• 2.Bobby Valentine
    • 3.Ken Griffey Sr.
    • 4.Barry Larkin
    • 5.Grady Little
    • 6.Tony Pena
    • 7.Larry Dierker
    • 8.Art Howe

Guest CrazyIrishman5
By vote is for Pinella and with a very close 2nd going to Valentine. It would also be interesting to see if Larkin could do a Ozzie Guillen with the Reds too.

Barry Larkin.

Bringing back a previous manager hardly ever works (coughPhilJacksoncough). Let someone who is Reds through and through manage. Who understands the game. Who's played very recently. Has the respect of the current players.

In fact aside from experience, what isn't good about Larkin managing? And until we sort the roster out it doesn't matter who's in charge we'll still lose. But by that point we'll have a young, experienced, loyal, respected manager.

VB

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='VonBlade' date='Jun 21 2005, 06:28 PM']Barry Larkin.

Bringing back a previous manager hardly ever works (coughPhilJacksoncough). Let someone who is Reds through and through manage. Who understands the game. Who's played very recently. Has the respect of the current players.

In fact aside from experience, what isn't good about Larkin managing? And until we sort the roster out it doesn't matter who's in charge we'll still lose. But by that point we'll have a young, experienced, loyal, respected manager.

VB
[right][post="105639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I'm a huge Barry Larkin fan - see the Favorite All Time Players thread - and I miss seeing him in a Reds uniform. HOWEVER, pretty much any manager brought in right now is being set up to fail. Poor management bring in poor pitching to a hitter's ballpark in a small market. A lot has to change; a lot that the manager has little to do with. I'd hate to see Barry put in that situation.

But I could be wrong...maybe we should consult with Tony Perez on this issue.

wow... well i am glad both of those happened.. but i was watching the news.. and for fucks sake this city is pathetic.. channel 12 news and channel 9 news BOTH ran a pole asking if gullett should have been spared his job?

WHAT?

[color="red"]WHAT?[/color]

are you fucking kidding me? maybe miley should have been spared his.. gullett is 99.9% of the reason for our failures, he is the pitching coach.. pitching is by FAR out #1 concern. there is zero logic behind this... i hate this city.

Archived