Missing girl in Aruba

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote]ORANJESTAD, Aruba Jun 6, 2005 — The government called on thousands of civil servants and tourists to join in a massive islandwide search Monday for a missing Alabama teenager, while [b]police, soldiers and FBI agents combed scrubland and beaches[/b].

The announcement came a day after police charged two men in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, 18, of Mountain Brook, Ala. The honors student vanished May 30 during a five-day trip to Aruba with more than 100 other classmates celebrating their high school graduation.

[b]The Dutch Caribbean island's government asked most of the 4,000 public employees to meet at a sports stadium in the central community of Santa Cruz at 2 p.m. EDT to be briefed on "a systematic search," police commander Trudy Hassell said[/b].

"We hope there will be thousands," Hassell said in the capital, Oranjestad. "This effort is a national effort. We feel with the family."

Authorities also asked the FBI to send a dive team to search waters with rough currents.

Two security guards from a hotel near where Holloway was staying were arrested Sunday. Aruban police in unmarked cars accompanied by FBI agents arrested the suspects, ages 30 and 28, during a pre-dawn raid.

An AP photographer watched as the rumpled men one from the De Vuiyst housing project for poorer islanders and another from an average home in southeast San Nicolas emerged without resistance, hands cuffed behind their backs.

Police searched the homes and emerged with what looked like a metal safe deposit box and a garbage bag of clothing.

Attorney General Caren Janssen declined to release the specific charges, saying the case would go before a judge within 48 hours to determine whether the men can be legally held. She said authorities had not found any of Holloway's belongings at the suspects' homes.

"The charges have a relationship with the disappearance," Janssen said. "There is a reasonable suspicion they may be involved."

Authorities impounded three vehicles found at the two homes, and a team [b]of more than a dozen FBI agents helping with the investigation will help perform forensic testing, police said[/b][/quote]

Not for nothing, but something isn't adding up here...Also why are there marines and FBI agents combing a nation for 1 missing person, she has to be related to someone...I mean normally when people go missing do they request that the whole nation drop whatever their doing to look for her?

I hope she is found alive and well, but it seems strange that they are using so many resources to find one girl..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 6 2005, 02:00 PM']Not for nothing, but something isn't adding up here...Also why are there marines and FBI agents combing a nation for 1 missing person, she has to be related to someone...I mean normally when people go missing do they request that the whole nation drop whatever their doing to look for her?

I hope she is found alive and well, but it seems strange that they are using so many resources to find one girl..
[right][post="99939"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Because she is a rich white girl?

no, probably because aruba is begging them to come and help. Aruba is a country where tourism is like 95% of the nations income. You cant have americans disappearing out of your nice "secure" hotels. These guys they arrested are someday going to disappear and never be heard from again.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
I think it's a combination of both, tourism definitely keeps Aruba economy going and the fact the missing person is a rich blonde doesn't hurt....If the girl from the taser video came up missing in Aruba I doubt the FBI and the nation would scour the land looking for her..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 6 2005, 07:31 PM']I think it's a combination of both, tourism definitely keeps Aruba economy going and the fact the missing person is a rich blonde doesn't hurt....If the girl from the taser video came up missing in Aruba I doubt the FBI and the nation would scour the land looking for her..
[right][post="99943"][/post][/right][/quote]

[quote]If the girl from the taser video came up missing in Aruba I doubt the FBI and the nation would scour the land looking for her..[/quote]

I doubt anyone would have been able to kidnap her! Unless they had a taser of course ;)

Guest bengalrick
because she is an american... so you guys are saying that if this was a middle/low class black/latino woman, we wouldn't be helping??? what a joke...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 7 2005, 10:35 AM']because she is an american... so you guys are saying that if this was a middle/low class black/latino woman, we wouldn't be helping??? what a joke...
[right][post="100215"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I'd put money on it. You must be pretty ignorant if you think that it would be any different.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/166027/2_28_holloway_natalee_informal.jpg[/img]

[quote]ORANJESTAD, Aruba – Aruban police arrested three men Thursday who admitted giving a ride to an Alabama teenager the night she disappeared more than a week ago, the attorney general said.

The three men were previously questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, 18, and described as "persons of interest." They told police they dropped off Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., at her hotel early May 30, but Holiday Inn employees say security cameras did not record her return.

Aruban police arrest three more suspects in the case of a missing American honors student Thursday, authorities said.

Police also impounded a gray Honda car. Holloway's friends reported seeing her leave a nightclub in a silver car the night she disappeared.

Attorney General Caren Janssen said the three were arrested at 6 a.m. She refused to identify them, but authorities previously described them as students – two Surinamese brothers and the son of a Dutch justice official studying to be a judge.

The Dutch suspect, Joran Andreas Petrus Van Der Sloot, a student at Aruba International School, came out of his upper-class home in the northern Montana neighborhood of Oranjestad on Thursday with his head covered in a blue-and-green towel.

Police identified the Surinamese brothers only as Satish and Deepak K.

The attorney general's office had said previously the three were considered witnesses and not suspects.

Janssen refused to say whether the three were connected to two men previously detained in Holloway's disappearance, saying more information would be released later Thursday. A judge ruled Wednesday there was sufficient cause to keep holding the two former hotel security guards.

The decision means authorities may detain Nick John, 30, and Abraham Jones, 28, for nearly four months while prosecutors investigate possible murder and kidnapping charges, defense attorneys said. Neither man has been formally charged.

Holloway vanished while on a five-day trip with 124 classmates celebrating their high school graduation on this Dutch Caribbean island.

The night she disappeared, Holloway ate and danced at Carlos' n Charlie's bar and restaurant. She did not show up for her return flight hours later, and police found her passport in her hotel room with her packed bags.

Local police and the FBI said a lack of any solid leads was hindering progress in their search for Holloway. Local officials have asked the FBI to bring in dogs trained to search.

Police and volunteer land searches continued Wednesday with no results, while water searches, also unsuccessful, had been suspended "at this time," police spokesman Edwin Comenencia said.

Authorities have not said Holloway was a victim of foul play and have not ruled out any possibilities, including that she may have drowned.

It was not clear if Holloway had been drinking the night of her disappearance, though her relatives say she does not party much and is a straight-A student who earned a full scholarship at the University of Alabama.

The Aruba government and local tourism organizations have offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to Holloway's rescue, her family and benefactors in Alabama have offered an additional $30,000, and Carlos' n Charlie's donated another $5,000 – for a total of $55,000.[/quote]

Ok, one question why are so many guys being questioned here, this girl was very busy during her trip....She is being connected to 5 guys in one night, sounds like some one was getting around in Aruba..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 9 2005, 11:51 AM'][img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/166027/2_28_holloway_natalee_informal.jpg[/img]
Ok, one question why are so many guys being questioned here, this girl was very busy during her trip....She is being connected to 5 guys in one night, sounds like some one was getting around in Aruba..
[right][post="101177"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

HAHA seriousely though so what she is on vacation she talked to alot of guys.. its not like she slept with everyone who was hanging out w/her

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jun 9 2005, 10:54 AM']HAHA seriousely though so what she is on vacation she talked to alot of guys.. its not like she slept with everyone who was hanging out w/her
[right][post="101179"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Actually the 3 guys they arrested today ALL claimed to have had sex with her, the more time goes by the more details come out the stranger this case gets...I mean they had the Dutch Marines looking for this girl and one of the guys arrested is the son of a Dutch offical...[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/165752/18_26_060505_aruba_girl.jpg[/img]

Now when most people come up missing, they don't call in the Marines..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 9 2005, 12:06 PM']Actually the 3 guys they arrested today ALL claimed to have had sex with her, the more time goes by the more details come out the stranger this case gets...I mean they had the Dutch Marines looking for this girl and one of the guys arrested is the son of a Dutch offical...[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/165752/18_26_060505_aruba_girl.jpg[/img]

[right][post="101183"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

then this is getting very very wierd

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='#22' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:23 AM']I'd put money on it. You must be pretty ignorant if you think that it would be any different.
[right][post="100573"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

are you kidding me?!?!?! she is an american!!! who the fuck cares what color her skin is?? if she was a latino woman, we would be looking just the same... you act like our fbi is all white men or something... whites may be the majority, but that is a bad thing in this country...

you love personal insults, don't you?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 9 2005, 11:06 AM']Actually the 3 guys they arrested today ALL claimed to have had sex with her, the more time goes by the more details come out the stranger this case gets...I mean they had the Dutch Marines looking for this girl and one of the guys arrested is the son of a Dutch offical...[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/165752/18_26_060505_aruba_girl.jpg[/img]

[right][post="101183"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

considering how much aruba depends on tourism, it isn't very surprising they brought in the marines... what do you expect them to do, make it look like they don't care?

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Beaker' date='Jun 9 2005, 02:06 PM']This is why racism persists. Trying to make this a racist issue...unbelievable.
[right][post="101288"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

If you think this girl race doesn't play a part in the efforts and resources being used to locate her then I don't know what to tell you..Yes I do: Please don't be so naive`, people go missing all the time here and in the islands, but are the marines and FBI called in to find them, hell no!! To say that this why racism persist is just funny, maybe racism persist because people like yourself are too naive` to believe that it's a real problem or that it does exist. I remember you once posted that I should just get over it and move on, if that is how you feel then I understand why you would say something like this. Honestly though, to say this a cause of racism is just ridiculous, imo..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 9 2005, 05:48 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

If you think this girl race doesn't play a part in the efforts and resources being used to locate her then I don't know what to tell you..Yes I do: Please don't be so naive`, people go missing all the time here and in the islands, but are the marines and FBI called in to find them, hell no!!  To say that this why racism persist is just funny, maybe racism persist because people like yourself are too naive` to believe that it's a real problem or that it does exist.  I remember you once posted that I should just get over it and move on, if that is how you feel then I understand why you would say something like this.  Honestly though, to say this a cause of racism is just ridiculous, imo..
[right][post="101403"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No smoov its the fact u cant look past race. I see a person. U see a white girl. If that girl was black i would see the same thing. but u wouldnt thats the diffrence

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jun 9 2005, 04:52 PM']No smoov its the fact u cant look past race. I see a person. U see a white girl. If that girl was black i would see the same thing. but u wouldnt thats the diffrence
[right][post="101405"][/post][/right][/quote]
:rolleyes:
Cmon man, lets be real here..The first thing that people see when they see someone is their skin color and they prejudge people accordingly...Maybe I'm the only one who does it in America, a country whose history is based on racism..

To say that you only see people is b.s., maybe after you get know that person you see them for the person they are, imo..America is so race conscious, everything is predicated on race..Being a person of color living in America, you find that out very quickly..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 9 2005, 10:18 PM'] :rolleyes:
Cmon man, lets be real here..[b]The first thing that people see when they see someone is their skin color [/b]and they prejudge people accordingly...Maybe I'm the only one who does it [b]in America, a country whose history is based on racism[/b]..
To say that you only see people is b.s., maybe after you get know that person you see them for the person they are, imo..America is so race conscious, [b]everything is predicated on race[/b]..Being a person of color living in America, you find that out very quickly..
[right][post="101414"][/post][/right][/quote]

No, youre not hung up on race. Careful Smoov, the man is out to get you.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 9 2005, 06:18 PM'] :rolleyes:
Cmon man, lets be real here..The first thing that people see when they see someone is their skin color and they prejudge people accordingly...Maybe I'm the only one who does it in America, a country whose history is based on racism..
To say that you only see people is b.s., maybe after you get know that person you see them for the person they are, imo..America is so race conscious, everything is predicated on race..Being a person of color living in America, you find that out very quickly..

I dont think so at all. I think a very small precentage of people now judge everyone they meet by race. personaly i judge you on one thing intellegence. i wait till u open ur mouth to pass any kind of judgement...... You should too instead of thinking everyone has something agaisnt you because ur black...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 9 2005, 10:18 PM'] :rolleyes:

That fact that you say that may indicate that you may be racist yourself without even realizing it, the last thing I notice in people is the color of their skin and when I first heard about this incident race never came to mind until I heard others mention it and I also think that the fact that she is an American is the reason there is so much to the story.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Beaker' date='Jun 9 2005, 05:51 PM']No, youre not hung up on race. Careful Smoov, the man is out to get you.
[right][post="101417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

So tell me when you first see Chad Johnson, do you not see a black man?

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jun 9 2005, 06:57 PM']I dont think so at all. I think a very small precentage of people now judge everyone they meet by race. personaly i judge you on one thing intellegence. i wait till u open ur mouth to pass any kind of judgement...... You should too instead of thinking everyone has something agaisnt you because ur black...
[right][post="101438"][/post][/right][/quote]

I'm not saying prejudge in a negative way, by the color of an individuals skin is what you expect their culture to be, right? Before you get a chance to talk to someone you prejudge them, the guy in the elevator next to you or who ever....I don't think people have something against me because I'm black, I never said that. <_<

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 10 2005, 03:45 AM']So tell me when you first see Chad Johnson, do you not see a black man?
[right][post="101479"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Do I recognize the fact that he is black? Yes, its usually quite obvious. Do I immediately think to myself "I have to treat him differently or less than anybody else"? Absolutely not.

I dont think you should just "get over it". I think you should stop trying to read race into everything. That was my point in telling you that it persists because people keep bringing it up. I truly believe that if people would give it the chance to disappear it would. I dont think anybody outside of black or white hate groups wants it to be around.

Archived