Landlord denies apartment to man bc of veteran status

big_dish

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1339035777' post='1134204']
Realistically, she should have kept her opinion to herself. If shes a landlord, I'm sure she knows the rules/laws about discrimination. I'm sure it gave her a slight bit of satisfaction to tell him what she thought of the idea.

People are always going to have opinions, but when income is involved, they ought to know the laws and be smart enough to not push the limit/break the law. Of course, we are talking about human beings here and it seems like a large amount fall into the "dumbass" category.
[/quote]

She is also 63 and might not give a F

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1338999169' post='1134084']

Are her rights being discriminated against by making her rent to someone who was in the military?

Edit to an above post...you also choos religion and that is clearly something that would lead to a discrimination issue.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure his rights to equality supersede her right to be an asshole

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1339007145' post='1134104']
Me and my boy Mike Brown!

Off topic for a second but- I actually disagree with a decent amount of the conservative agenda, as much as I do the liberal agenda. I'm also a registered independent, and won't vote for either of the two parties candidates in this years election. I probably come off as much more conservative than I am here because this forum is generally very far to the left. If it was really far right, I'd probably come off as liberal lol.
[/quote]

I dont think that wanting to return to the policies of FDR is very far to the left.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1339035777' post='1134204']
Realistically, she should have kept her opinion to herself. If shes a landlord, I'm sure she knows the rules/laws about discrimination. I'm sure it gave her a slight bit of satisfaction to tell him what she thought of the idea.

People are always going to have opinions, but when income is involved, they ought to know the laws and be smart enough to not push the limit/break the law. Of course, we are talking about human beings here and it seems like a large amount fall into the "dumbass" category.
[/quote]

Yep, her only mistake in this is admitting it. What a retard. I'm with you in that she probably got some sort of satisfaction of being able to tell someone what she thought. Idiot. She could have easily just rented to the next person and it would have been done with.
MULLY

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1342148147' post='1138691']
Im not sure Gay men and women still can't get married.
[/quote]

Gay men can marry women... just look at Michael Jackson, or John Travolta, or Jeff Garcia.

Archived