Impressive Trick Shots - Pool - Worth Watching

Jason

Because of my background in playing pool I've had this video sent to me privately at least a dozen times. I have to say that I'm not really that impressed with it. Don't take that the wrong way, he makes some amazing shots in here, but, the majority of them are shots that he had to shoot over and over and over again until he finally caught one on camera. Let me break it down, if you're interested....

Opening shot: The first ball in the side is a gimme. Just touching it is going to make it fall in. The ball in the corner, also pretty much a gimme because where the cue ball and that first ball are touching is in a direct line to that corner ball. It's called the tangent line. The cue ball is going to follow that line. As for the third ball, I'm positive he shot that over and over until he got it just right.

Shot 2: See the white marks on the table there where the cue ball was? Those are burn marks from the cue hitting the cloth and leaving a friction burn. See how large that white spot is? He must have tried that same shot at least 50 times to get a spot that big.

Shot 3: I'll give him this one. Fairly simple shot to pull off. I'm guessing he got it within the first 5 tries and moved on to the harder stuff.

Shot 4: Again, look at the white burn marks on the cloth and refer to shot #2. Also notice his reaction at the end of the shot where he turns around and waves his arms at whoever it is back there watching. That was a "Jesus Christ, it finally fucking worked" reaction if I ever saw one. Been there/Done that.

Shot 5: Refer to number 2. Burn marks all over the damn place AND pretty much the same reaction from him as in shot #4. He finally made it.

Shot 6: Not all that difficult doing that with one hand. To be totally honest, I'm more impressed that he didn't jump the cue ball off the table before that. Circling those balls then jumping over them, not that hard. He probably got that one within the first few tries. He may have even gotten it on the first try.

Shot 7: The most impressive part of this is that he can hold 3 cues at one time. Once you have that the rest is easy.

Shot 8: More burn marks on the cloth. That was shot over and over and over until he got it right.

Shot 9: I'm 50/50 on this one. There are quite a few burn marks on the cloth, but I believe he probably got this one sooner than a lot of the others. This isn't the most difficult of the masse shots he does here. By the way, balancing balls on top of each other, old trick, one of the balls has a flat spot.

Shot 10: Cute. Willie Mosconi and Minnesota Fats used to do this shot, one ball only, the length of the table. I don't think he did that within 50 shots, but still cute.

Shot 11: Good Lord, look at that burn mark. That is a LOT of attempts.

Shot 12: Another reaction at the end that he's relieved that he finally made it. The cue laying on the table like that directs the cue ball directly to the pocket so it all comes down to timing. Good shot, but again, he didn't get the one in the first 50 either.

Shot 13: Great shot, not too hard to pull off, probably got it within the first few tries. Only down side is that particular shot isn't supposed to hit that last rail before going back to the object ball. The back spin is supposed to kick in before it hits that rail. Still a good shot though.

Shot 14: The girl comes in. Now, I'm not going to break down every shot from here because it all comes down to the same thing. Yes, these are some great shots to watch, but they're not the kind of shots you take to an exhibition and do in front of a crowd because you can't get them in 1 or 2 tries. Now, you want to be impressed, watch my video of trick shots. Those are shots that you could pull off with a little bit of practice and know how. They are within reach of mortal man. hehehe!!!

I'd also like to add that if you are a weekend warrior that thinks he knows how to play pool, and you want to go to a pool hall and try some of these, DON'T. Refer back to the burn marks on the cloth. Room owners don't like those marks on the table. I'm guessing this guy got away with it because they're probably planning on new cloth soon after. He totally ruined that cloth.

MULLY

sorry for being a spoil sport :+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTdplXloGgc

debbie_downer.jpg

joking with ya Mully..

i wouldn't have even realized what those marks were if you didn't tell me.

I'll take the Debbie Downer moniker. Usually I wouldn't have said anything about this video, but like I said above, I had this video sent to me AT LEAST a dozen times over the past 2 weeks.

MULLY

mully what was that song you used for the soundtrack to your video?

That's actually music that is bundled in SmartSound in the PowerDirector video editing software. I don't have the software in front of me to look it up at the moment.

MULLY

Archived