NFL Alters policy on bringing bags into games

Bengals1181

The more I see shit like this, the more I am starting to believe the NRA's paranoid rants about taking guns away. As in...once you give an inch, they take a mile in the name of "security" and that inch never comes back and then the "now" security procedures become the "new normal" until we reach a point where anal screens and x-rays will be mandatory at all public gatherings,

In the case of sporting event security that's been the case.  

I will withold judgement until I experience the new procedure.   If it speeds things up, I'm all for it.

This has been a growing complaint of mine.   You used to be able to get to the gate around 12:50 and that gave you plenty of time to get to my seat in time for kickoff.

Now it's 12:20.    Hear is the rub.   Getting into the stadium is the most unsafe environment.   You have a crowd of drunk people trying to cram into a small area at one time.  The crowd is easyily in the high hundreds.    There is often pushing and arguement as most people are ready to watch the game instead of waiting to get in line.

From my observation the cause.  

1. Clearly start time.   Do something worthwhile inside the stadium well before 1 to get more people in their seats.

2. The ushers using the ticket scanners have to line up the bar code, it takes way longer than tearing a ticket

3. As soon as you get past the ticket scanner there are all sorts of vendors selling beer, credit cards etc.   All this creates a few seconds of back log and jams it up.

If it was truly about safety.   Throw some cash into the pregame and put something on the field people want to see and get a higher percentage of your crowd already in the stadium.  This allows for more timely searches.  (Every freakin horse track has figured this out.   That's why they always have a race or two after the big stakes race so everyone isn't leaving at the same time)

Get better easy to use scanners and I know they exist because Delta has no problem scanning a board pass in 1 or 2 tries not 5 or 6.

Don't let your vendors crowd the entrance. 

If someone wanted to produce a body count like Boston.   They'll figure out how to fling a device at the right time in the target the NFL has set up for them. 

Archived