Robinson vs. Cook

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1355517656' post='1193873']
You keep having a different argument with me than the one I'm having with you, and until we get that squared, we aren't going to get anywhere. I'm not even talking about individual play. I could care less about who does what on which play. You can completely ignore or disagree with my play-by-play analysis. But what you can't disagree with are the aggregate results, the numbers, of how this team does when one guy is in versus another.

And as far as I'm concerned, there's simply no argument there because the facts are devastating. My assertion that we've done well the last two games on the first two drives and then do shitting when Cook comes in? OK, I'll even give you that one, as we COULD chalk that up to chance (rather than a sudden Change in Chemistry). But over the course of two whole games?

Nope, I'm not going to budge an inch there.
[/quote]

yea, I got it you're talking about chemistry, not play.

To be fair though, do I have to go find every post where you've said "cook sucks." :P

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1355517684' post='1193874']
I just want them to FFS pick one and go with it.
[/quote]

x2. I think both have advantages over the other and both bring something different. But the offense needs to have as few moving parts as possible.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355517822' post='1193876']
To be fair though, do I have to go find every post where you've said "cook sucks." :P

[/quote]

You don't have to dig deep, because I've said that very thing in this thread. It's not that I don't believe that. it's simply that this argument transcends the player's skill and looks at something larger.

But I'm completely with you on this one thing, because I do think the Chemistry is paramount: For the love of god, let's pick one and stick with him.

And let's not be idiots and pick Cook :24:

I don't think it should be over looked that the first drive or 15 plays or so are scripted and rehearsed in order during the week. Our success all season long on our first few drives attests to our ability to prepare and script the beginning of the game. So I'm not sure I would expect different results if Cook had started and Robinson came in on drive 3.

But we need to make a decision this week and that guy is the starter all game from here on out.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1355522834' post='1193911']
[b]I don't think it should be over looked that the first drive or 15 plays or so are scripted and rehearsed in order during the week. [/b] Our success all season long on our first few drives attests to our ability to prepare and script the beginning of the game. So I'm not sure I would expect different results if Cook had started and Robinson came in on drive 3.

But we need to make a decision this week and that guy is the starter all game from here on out.
[/quote]

solid point. Also worth noting the field position of those drives. Factoring in the drives that encompass "the first 15 plays" in each of the last 2 games, 3 of those 4 drives started in opponent territory.

Archived