Reds game updates

JC

What the hell is going on with Milton?
And why is it that the Reds only produce run support when they don't really have to?

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but DAMN

Guest bengalrick

i got back from camping and didn't get to keep up w/ the reds the last couple of days... but damn, after reading this thread, i'm pumped to check some box scores :)

sounds like dunn is making a fool out of what i was saying about him, besides the throw...

good :D

Guest oldschooler
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/15.gif[/img]

[quote]five straight wins on the road, of all places, the Reds have their biggest string of victories this season.

The Reds will have Monday's off-day to reflect on the fact that they have a 12-5 record since the break, which is tied for third-best in the Major Leagues.

The Reds, at long last, are capable of winning anywhere. This 5-2 swing through the West Coast proved it.

"It was a very good road trip," Narron said. "After the first two days in LA, to come back and win five in a row is pretty impressive."[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/15.gif[/img]

[url="http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20050731&content_id=1152623&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin"]http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...t=.jsp&c_id=cin[/url]

Guest bengalrick
i think its becoming more obvious to me, that GABP is a major disadvantage for this team... we need to remember that in the future, and make sure to stack up on pitching (big surprise, right?)... the problem that i'm seeing is we can play w/ anyone on the road, b/c their park isn't so small w/ a jet stream that pushes every fly ball out of the park.. when we play on the road, we whoop ass!!! that is b/c our pitchers don't look like AA pitchers in tehir park... all pitchers look that way at GABP... can we move the walls back maybe...

no, seriously...

What team are you watching? The Reds have one of the worst road records in the MLB. Before going to LA and SD, the reds were still under 10 wins on the road.

They are playing better, but I don't think the ball park has anything to do with it. It's the quality of the team we are playing. LA, SD and Cubs all suck ass. Atlanta and Florida have quality teams with great pitching.

Pitching can always deflate a good hitting offense.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='mschutte369' date='Aug 9 2005, 10:10 AM']What team are you watching?  The Reds have one of the worst road records in the MLB.  Before going to LA and SD, the reds were still under 10 wins on the road. 

They are playing better, but I don't think the ball park has anything to do with it.  It's the quality of the team we are playing.  LA, SD and Cubs all suck ass.  Atlanta and Florida have quality teams with great pitching.

Pitching can always deflate a good hitting offense.
[right][post="127342"][/post][/right][/quote]

ohhh dude... we have won what, the last 6 or 7 games on the road...

if you haven't noticed, we're not the same team we were at the beginning of the year...

lets see.. we have the most runs scored in the NL... we also have given up more runs than any other team in the NL... nahhhh, the stadium has nothing to do w/ it :mellow:

my point is look at our last 10 games on the road... we have whooped ass... then look at our last games at home... not nearly as good...

coincidence... to you, i guess not...

w/ our lineup, we can score runs in ANY PARK in mlb... why do we need to play in a pinball machine half of our games though, when we don't need it... is my point becoming clear yet?

Hey now, I said that they've been playing better as of late, but I still believe it has to do with the quality of the opponent. I'm willing to bet that Jake Peavy would have shut down the Reds offense, but the Reds got lucky and missed him.

LA has no pitching and Chicago sucks ass.

Don't look to get 9 runs off of Prior today.

As you said the reds are leading the league in runs scored and allowed... Just a few weeks ago, the reds had only won 6 games on the road. A lot of the runs coming from there.

I'm just saying that it has nothing (well, a little) to do with the ball park. Milton just sucks ass.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='mschutte369' date='Aug 9 2005, 10:23 AM']No need to be a dick, I was just making my point.
[right][post="127354"][/post][/right][/quote]

:blink:

if you think i was acting like a dick, you must really hate me in general then... :)

i wasn't trying to, but sorry i came off that way...

i have hope for milton in the future, but not much... yeah, he sucks... can't put a fly ball pithcer in GABP...

i just think that we'd be a better team in a bigger park, b/c of our power lineup... i'm not bitching... only pointing it out, how important it is (more to us, than any other team) to have good pitching...

It just seemed by the tone of your post that you were being quite rude. Sorry!

Just to prove my point about the pitching on the road. It doesn't really matter to our pitching staff. LOL

Through 50 games on the road we have given up 278 runs, an average of 5.56 runs per game (this includes unearned runs). The offense has scored 220 runs, an average of 4.4 runs per game.

Through 62 games at home, the pitching has given up 358 runs, an average of 5.77 (this includes unearned runs). The offense has scored 349 runs, an average of 5.63 per game.

The bigger ballparks haven't really helped the pitching, but has hurt the offense as of now.

But they have played 12 less games on the road, so those numbers can change.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='mschutte369' date='Aug 9 2005, 11:23 AM']It just seemed by the tone of your post that you were being quite rude.  Sorry!

Just to prove my point about the pitching on the road.  It doesn't really matter to our pitching staff.  LOL

Through 50 games on the road we have given up 278 runs, an average of 5.56 runs per game (this includes unearned runs).  The offense has scored 220 runs, an average of 4.4 runs per game.

Through 62 games at home, the pitching has given up 358 runs, an average of 5.77 (this includes unearned runs).  The offense has scored  349 runs, an average of 5.63 per game.

The bigger ballparks haven't really helped the pitching, but has hurt the offense as of now. 

But they have played 12 less games on the road, so those numbers can change.
[right][post="127374"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i hadn't realized that we had won less than 10 games on the road before the road win streak... you got me there... but like you said, the numbers should change...

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 9 2005, 10:41 AM']i hadn't realized that we had won less than 10 games on the road before the road win streak... you got me there... but like you said, the numbers should change...
[right][post="127383"][/post][/right][/quote]

The Reds were 11-33 before thy went on their 8 game road
winning streak (19-33 now)...they are 33-29 at home.

[url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/index.jsp"]http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/index.jsp[/url]

The Reds have 7 teams in front of them for the Wild Card spot.
That`s alot of teams to have to leap frog over... :mellow:

[url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp"]http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp[/url]

Guest bengalrick

i hear ya OS... it would be a stretch to say that they can make it... but it is definately possible... all the teams in front of us are around the .500 mark for the last 10 games... we are at 6-4... not to say that that is the reason we are going to make it there, but at least none of the teams that we have to bypass are tearing it up, besides philly... look at it this way, we have chicago, milwawkee, and houston in there to pass up... we will play the brewers 10 times, the pirates 10 more times, the cubs 3 times, and houston 3 times... houston will be by far, the hardest team to pass in our division (and they currently lead the WC)... chicago is falling fast, and we will pass them soon imo... we also play philly, washington, and arizona (all teams in front of us) 3 more times... so we can make up ground by playing the teams we have to pass, instead of depending on other teams to beat us...

the biggest problem we face in the next month and a half, is playing the cardinals 6 times and the braves 3 times... besides that though, we have a relatively easy schedule from here on out...

theres a chance...

btw, you will never read a bigger homer post than what you just read...

but fuck it, i'll post it anyway :D

Archived