I think I'm about to vomit....

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Clearly the solution is to throw games and draft a few spots higher

:ninja:

You speak the truth though, other than the "bust" stuff.  We've given Margus how many seasons to learn to play football? I think we can allow Ced another offseason at least.

Margus is a bust as well, he's not helping your argument. He's a waste of roster space at this point and I truly don't know he keeps it.

Why does Ced need to learn how to play football, most first round picks have at least that part of the game down.

I'm not saying they should throw games, but pretending like beating the 0-12 Browns and the Bengals winning more games this year is helping the franchise get closer to winning the Super Bowl is laughable to me. 

They need to change leadership, mainly the coaching staff. Marvin has the worst playoff record in the history of the NFL, no coach has ever went 0-7 and been able to keep their job.

57 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Clearly the best solution is...

Win out.

Fire Marvin

Trade up

Draft Peppers

Winning out makes ownership believe that Marvin should be back because things are moving in the right direction. He can blame the mid season slump on Nugent and Ced and declare he's ready to take the team back to the playoffs in 2017.

As for the rest of your plan, I agree. Although the OT from Bama, Cam Robinson looks like a good prospect as well.

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Perhaps there might be other circumstances involved in the middle of season slump that has escaped your All-Knowing perception. 

Like, God forbid, they might actually be turning things around.

But since things which might occur outside of your bloviated will won't fit the pattern...guess it's easier to just quit and complain.

They've been turning things around for 14 years now. If Marvin had some success in the post season then maybe I could have more hope and faith in him and the current coaching staffs ability to get the job done, but they don't. 

Instead they have been completely inept for the majority of the season and conveniently "turning things around" when are all but eliminated from the playoffs isn't going to be enough to restore my confidence in Marvin's ability to get the done. Marvin finally admitted he wasn't the guy to get us over the hump. 

Every team that we have played this year that is a playoff contender has kicked our ass, hasn't been close really. You would think in year 14 of Marvin's tenure we would be one of the best teams that is able to compete with the best teams in the NFL, but sadly that is not the case. 

The Bengals remind me of college freshman that has spent the entire semester goofing off and now they are trying to get a perfect score on the final and begging the professor for extra credit so they don't fail.

Last years playoff loss should have been the final final straw.  Today's game was just another example of a team incapable of making halftime adjustments and lacking discipline.

I felt bad for the defense watching the utter shit show that was our 2nd half offense collapse.

Archived