ANOTHER unarmed man shot by cops

big_dish

Only this time it was a white guy killed by a black cop.

http://fox13now.com/2014/08/12/vigil-held-for-south-salt-lake-man-shot-killed-by-police/

So many deaths of whites at the hands of black men... I wasn't aware that being born white was a crime in this country. People are sitting on your high and moral blackness and acting like it isn't common for black men to kill unarmed black people just like they were dogs on the street. In fact, I think people like yourself have more moral outrage over dogs being killed than you do over white people. There have been many white people, all unarmed, killed by the black people in just this last month. When are black men going to start respecting white lives? When do white people that die at the hands of blacks going to have a voice?

By the way- before anyone accuses me of anything- every single sentence above was lifted directly from the conversations in the Ferguson thread. Only difference is I changed the words of posters on here from white to black and vice versa. Sounds pretty shitty and racist to read it that way right? There is no difference when it comes to whom is killing whom. Racism goes both ways, but perceived victimization and media bias only goes one way. Cops have a very difficult job and life threatening situations present themselves in a split second. I am only posting this and the words of posters above to illustrate the narrative you all try to paint- and the issues you all blatantly ignore because white deaths don't seem to matter as much to you. Fact of the matter is- all people matter, you just dont hear about the ones that the race-baiting, hate stoking media dont want you to hear about.

:facepalm:

What? Pointing out hypocrisy isnt allowed here? Shedding light on the fact that there are more other "victims" than than the victimization sect wants you to acknowledge? What is facepalm inducing about using the exact same phrases that you applaud for one group? It only goes one way with you? Only one set of people have a voice, or are allowed to lament the terrible things that happen to their group? Only one type of victim is allowed media coverage? What?

What? Pointing out hypocrisy isnt allowed here? Shedding light on the fact that there are more other "victims" than than the victimization sect wants you to acknowledge? What is facepalm inducing about using the exact same phrases that you applaud for one group? It only goes one way with you? Only one set of people have a voice, or are allowed to lament the terrible things that happen to their group? Only one type of victim is allowed media coverage? What?

No you're right, and I can't wait until we get a white history month. amirite?!?!

Whats ignorant about it? Explain.

It wasnt ignorant to you when the exact same things were said in the other thread. Why is it ignorant here?

Because you are ignoring history and cherry picking.. But I'm not going to try and explain it to you because it is so damn evident that if you don't see it it's because you are refusing to.. And if that is the case, there is no point in discussing something with someone who is willfully ignorant on a topic.

Because you are ignoring history and cherry picking.. But I'm not going to try and explain it to you because it is so damn evident that if you don't see it it's because you are refusing to.. And if that is the case, there is no point in discussing something with someone who is willfully ignorant on a topic.

I'm not sure I believe that's the case TBH.

I'm not sure I believe that's the case TBH.

It's hard for me to believe otherwise.  Especially considering that I know he has had plenty of chances to get some perspective on this board alone if that were not the case.

What is very obvious to me is there is a large segment of the country that has totally invested itself into proving the cop is a murderer.

Very similar to the Duke Lacrosse rape case, this group took the first bit of information about the situation and completely ran with it.  Some of these people include news networks and of course the usual suspects i.e. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson.

The facts no longer matter to many.  They desperately need this white police officer charged with murder.  It doesn't matter what the facts are.  They don't care, they want to see a white police officer hang for all the injustice (and there certainly has been some) over the years.

This case is no longer about facts and never will be again unless the facts PROVE the officer killed an unarmed black teen who had his hands in the air and had surrendered.    No other explanation, regardless if it is the actual truth, will be accepted.

Ah, I see. So despite realities of a modern day situation, certain groups of people are not supposed to have a voice or draw attention to violence against said group, simply because history shows that another group was persecuted. So, in other words, shedding light on the hypocrisy of some people who act like any act of violence, justified or not, means an entire race of people do not care about the lives of that group is something that should never be broached because history has been kinder to one group and not the others? And in that, that by even mentioning the VERY REAL TRUTH that whites are victims of violent crime at a much larger pace than vice versa, makes me ignorant and you enlightened?

By all accounts, what you are saying is that racist remarks against whites is ok, and white lives truly dont matter compared to black lives because of history. But when the same remark is made against the black race, it is the most ignorant, vile and revolting thing to possibly say, because of history. You are saying that when a black life is lost to a white person, it is an act so atrocious that we should all question our humanity and feel ashamed of our skin color, because of history, and on the same token, that when a white life is lost, we shouldnt dare even speak of it, because that white life was owed death, because of history.

This is 2014. All lives are equal. Good job trying to shame people into being quiet so the country only speaks of your narrative instead of the realities of what is going on with all races.

Ah, I see. So despite realities of a modern day situation, certain groups of people are not supposed to have a voice or draw attention to violence against said group, simply because history shows that another group was persecuted. So, in other words, shedding light on the hypocrisy of some people who act like any act of violence, justified or not, means an entire race of people do not care about the lives of that group is something that should never be broached because history has been kinder to one group and not the others? And in that, that by even mentioning the VERY REAL TRUTH that whites are victims of violent crime at a much larger pace than vice versa, makes me ignorant and you enlightened?

By all accounts, what you are saying is that racist remarks against whites is ok, and white lives truly dont matter compared to black lives because of history. But when the same remark is made against the black race, it is the most ignorant, vile and revolting thing to possibly say, because of history. You are saying that when a black life is lost to a white person, it is an act so atrocious that we should all question our humanity and feel ashamed of our skin color, because of history, and on the same token, that when a white life is lost, we shouldnt dare even speak of it, because that white life was owed death, because of history.

This is 2014. All lives are equal. Good job trying to shame people into being quiet so the country only speaks of your narrative instead of the realities of what is going on with all races.

You put so many words in my mouth it's not even funny.  In fact it's sad.

In fact in the other thread, I have never even mentioned race as a contributor to this incident.. All I have talked about is how people are distrustful of police and that militarization and things like no knock warrants are making things worse.

Of course it's outrageous that a cop shot and killed this poor kid.  And from pictures accompanying the news story there are people protesting.. But it's this thing about "history" that you acknowledge yet disregard that makes this an apple and what happened in Furguson an orange.  It's not just that someone may have been wrongfully killed by the police.. It's that plus all that "history" you are trying to ignore that is making this whole thing explode the way it has.

Ah, the dreaded double face palm.

OK just to clarify:

Black man killed by white man: discuss everywhere with everyone and make sure everyone knows how much that life mattered

White man killed by black man: Dont mention it to anyone because only ignorant racists talk about that, and white lives dont need to be talked about.

Got it!

I feel enlightened by the wisdom here.

Let me know when the authorities in this town are pulling whites over in numbers that arent quite right. Let me know when systematic inequality that causes much of these things is occurring in the same percentages as well. Until then the attempt to draw any equivalency is disingenuous at best, ....at best.

I know I know that's just liberal talking points. :24:

You put so many words in my mouth it's not even funny.  In fact it's sad.

In fact in the other thread, I have never even mentioned race as a contributor to this incident.. All I have talked about is how people are distrustful of police and that militarization and things like no knock warrants are making things worse.

Of course it's outrageous that a cop shot and killed this poor kid.  And from pictures accompanying the news story there are people protesting.. But it's this thing about "history" that you acknowledge yet disregard that makes this an apple and what happened in Furguson a lemon.  It's not just that someone may have been wrngfully killed by the police.. It's that plus all that "history" you are trying to ignore that is making this whole thing explode the way it has.

I'm not disregarding history- What happened to blacks for several hundred years was inexcusable, dirty, unconscionable thing to be put through. But that doesnt mean I, or anyone of my generation that looks like me has anything to do with it. And at this point I know history is used as a life boat in a sea of progress... a crutch to hold up racism whenever anything happens to a black person. A CRIME that people like you try to pin on everyone in this country today that is white, even though virtually everyone on this board was never alive for. History is a way to entice uneducated blacks to feel like victims instead of empowering them to succeed in life. History is a way to try to force people to feel shame, even though they werent a part of it.

Saying history dictates everything is a way to keep people quiet about what is really going on. History is a way to enforce division among races, instead of inclusion. History is a way to make blacks angry, and to incite racism. History is barely relevant in reality of today- the issues that face the poor black community are much greater than history.

Some of my favorite public figures/journalists/authors are black. One of the reasons is that these guys know history. They know there was oppression. But they know success. They know they control their destiny, and they know they are in charge of their own fate. These are men that know way more than you or I about history and growing up black in this country. Instead of using that to shame others into submission or allowing it to keep them back from their desired ambitions, they choose to make their own choice about who they would be in life. They chose not to listen to the modern day enslavement culture, and instead prove it wrong. I know you choose to learn your "black people destiny" from the like of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but you, and many others on here, could learn a lot from men like this.

Walter E Williams

Dr Ben Carson

Allen West

Larry Elder

Herman Caine

Let me know when the authorities in this town are pulling whites over in numbers that arent quite right. Let me know when systematic inequality that causes much of these things is occurring in the same percentages as well. Until then the attempt to draw any equivalency is disingenuous at best, ....at best.

I know I know that's just liberal talking points. :24:

This thread isnt about Ferguson. Its about the double standard of talking about realities in this country, the double standard of you, the double standard of the media.

Black lives do not matter more than white lives. White lives to not matter more than black lives. But you act as if there is a major difference between the two. There is not. Both are human beings.

Lord you are transparent. 

Nobody said anyone's life is of greater value than another, the response in fergson is exactly because of that. That threat wouldnt even exist if that truth actually existed. And the fact that you cant....well no you're not stupid, or willfully ignorant, you know there is a difference you just have an agenda here.

Can't wait for that white history month though.

I'm not disregarding history- What happened to blacks for several hundred years was inexcusable, dirty, unconscionable thing to be put through. But that doesnt mean I, or anyone of my generation that looks like me has anything to do with it. And at this point I know history is used as a life boat in a sea of progress... a crutch to hold up racism whenever anything happens to a black person. A CRIME that people like you try to pin on everyone in this country today that is white, even though virtually everyone on this board was never alive for. History is a way to entice uneducated blacks to feel like victims instead of empowering them to succeed in life. History is a way to try to force people to feel shame, even though they werent a part of it.

Saying history dictates everything is a way to keep people quiet about what is really going on. History is a way to enforce division among races, instead of inclusion. History is a way to make blacks angry, and to incite racism. History is barely relevant in reality of today- the issues that face the poor black community are much greater than history.

Some of my favorite public figures/journalists/authors are black. One of the reasons is that these guys know history. They know there was oppression. But they know success. They know they control their destiny, and they know they are in charge of their own fate. These are men that know way more than you or I about history and growing up black in this country. Instead of using that to shame others into submission or allowing it to keep them back from their desired ambitions, they choose to make their own choice about who they would be in life. They chose not to listen to the modern day enslavement culture, and instead prove it wrong. I know you choose to learn your "black people destiny" from the like of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but you, and many others on here, could learn a lot from men like this.

Walter E Williams

Dr Ben Carson

Allen West

Larry Elder

Herman Caine

Ah so this isnt about race equality at all with you is it? Rather its about "LIBERALSS!!!!!11111eleven"

Ah so this isnt about race equality at all with you is it? Rather its about "LIBERALSS!!!!!11111eleven"

Well as I've said many times, I dont personally care about race and lumping an entire race of people together as if they were one entity. For the purposes of this post, it is about equal value of life and the ability to question why things are the way they are- despite the fact that people with your mindset try to force it into being a taboo subject. Value of life needs to be talked about and understanding needs to be made.

I have no problem with anyone of any race. I have a problem with peoples mindsets and refusal to tackle the actual issues- many of the tough issues come down to personal responsibility and being able to get away with having none. So, yes, in that respect liberals drive me nuts. In some aspects, I completely agree with liberal messages. Other than demanding personal responsibility from all individuals and less government interference in our lives- I probably agree with a lot more liberal ideas than conservative: Separation of church and state. Gay Marriage. legalization of certain drugs. easier LEGAL paths to citizenship. But the way the liberal mindset and policies has played its part in destroying the black nuclear family is shameful- and the fact that many of these programs shackle people to dependance instead of pushing them to accomplish greater things is a travesty. 

And some of you act like all white people are born kings, live in castles and have all of the finer things in life. Its complete bullshit. Most white people are struggling to make ends meet, just like everyone else.

I never got anything free. I never had an allowance. When I was a kid I would mow lawns, shovel sidewalks, deliver newspapers for money. I had a real job at 14. I took pride in reading and writing and the correct pronounciation of words so I wouldnt sound stupid to adults. I graduated HS and couldnt afford college- so I went into the Navy and spent four years away. Between the GI Bill and working full time, I paid my way through college. I've worked my ass off to had a decent living since then, and recently started my own self employed business. I did that. Not white priviledge. I made something of my life because I had nothing to fall back on. No welfare. No college fund. Nothing. It had nothing to do with my race at all- it had to do with determination. My priviledge was wanting a good life- having a dream I could one day have a comfortable condo or house and a sweet car. It had to do with my parents telling me that hard work was my only option. That if I was going to have money- I had to earn it. They taught me to respect people, and to respect authority figures. They taught me that if I EVER got in trouble with the police, to do as they say and NEVER mouth off. They taught me that if I ever got arrested- they werent bailing me out. They taught me that if I fail, I am the one to blame. And if I succeed? That I am the one who worked his ass off to make that happen.

If that shit is white priviledge, then I guess I was awfully priviledged. I was priviledged to have a work ethic and respect. I was priviledged to serve my country and sacrifice. I was priviledged to show humility to police when I was in trouble. Or maybe I just wouldnt let all the negative outside forces drag me down and use anything and everything I could as an excuse as to why I was going to fail.

That post is so ridiculous I don't even know that it deserves a thoughtful response.  

Dont worry, I havent seen one from you in any threads yet.

edit: actually I think I did see one.But no need to strain.

Archived