1st round picks on Bengals D

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1332630657' post='1111692']
I'd love if someone could tell me how I could get to this magical fantasy land where other teams draft pick busts and disappointments are worth being excited about!

Whodey!
[/quote]
It's easy to see, especially when you don't have to be a totally negative prick about it. You have some valid points Bengals Own, but you sure are an ass about how you bring them to the table guy.

Zimmer/Marvin have recently proven that they have a way of getting performance out of people who many thought were busts.

Benson, Williams, Howard, Lawson, Jones, Nelson... to name a few. Try looking at it this way too; I loved Fanene and Rucker, but I think that they reached the ceiling of their abilities and Zimmer knew it. I also think that they looked at Harvey and Anderson, saw the potential, and feel confident that they can get more out of them than anyone else has been able to so far. Let's face it, they have the athletic talents to have higher ceilings than do Fanene and Rucker. At the minimum, i think that they will be at least an even trade off... so what's there to be so damn negative about?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1332630857' post='1111695']

You know as big as a bust as Tony Mandarich was, he still went on to play for awhile in the NFL and even contribute somewhat.

The Bengals didn't break the bank or pay first round draft pick money for these guys...they are hoping they can simply just come in and contribute, not be a star. Sometimes taking that pressure off and giving a guy a fresh start can jump start a guy's career.[/quote]

Nice post.

Archived