RIP Bobby Knight

High School Harry

Knight was a good coach but also a complete asshole, he wouldn't have been able to get away with half the shit he did in today's society He is the definition of white privilege and many of the things that he did would have gotten many other non-white men fired including but not limited to:

• Punching a police officer 
  • Say this about rape on national TV - "Knight said: "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."
  • Using a whip to discipline a black player in front of the media and refusing to apologize when asked to by the NAACP, then mocking them during the game by using a towel fake whip the same player...what a jokester..amirite??
  • Fighting with an opposing team's fan in the lobby of a hotel after a game
  • Choking a player during practice
  • Assaulting a student who dared call him by his last name

Knight was a bully who used his stature and success at IU to do whatever the hell he wanted whenever he wanted and that's what got him fired. He was a good basketball coach but a shitty person who took advantage of vulnerable student-athletes by physically and verbally abusing them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Knight was a good coach but also a complete asshole, he wouldn't have been able to get away with half the shit he did in today's society He is the definition of white privilege and many of the things that he did would have gotten many other non-white men fired including but not limited to:

• Say this about rape on national TV - "Knight said: "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."
  • Using a whip to discipline a black player in front of the media and refusing to apologize when asked to by the NAACP, then mocking them during the game by using a towel fake whip the same player...what a jokester..amirite??

Knight was a bully who used his stature and success at IU to do whatever the hell he wanted whenever he wanted and that's what got him fired. He was a good basketball coach but a shitty person who took advantage of vulnerable student-athletes by physically and verbally abusing them. 

Totally agree

I was born in Indy and lived there until I moved to Cincy when I was 11 years old so IU basketball was a big part of my childhood...Isiah Thomas, Damon Bailey, Calvin Cheaney, Alan Henderson, etc...and Bobby Knight was the leader of all of those teams....now that I'm older and a bit wiser I look back and realize what a douche bag this guy was, he was out of control and behaved in a way that was completely unnecessary. 

There are plenty of great coaches in CBK who didn't have to treat people the way he did; John Wooden, Dean Smith, and one up the road in Lafayette...Gene Keady...showing emotion is fine but Knight crossed the line and did not seem remorseful at all. 

31 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

This. Dude was a total cunt. I had nothing good to say about him when he was alive, not going to start now… 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2