Familiar faces greet defense

Completely agree. I see peko as more of a guy to try and eat up blocks so geno, burfict and the boys can do there thing. As far as peko being on the decline when I watched him in games I always saw him holding up well at the point of attack and I think thats exactly why we have him. A reasonable player that is well loved making a reasonable salary is fine by me and he probly will get extended at some point I would imagine at least for another year or 2. Unless tompson or still have the light go off for em. I have never been impressed by what ive seen out of either. But im not exactly watching the dt's every play either. Just a casual observation from watching the games last year. 

I wouldn't go that far with the new kids.  Sometimes they get a nice penetration so you see what the coaches can see.  They just need to get more strength and training, and quit getting hurt.  But so far they aren't driving Domata to the bench, or the unemployment line.

Peko has been in decline for 3 straight years. He's moderately paid but probably not as good as Brandon Thompson. He may well be kept around as the Bengals seem to do but most teams would probably ask him to take a pay cut and release him if he declined

Back when Pat Sims was trolling for a contract offer from the Bengals Peko said he had approached the Bengals about his willingness to renegotiate and extend his contract to free up cap space should the Bengals need it. He said the Bengals declined, but Peko said he told them the offer still stands should additional space be needed for players like AJ or Geno, who was still unsigned at the time. He even spoke a little about a willingness to play for less as he got older in exchange for the chance to remain in Cincy.

Completely agree. I see peko as more of a guy to try and eat up blocks so geno, burfict and the boys can do there thing. As far as peko being on the decline when I watched him in games I always saw him holding up well at the point of attack and I think thats exactly why we have him. A reasonable player that is well loved making a reasonable salary is fine by me and he probly will get extended at some point I would imagine at least for another year or 2. Unless tompson or still have the light go off for em. I have never been impressed by what ive seen out of either. But im not exactly watching the dt's every play either. Just a casual observation from watching the games last year. 

yep, and prior to 2013 Peko consistently drew double teams to free up Atkins, MJ and Dunlap.  In 2013, Atkins started getting doubled more, which is why Peko set a career high in sacks and Atkins' sack total was down early in the year.

Archived