Charles Davis' Mock Draft 3 -Top 10

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' timestamp='1302137821' post='982257']
If he can play safety, he's got massive potential and could be the playmaker at the position we've never had under Marvin.
[/quote]

1. Don't take an elite CB prospect and move him to safety.

2. Don't take a safety #4 overall.

Well, I'd rather have Peterson than a WR....and people are getting way to hung up on the whole switch to safety thing...the NFL is a passing league with teams going no-huddle and going 3-4 wide on a regular basis...you have to have as many cover guys as you can get. Plus, TE's like Hernandez and Gronkowski in NE, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, etc..."natural" safeties can't cover those guys, you either need a physical corner or an elite S that can cover anybody like Reed or Troy P. If the Bengals drafted Peterson, he'd simply be a hybrid DB that you could pretty much line up anywhere but DT.

[quote name='spicoli-2' timestamp='1302146926' post='982308']
Well, I'd rather have Peterson than a WR....and people are getting way to hung up on the whole switch to safety thing...the NFL is a passing league with teams going no-huddle and going 3-4 wide on a regular basis...you have to have as many cover guys as you can get. Plus, TE's like Hernandez and Gronkowski in NE, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, etc..."natural" safeties can't cover those guys, you either need a physical corner or an elite S that can cover anybody like Reed or Troy P. If the Bengals drafted Peterson, he'd simply be a hybrid DB that you could pretty much line up anywhere but DT.
[/quote]

I agree 100%.

Is he really going to be better than JoJo? Maybe a little, but I doubt its a huge difference.

I can't imagine that we'd draft a guy top 4 and re-sign both Joseph and Hall. Too much money spent on the secondary. I'd rather upgrade somewhere else and keep Joseph.

I said it in a different thread yesterday, but this is the one pick that I really wouldn't like.

Archived