Q: For the sake of simplicity:  Do you think Goodell's conduct policy is enforced evenly and fairly?

A: Burfict's history yadda-yadda.

38 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

No. I don't see why you're confused at all, I am having a bit of trouble seeing why you are being naive about this however.

So is that a "no"?

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Q: For the sake of simplicity:  Do you think Goodell's conduct policy is enforced evenly and fairly?

A: Burfict's history yadda-yadda.

So is that a "no"?

I don't think the fine for this single indecent is warranted no, I already said that, I also think that pretending the league is out to get us because of National TV nonsense is exactly that...nonsense. As I said from the onset, there is going to be a year in which the Bengals actually do when a Superbowl and you and those like you who think the league is out to get us are going to have a hard time explaining how the league let that happen.

12 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't think the fine for this single indecent is warranted no, I already said that, I also think that pretending the league is out to get us because of National TV nonsense is exactly that...nonsense. As I said from the onset, there is going to be a year in which the Bengals actually do when a Superbowl and you and those like you who think the league is out to get us are going to have a hard time explaining how the league let that happen.

That's great but I'm asking about Goodell's conduct policy in total, not just this fine and not just Burfict.  Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, Ray Rice & other non-Bengals players.  Player conduct & the penalties as a whole under Goodell.

20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's great but I'm asking about Goodell's conduct policy in total, not just this fine and not just Burfict.  Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, Ray Rice & other non-Bengals players.  Player conduct & the penalties as a whole under Goodell.

I prefer Tagliabue.

On 10/20/2016 at 11:03 AM, GoBengals said:

the bennett "hit" was perfectly legal and he got nothing for it as such.

he didnt stomp on a god damn thing. and i dont see any angle that shows him stepping on anyone, i see him stepping through a pile, and as marv mentioned the patriots guy had his hand in our guys facemask smashing his face down... and burfect was attempting to end that situation...

and as others have pointed out, others have done worse and walked with no punishment. how is that rose colored glasses? its factual, others have done worse, and got nothing.

seems you have your own burfict hating agenda, you bring up perfectly legal plays as reasons he "cant control himself"... how is that an unbiased point of view exactly?

I never claimed to be unbiased.  No one is unbiased.  We all have our opinions.  

Burfict's hit was judged to be legal due to the pump fake.  I don't buy it.  Kimo's hit on Palmer was legal as well.  So were Hines Ward's blind side blocks.  Shazier's hit on Bernard was deemed legal as well.  The conspiracy theorists will claim that's because they were by Stealers.  I say they were all hits designed to injure.  Three of them are now illegal.  Burfict knew exactly what he was doing got bailed out on this one.  That is my opinion and yes it's biased.  

The only people I hear defending Burfict's actions are Marvin Lewis and Bengals fans.  Marvin is paid to defend him and many fans are so behind their team they see what they want to see.   I get it, but I'm not that kind of fan.  Love the Bengals, but I have no tolerance for that crap.  You can rationalize it all you want about how Burfict is defending his team and teammates.  I say that's BS.  What he is really doing is putting a target on his and other Bengals backs for the league and making it harder to win games.  

Archived