My first Bengals game @ home

Griever

Felt like telling someone, who better than my Bengals brethren. Just bought tickets for me and the woman to the Bengals/Jags game on 10/20. Yes I may be a glutton for punishment, but I am extremely excited to see them play for the first time in Jungle. For years I've watched them at Ralph Wilson, it will be nice to be able to root for them without being sworn at lol.

We're staying at the SpringHill Suites, I guess it is only a couple miles from the stadium. Looking forward to the game, some authentic chili, maybe the zoo, the aquarium...hoping for a nice extended weekend getaway. I could probably dig up some old threads asking for the same pointers, but let me know of any can't miss spots for food/entertainment!

• 2 months later...

A personal favorite for me on game day: begin it in the Banks area between PBS and Great American Ballpark. The main road through the Banks is closed off, and it has a band playing all the way up to around 12:45pm. The pubs/restaurants all spill over onto the sidewalks. The atmosphere is quite fun. I like to eat/drink at the Holy Grail--directly across the street from GABP. Food is very good, the drink plentiful, and all relatively inexpensive. Saves you from having to buy any consumables inside PBS--where sticker shock awaits.  Great post-game place to go as well. Have a great time! 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:52 PM, Le Tigre said:

A personal favorite for me on game day: begin it in the Banks area between PBS and Great American Ballpark. The main road through the Banks is closed off, and it has a band playing all the way up to around 12:45pm. The pubs/restaurants all spill over onto the sidewalks. The atmosphere is quite fun. I like to eat/drink at the Holy Grail--directly across the street from GABP. Food is very good, the drink plentiful, and all relatively inexpensive. Saves you from having to buy any consumables inside PBS--where sticker shock awaits.  Great post-game place to go as well. Have a great time! 

Just seeing this, thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 1:52 PM, Le Tigre said:

Just for you Tigre, some amazing eats over at the Holy Grail post game

20191020_170600.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived