Ridiculous moderation

big_dish

Someone needs to reign in Lucid and tell him to keep his personal feelings, political thoughts, and feminism bullshit to himself or to the J&D Forum and out of everyday thread moderation.

Yesterday in the Greg Hardy thread I stated facts that are well known about his girlfriend, both nationally and locally in Charlotte as it pertains to her character and the situation. Basically- she is a grimy person that throws herself and sex out to famous athletes and singers. Its factual, it cannot be denied, and is an important part of her character in the Greg Hardy case. Of course Jayme comes in like a knight in shining armor and personally attacked me, calling me a misogynist- so understandably I had to put him in his rainbow and flowers filled place (yet I get warned for that also).

I get a private message from Lucid and a warning from him telling me to stop it with the misogyny. What the fuck? Your role is keep personal attacks to a minimum, not interject your overly politically correct mindset into conversation, it is not to interject your political beliefs, religious beliefs, feminist beliefs, or any such thing into conversation nor warn people when they state FACTS regarding anything that has to do with anything.

Whats next, someone posts about evolution and you give them a warning telling them to stop with the devils talk? Someone changes their signature to something that supports police and you warn them or ban them and tell them to stop because all cops deserve to be shot?

Get the fuck out of here with your warnings based on your own bullshit feelings.

If this board is going to let peoples personal beliefs moderate the conversations within the threads, this fucking site is a huge fucking joke.

What a load of absolute fucking garbage.

gobengals_zps1opm0l8z.jpg

How fitting the ad was for Huggies diapers......

Funny... and not sure why that would have been there though all jokes aside, I dont have kids and dont go to any websites that have anything to do with children... Huggies reaching out to a broad audience I guess.

Anyway- the point of my post wasnt to be a baby. The point is that no moderator should be issuing warnings based on personal feelings, beliefs, or opinions.

What if someone who hates eating healthy warns you for saying something about clean eating? Or some loony Christian warns you for mentioning Islam? The list goes on and on- no one should be moderating in this manner. No one should be able to issue warnings because they disagree with either factual information or another persons viewpoint that may counter theirs. Its ridiculous.

Stop personal attacks, fine. But I can guaran-fucking-tee you that Jayme didnt get a warning for calling me a misogynist. Guarantee it. Because Lucid is OK with that kind of personal attack- but is not OK with other content he may not agree with personally.

Jaime I am not attacking you but let's refrain from turning this thread into a pissing match.

BD: I read through the thread and I understand your point of view, but there are a couple problems.

1. No matter how much of a skank she is rumored to be or whatever, Hardy should have never laid a finger on her. If she was that much a pain he should have just ejected her from his life. I know in the heat of the moment it can be hard, but it's what has to be done.

2. This is a football thread and what this woman is and isn't is not on topic. If you want to start a thread in J&D that is a frank discussion about what domestic violence is and what people deserve and don't deserve we will welcome it as long as it done in discussion form with no personal attacks.

Jaime I am not attacking you but let's refrain from turning this thread into a pissing match.

BD: I read through the thread and I understand your point of view, but there are a couple problems.

1. No matter how much of a skank she is rumored to be or whatever, Hardy should have never laid a finger on her. If she was that much a pain he should have just ejected her from his life. I know in the heat of the moment it can be hard, but it's what has to be done.

2. This is a football thread and what this woman is and isn't is not on topic. If you want to start a thread in J&D that is a frank discussion about what domestic violence is and what people deserve and don't deserve we will welcome it as long as it done in discussion form with no personal attacks.

I'm not saying he should have laid a finger on her- I would never, under any circumstances say a woman deserved to be touched in malicious manner by a man.

That was pertinent to the conversation because people like Jayme we condemning him as if they were judge and jury- however- as the "witness" in this case- her past and her poor decision making and lying is certainly fair game to be discussed in relation to what her credibility is.

That is a fair place to bring her past up- and it doesn't need to be in J&D forum.

Fair enough TJ. You guys can deal with it, I said my piece about it and BD can say what he wants and act innocent in the notion that he thinks he was the only one made personal attacks on and pretend to be innocent, makes no difference to me. He's exposed himself numerous times on stuff like this, he can continue to show the rest of us exactly what type of person he is if he wishes, I really don't need to say anymore.

Just so we're clear on this:  If you have an issue with a moderation decision, you either address it privately with the moderator in question, or you bring it to me or Go.  You do not post a public thread bitching about it, as neither one of us is going to tolerate public abuse of our moderators who work very hard and spend a lot of time doing a thankless job.  Understood?

Firstly, What Elf said. If you have a problem with something a mod has done, take it up with either the mod in question, or appeal to a "higher authority" in Go or Elf.  FTR, anytime I moderate I make a post in the moderator forum explaining what I did and for what reason, so there is a very good chance that the other mods and Go, Elf or both are already aware. 

Nothing we do here happens in a vacuum. We are all very concerned with fairness and I am always looking for feedback from the other mods and posters. IN PM. I will not engage in a public discussion with you about actions I have taken.

Secondly, to address your grievance. The content of several of your posts violated the agreed upon rules for posting in the football forum. The nature of female sexuality and the perceptions of it w/in society are not appropriate subject matter for the football forum. In general we give some leeway to these things but when it threatens to derail a thread then we step in for the good of the discussion and the board in general. That is why I threatened to lock the thread. As far as the warning goes you made numerous personal attacks against Jamie and made several statements all of which I believe violated the first rule of the forum 

1.  Personal attacks - name calling, insulting, material that defames, abuses or threatens others, etc.

(Subsections:  if necessary to delineate the offense/reason for moderation)

a.  Verbal violence or threats
    b.  Statements that are bigoted, hateful or offensive to any person or group of persons.
    c.  Bigoted or Insensitive references to any race, sex, religion, etc.

Just because you feel that these insensitive remarks were "factual" does not make them so.

In the future if you have a problem with something I have done you need to resolve it through PM. The next time I see a thread like this I am simply going to delete it.

Archived