ESPN pulls Hank Williams Jr. from ‘Monday Night Football’ for comparing Obama, Hitler

Go Skins

[quote name='Jim Finklestein' timestamp='1318429599' post='1044176']

Robert Byrd

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd"]http://en.wikipedia....iki/Robert_Byrd[/url]
[/quote]

No I knew who said it, I'm not sure of it's relevance to the discussion.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1318432422' post='1044202']

No I knew who said it, I'm not sure of it's relevance to the discussion.
[/quote]

Its relevance to the discussion is this; presentation of both sides. Was Robert Byrd ever censored in any shape or form for not only his racist comments but also for comparing Republicans to Nazis ?

On the other side, I tried a Google search of "Hitler" on the Ann Coulter web site. That woman uses the word Hitler almost as much as some of us use the words; AND, BUT, and OR. Yet, she is never censored.

Robert Byrd wasn't just your common run of the mill singer, actor, commentator, etc... this is a person who was supposed to be a gentleman of the highest moral fiber (thanks Ben for the words). Nobody has ever confused Hank Williams with being politically correct. I'd [b]almost[/b] expect someone like that to call another person a Nazi, Hitler, etc... HW has been politically incorrect from an early age and no doubt ESPN had to have known his background when he was hired to do the spot. Nobody in their right mind places any value on HW's political commentary but a politican spewing those venomous words and people should pay attention to a person who was deemed a representative of the American people. "They" (on both sides) don't represent me and "they" are the ones who [b]should[/b] have been censored in some form or another.

I guess her employer is cool with it then. ESPN firing Hank Williams JR is a victory for capitalism.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1318436966' post='1044235']

Its relevance to the discussion is this; presentation of both sides. Was Robert Byrd ever censored in any shape or form for not only his racist comments but also for comparing Republicans to Nazis ?

On the other side, I tried a Google search of "Hitler" on the Ann Coulter web site. That woman uses the word Hitler almost as much as some of us use the words; AND, BUT, and OR. Yet, she is never censored.

[/quote]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1317987940' post='1041305']

I'll agree with this... all except the get rid of Faith Hill part. Girl is easy on the eyes... liked her better the last two years when she was in short shorts though!
[/quote]

You make a good point. Bring back the shorts and I can mute the television and just enjoy the view.

Archived