!!!THE BRONCOS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1352064356' post='1177497']
'eh, there's plenty of blame to go around. Marvin's not great, but most coaches in the league will lose when the oline gets beat all game and special teams accounts for a 10pt swing.
[/quote]Wasn't just st and o, the d was right there with them.Denver made some bad plays and dropped some balls or we would have lost by more.

[quote name='staticx682000' timestamp='1352064552' post='1177507']
Wasn't just st and o, the d was right there with them.Denver made some bad plays and dropped some balls or we would have lost by more.
[/quote]

true, it was a team loss. Too many players making mistakes. Some guys are only making 1-2 mistakes, but when someone is making a mistake on every play, it adds up.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352064476' post='1177505']

Miles is 82-20 in his career coaching in the SEC, and has a National Championship.
[/quote]

LSU has more talent than every team save maybe Alabama. I am a huge LSU fan and he makes HORRIBLE decisions during games. Won NC with Saban's recruits.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1352064776' post='1177513']
LSU has more talent than every team save maybe Alabama. I am a huge LSU fan and he makes HORRIBLE decisions during games. Won NC with Saban's recruits.
[/quote]

It's pretty hard to win that many games in the SEC without being a good coach. Talent can't always win ball games. I would think you would know this as much as anyone. How many talented college players have come to the Bengals and fell flat on their faces?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352064963' post='1177515']

It's pretty hard to win that many games in the SEC without being a good coach. Talent can't always win ball games. I would think you would know this as much as anyone. How many talented college players have come to the Bengals and fell flat on their faces?
[/quote]

Fine. Hire him to train and run practices, make him watch game from a bar. You don't know him as well as I do. The SEC has dominated because they get WAY better talent than the other conferences. Still, the conference has been dominated by Alabama, LSU and Florida the last 10 years. The other teams would be good to great teams in other conferences but can't hang with the big 3 year in and out.

I personally misjudged the talent on this team. First of all I think Marvin is awful and needs to go.
Faine is bad ( but that is why he was on the street ) Whit and Andre aren't as good as I thought.
Dunlap and MJ do nothing the last few games.
1 great wr the rest are below average.
Kicking always let's you down when we need it.
Secondary stinks, running backs below average, QB is up and down. Play calling very bad.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1352065638' post='1177523']
Fine. Hire him to train and run practices, make him watch game from a bar. You don't know him as well as I do. The SEC has dominated because they get WAY better talent than the other conferences. Still, the conference has been dominated by Alabama, LSU and Florida the last 10 years. The other teams would be good to great teams in other conferences but can't hang with the big 3 year in and out.
[/quote]

I'm not arguing the strength of the conference, in fact we are both agreeing about that. The fact that LSU can be that good with that many good teams in the conference only vindicates my opinion. So now what the argument should become, why is the SEC so strong? Personally I think a big part of it has to do with weather and location. There might be an economic reason to that as well. The Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana area used to put out almost as much of the top talent in the country as the Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Louisiana area. That has started to shift. I would like to see how many of these parents and families are transplants. So many of the schools in those areas are Prep schools, which are as close to colleges as they are high schools. Cincinnati area has a few, Dayton has Alter, but none are like the ones in Florida. There you will get a team with Cris Carter's son playing along side some other former NFL player's son.

I thought we played pretty well for most of the game. I knew we were never stellar running the ball. But this seriously needs to be addressed. BJGE dances with the ball as opposed to hitting the hole. Also, I think the game changed on the INT on the 3rd and 25. I would have much rather have done a screen play or run and played the field position battle rather than force a throw to try to get a quarter of the field

[quote name='ButchWalkerRokks' timestamp='1352068474' post='1177549']
[b]I thought we played pretty well for most of the game. [/b]I knew we were never stellar running the ball. But this seriously needs to be addressed. BJGE dances with the ball as opposed to hitting the hole. Also, I think the game changed on the INT on the 3rd and 25. I would have much rather have done a screen play or run and played the field position battle rather than force a throw to try to get a quarter of the field
[/quote]

offense played well, but not well enough to overcome a 10pt swing on special teams.

defense played well, but not well enough to overcome a 10pt swing on special teams.

Neither offense or defense played bad, but neither were mistake free enough to overcome the special teams, let alone their own mistakes.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352067203' post='1177534']

I'm not arguing the strength of the conference, in fact we are both agreeing about that. The fact that LSU can be that good with that many good teams in the conference only vindicates my opinion. So now what the argument should become, why is the SEC so strong? Personally I think a big part of it has to do with weather and location. There might be an economic reason to that as well. The Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana area used to put out almost as much of the top talent in the country as the Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Louisiana area. That has started to shift. I would like to see how many of these parents and families are transplants. So many of ,,,,the schools in those areas are Prep schools, which are as close to colleges as they are high schools. Cincinnati area has a few, Dayton has Alter, but none are like the ones in Florida. There you will get a team with Cris Carter's son playing along side some other former NFL player's son.
[/quote]

You make many good points. Others are national exposure, fact most play a pro style offense and defense and you play against great talent as well which pro scouts feel is very important. If you think you are pro material in High School, you want to play in the SEC. Playing against bad teams does little for you. Ohio has plenty of great prep players but let's be honest, is 10-0 Ohio State getting any better with their joke of a schedule?

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1352069627' post='1177569']
You make many good points. Others are national exposure, fact most play a pro style offense and defense and you play against great talent as well which pro scouts feel is very important. If you think you are pro material in High School, you want to play in the SEC. Playing against bad teams does little for you. Ohio has plenty of great prep players but let's be honest, is 10-0 Ohio State getting any better with their joke of a schedule?
[/quote]

As a long time Notre Dame fan, when they were playing well like they are this year, OSU fans used to give me so much shit because ND would play the military schools and some other patsies. They would beg that some day ND would join the Big Ten and see what it is like to play a Big Ten schedule. Now everything is reversed. Ohio State is playing small schools and Notre Dame is playing the likes of USC, Stanford, Pittsburgh, Michigan St., and so on. Notre Dame has maybe 2 patsies on their schedule when Ohio State has 3, and you know that every year at least one of their Big Ten opponents will be weak as well. Heck if you look at Notre Dames schedule this year Navy is the only patsy. All the rest of the teams have been a winner in the last few years, or at least when they signed the contract to play against each other.

Is anyone else seeing how much of a gap there is between the Giants defense against Roethlisberger than the Bengals defense? It's like night and day. I don't think I have seen one guy just bounce off of him or wiff a tackle. Then an interception because Roethlisberger is rattled. WHY?

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1352432955' post='1178856']
Off topic, but the nearest gameday thread. Watching a bit of the Colts Jags game.... Jacksonville's offense is nightmarishly bad.
[/quote]

It will be better in LA.

It is simply mind numbing that the Colts are 6-3. Amazing. Lets see how they do next week at New England. 14th and 16th games are against Houston. Not sure how the sched-O-matic came up with that.

Archived