I live in an old place and it would be a pain in the ass to get a line over there.

Ok. New question. Is there a way, after the snap in a passing play, for the QB to tuck the ball and run forward normally before he gets to the line of scrimmage?

If everyone is covered, I'd like to scramble sometimes, but Carson always sidesteps towards the line until he crosses the LOS and usually gets sacked because he's moving so slow.

I even checked the instructions this time and didn't see anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest BengalsOwn
Press L2 (it might be R2, I don't remember exactly) [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

What kind of internet connection do you have?

Also, if you put Carson Palmer into scramble mode, but still want to pass, you need to hit the button again.

Some of my biggest plays come when I have Carson scrambling towards the sideline, using the playmaker stick to tell Heap to go deep, and then throwing the ball.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 9 2005, 07:54 PM']Press L2 (it might be R2, I don't remember exactly) [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

What kind of internet connection do you have?

Also, if you put Carson Palmer into scramble mode, but still want to pass, you need to hit the button again.

Some of my biggest plays come when I have Carson scrambling towards the sideline, using the playmaker stick to tell Heap to go deep, and then throwing the ball.
[right][post="101453"][/post][/right][/quote]

Oh cool, gotta try that. Thanks!

I have a DSL. Need the phone line. <_<

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Jun 9 2005, 09:00 PM']Oh cool, gotta try that. Thanks!

I have a DSL.  Need the phone line.  <_<
[right][post="101465"][/post][/right][/quote]

You could just get a router, and plug your PS2 into it. You could get some wireless network accessories, and get online with that. Of course you have to have the adaptor for the PS2. I don't have one, so therefore I have never played online. I think I'd get my ass handed to me online though, so I don't think it would be fun.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 9 2005, 09:02 PM']You could just get a router, and plug your PS2 into it. You could get some wireless network accessories, and get online with that. Of course you have to have the adaptor for the PS2. I don't have one, so therefore I have never played online. [b]I think I'd get my ass handed to me online though, so I don't think it would be fun.[/b]
[right][post="101466"][/post][/right][/quote]

I'm with you there. Even if I could do it easily, I probably wouldn't.

:lol:

Guest BadassBengal

I traded Willie Anderson, and my whole team ended up screwed. Chad, Brian, Justin, and just about all my good players said that they were tired of the Bengals, and they can't believe they were treated that way. I mean, I got like two 1st rounders and a 2nd outta the deal, and they bitch about it. What tha hell. I did, however, get a steal for a 5th round pick. I traded it to some team for a very young center who ended up with mass pancakes at the end of the season. Hell, I think Kelly Washington had like 4 pancakes for me. It was insane. I restarted my franchise, though, cause nobody wanted to sign with me. :(

Archived