VHS Cassettes?

mongo

As the little lady and I get closer to moving, we're sorting through everything we have (nothing like the hatred of packing and moving crap to make you ready to throw stuff out). I'm trying to decide what to do with the collection of VHS tapes... I haven't touched them in ten years, and can't imagine ever looking at them again. Do I just throw them out? Do I take them somewhere? What has everyone else done with their old VHS stuff?

Convert them into DVD. I had a few VHS tapes converted into digital media. Some old footage of the kids, parents, etc... that are not easily replaced. However, if you're talking about regular movies then toss them. However, a few of those old VHS movies can not be had cheaply in DVD format. Otherwise, if you feel froggy put them in the Goodwill box (or other appropriate charity resale organization).

I went into Ohio Thrift (like a Goodwill, kinda) the other day and saw a bunch of VHS players, old TVs, and old wood-like AM/FM radios. It made me feel insignificant almost. It was just weird because all the things from my childhood that I can remember are obsolete anymore. In another 20 years you'll probably never see one. Time marches on...

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1360611935' post='1213924']
I went into Ohio Thrift (like a Goodwill, kinda) the other day and saw a bunch of VHS players, old TVs, and old wood-like AM/FM radios. It made me feel insignificant almost. It was just weird because all the things from my childhood that I can remember are obsolete anymore. In another 20 years you'll probably never see one. Time marches on...
[/quote]

Stop, you make me feel old. semi :ninja:

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1360613415' post='1213930']

Stop, you make me feel old. semi :ninja:
[/quote]

Just think, in 100 years we're all gone and people are going to walk through the Ohio Thrift store and see a 42" flat screen HDTV for whatever they consider cheap then and wonder how the hell we survived.

i have 1 box of VHS left, its a 18" cube box.. kept some movies i really wanted, like old concert stuff, etc.. stuff id like to have digital just too lazy to do.. those MIGHT not make it through the next cleaning... but it was tough to pitch stuff until last minute moving kicked in.

Archived