Dell vs HP vs Gateway

Bengal Cat

OK Guys, based on your own experience, what you know and what you've heard.......If you are in the market for a new desktop and all 3 of these are in front of you with the same size processor, amount of RAM and hard drive, if you had to choose based soley on the brand, what would your choice be and why?

Reason I'm asking is, I will be faced with this decision very soon and I trust the opinions on here. Feel free to throw in another brand if need be.

I would purchase for myself, in order:

Apple (I know that's not what you're looking for, but just putting it out there)
Lenovo
Asus
Acer\Gateway
Dell
HP

I put HP last due to their recent quality issues. Lenovo has been tops in customer support and reliability for the last couple of years, desktop and laptop.

How much do I trust Lenovo?

When my mother-in-law needed a new computer I bought her a Lenovo so I wouldn't have to fucking see it again for a while. Two years later and it's working to perfection...

HP uses lousy components, and installs more bloatware on their PCs than any other company I have come across. I would avoid them. I like Apple, Lenovo, Asus, and have had Dells that worked well in the past. I have no experience with Acer.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1353538480' post='1183215']
HP uses lousy components, and installs more bloatware on their PCs than any other company I have come across. I would avoid them. I like Apple, Lenovo, Asus, and have had Dells that worked well in the past. I have no experience with Acer.
[/quote]

Dell is a close second when it comes to bloatware, but glad to see someone shared my opinion and ranking of the brands....

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1353533569' post='1183199']
I would purchase for myself, in order:

Apple (I know that's not what you're looking for, but just putting it out there)
Lenovo
Asus
Acer\Gateway
Dell
HP

I put HP last due to their recent quality issues. Lenovo has been tops in customer support and reliability for the last couple of years, desktop and laptop.

How much do I trust Lenovo?

[b]When my mother-in-law needed a new computer I bought her a Lenovo so I wouldn't have to fucking see it again for a while. Two years later and it's working to perfection[/b]...
[/quote]

LOL at this.....That's the ultimate trust right there.

[quote name='Bengal Cat' timestamp='1353545524' post='1183237']
LOL at this.....That's the ultimate trust right there.
[/quote]

For the record, I would have bought her an iMac or Mac Mini, but I didn't want to:

A. Listen to her bitch about how different it is

B. Spend that much money on her. :D

But yeah, if I can't get a Macintosh, then Lenovo is the next best thing. The ThinkPad is one kick-ass laptop and their desktops aren't too shabby either...

I had a Dell in college. Motherboard had to be replaced twice while under warranty. Then, the warranty ran out and it fried again. It had something to do with the power supply port. I'll never buy a Dell again. I don't like HP either. Their printers are fucked. I bought a brand new, wireless printer a couple years ago... lasted me maybe 6 months. I just bought a Brother printer and it's been going strong about a year and a half printing, copying, faxing 75+ pages a day.

Archived