OK. So I created a font

Guest BengalBacker

Guest BengalBacker

It's very similar to a font we all know and love, but doesn't seem to be available anywhere. It's not perfect, first time I've ever tried to create a font, and if it were perfect, that might be a copyright problem.

It's only letters, a hyphen, a comma and a period. Plus a special (not Steelers related) asterisk. Just add a stroke and most of it will pass for the real thing. I know Go was going to work on one, but you know how he never gets around to doing some things. :ninja: If someone is good at these things, maybe you can take mine and tweak it. I didn't bother with kerning any pairs, so when you use it you might have to adjust kerning between certain letters.

Anyone who doesn't use a MAC :254: , pm me if you want it.

:whistle:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='219862' date='Feb 18 2006, 10:29 PM']It's very similar to a font we all know and love, but doesn't seem to be available anywhere. It's not perfect, first time I've ever tried to create a font, and if it were perfect, that might be a copyright problem.

It's only letters, a hyphen, a comma and a period. Plus a special (not Steelers related) asterisk. Just add a stroke and most of it will pass for the real thing. I know Go was going to work on one, but you know how he never gets around to doing some things. :ninja: If someone is good at these things, maybe you can take mine and tweak it. I didn't bother with kerning any pairs, so when you use it you might have to adjust kerning between certain letters.

Anyone who doesn't use a MAC :254: , pm me if you want it.

:whistle: [/quote]

haha, sweetness

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='219869' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:01 PM'] -_- so uhhh.....wheres it at???call me an idiot if u want[/quote]

It's on my computer.

Idiot.

:D just kidding

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='GoBengals' post='219897' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:46 PM'][quote name='BengalBacker' post='219886' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:31 PM']
[img]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7858/myfontsamples24ao.jpg[/img][/quote]

very nice work BB.... send me dat bitch,,,

send it to info@nflrivals.com

gracias senior
[/quote]

Done. Feel free to do any tweaking you want.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='219886' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:31 PM'][img]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7858/myfontsamples24ao.jpg[/img][/quote]
Finally, someone has succeeded in finding/creating the official Bengals font. Bravo!!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='219886' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:31 PM'][img]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7858/myfontsamples24ao.jpg[/img][/quote]

Hey, thanks for sending that on, man. One question. The font I have only has the black letters like the one at the top here. How were the other ones done?
MULLY

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='219959' date='Feb 19 2006, 02:52 AM'][quote name='BengalBacker' post='219886' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:31 PM']
[img]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7858/myfontsamples24ao.jpg[/img][/quote]

Hey, thanks for sending that on, man. One question. The font I have only has the black letters like the one at the top here. How were the other ones done?
MULLY
[/quote]

Those are all the same font with different Photoshop effects applied to them. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Hope no one else expects their font to look like those without a program that let you add effects.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='219960' date='Feb 19 2006, 04:56 PM'][quote name='Fulcher_33' post='219959' date='Feb 19 2006, 02:52 AM']
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='219886' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:31 PM']

MULLY
[/quote]

Those are all the same font with different Photoshop effects applied to them. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Hope no one else expects their font to look like those without a program that let you add effects.
[/quote]

Photoshop eludes me. I have no idea how to use it. Fucked up thing is I started with Photoshop 5 and I currently have Photoshop CS. I never learned how to use it but I keep on upgrading.
MULLY

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='219961' date='Feb 19 2006, 03:02 AM'][quote name='BengalBacker' post='219960' date='Feb 19 2006, 04:56 PM']
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='219959' date='Feb 19 2006, 02:52 AM']
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='219886' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:31 PM']

MULLY
[/quote]

[/quote]

Photoshop eludes me. I have no idea how to use it. Fucked up thing is I started with Photoshop 5 and I currently have Photoshop CS. I never learned how to use it but I keep on upgrading.
MULLY
[/quote]

Effects like that are easy. Type in what you want, make it orange. Go to the layers pallette and select the layer that the type is on. Doubleclick to the right of the layer name (still in the layers pallette). That brings up a "layer style" window. Just start playing with different effects. Click on the word "stroke" (not just the check box, click on the word) and that will give you options for setting the stroke. It will default to red. Double click the red box and set it to black. Adjust the size. Same thing with the other options. Bevel and emboss is cool. Just play with different settings until you get something you like. Always save a layered version as a .psd file. That way you can go back and make changes. If you want to save it as a .jpg, you have to "flatten" the layers first. Once you've done that, you can't go back and edit your type.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='219873' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:10 PM'][quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='219869' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:01 PM']
-_- so uhhh.....wheres it at???call me an idiot if u want[/quote]

It's on my computer.

Idiot.

:D just kidding
[/quote]
haha ok sorry man i thought we couldve already posted something with the font on this board...if you want can you email it to me...my email is NBA_Champ_Pistons@yahoo.com..thanks :headbang:

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='220057' date='Feb 19 2006, 01:19 PM']haha ok sorry man i thought we couldve already posted something with the font on this board...if you want can you email it to me...my email is NBA_Champ_Pistons@yahoo.com..thanks :headbang: [/quote]

Done.

I'm gonna move this thread now.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='219965' date='Feb 19 2006, 03:16 AM']Effects like that are easy. Type in what you want, make it orange. Go to the layers pallette and select the layer that the type is on. Doubleclick to the right of the layer name (still in the layers pallette). That brings up a "layer style" window. Just start playing with different effects. Click on the word "stroke" (not just the check box, click on the word) and that will give you options for setting the stroke. It will default to red. Double click the red box and set it to black. Adjust the size. Same thing with the other options. Bevel and emboss is cool. Just play with different settings until you get something you like. Always save a layered version as a .psd file. That way you can go back and make changes. If you want to save it as a .jpg, you have to "flatten" the layers first. Once you've done that, you can't go back and edit your type.[/quote]

Awesome stuff...Including the quick PhotoShop tute.

I'd love to have that font: Email is dbeals@mobiumrpg.net

So...Would it be ok with you if I find a spot to use it in my book? I'm going to have a whole section of corporate logos, and it would be cool to stick that into a black/orange logo in a SciFi book. Kind of like a private joke.

BZ

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='TheBZ' post='220196' date='Feb 19 2006, 08:17 PM'][quote name='BengalBacker' post='219965' date='Feb 19 2006, 03:16 AM']
Effects like that are easy. Type in what you want, make it orange. Go to the layers pallette and select the layer that the type is on. Doubleclick to the right of the layer name (still in the layers pallette). That brings up a "layer style" window. Just start playing with different effects. Click on the word "stroke" (not just the check box, click on the word) and that will give you options for setting the stroke. It will default to red. Double click the red box and set it to black. Adjust the size. Same thing with the other options. Bevel and emboss is cool. Just play with different settings until you get something you like. Always save a layered version as a .psd file. That way you can go back and make changes. If you want to save it as a .jpg, you have to "flatten" the layers first. Once you've done that, you can't go back and edit your type.[/quote]

Awesome stuff...Including the quick PhotoShop tute.

I'd love to have that font: Email is dbeals@mobiumrpg.net

So...Would it be ok with you if I find a spot to use it in my book? I'm going to have a whole section of corporate logos, and it would be cool to stick that into a black/orange logo in a SciFi book. Kind of like a private joke.

BZ
[/quote]

On its way.

(disclaimer)
Use it however you want. Just don't offer me any royalties. I don't want to get in any kind of trouble just for being a Bengal fan.

B)

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='TheBZ' post='220212' date='Feb 19 2006, 09:10 PM']Cool...

I guarantee you will profit NOTHING from its use. :1hump:

BZ[/quote]

:headbang:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

Archived