Can't wait to see this Week 1

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[center][b]---->[/b] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfw_MOIj9IU&search=Reggie%20McNeal"]Can't wait to see this Week 1 [/url]

[b]Carson is the greatest QB in the league .... but now we have a versatile awesome backup who can spot him while he takes his time back and be used for trick plays.

Best pick of our Draft I believe .... [/center][/b]

I don't know, what do people think about this?

I'll admit, I'm damn amazed with his athleticism and ability to make plays, but can he really be expected to be ready to play the beginning of the season against teams like KC, Pitt, and NE? I think Anthony Wright has the experience in the league and has to be more prepared that McNeal at this stage in his career to manage the beginning of the Bengals' season.

But I'm praying he has an amazing mini camp, because I cant' wait to see this guy on the field.
:badger:

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='GoBengals' post='260425' date='Apr 30 2006, 04:53 PM']it will be amazing if this guy [s]makes the roster.[/s] Doesn't automatically become our #2 QB[/quote]

Guest BengalBacker
You guys are watching the press conferences after our picks aren't you?

Marvin and Brat talk about using him all sorts of ways.

[url="http://bengals.com/team/draft_central06.asp"]http://bengals.com/team/draft_central06.asp[/url]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='260412' date='Apr 30 2006, 04:40 PM'][center][b]---->[/b] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfw_MOIj9IU&search=Reggie%20McNeal"]Can't wait to see this Week 1 [/url]
[b]Carson is the greatest QB in the league .... but now we have a versatile awesome backup who can spot him while he takes his time back and be used for trick plays.
Best pick of our Draft I believe .... [/center][/b][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//32.gif[/img]

i think it's :wub:

Guest Johnsons4Life
Dude is a great athlete. But those highlights were of him running. Can he pass at all??? He will be a great asset to the team in other ways. Keep the defense honest and on its toes.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='GoBengals' post='260433' date='Apr 30 2006, 04:57 PM']whatever makes you feel better. the guy couldnt break 55% completion in college let alone the pros. his only asset is his feet, and its already been stated he was picked to be a WR, marvin said he wont even make the active roster as a QB.[/quote]

Funny. You bash the A&M's all time leading passer, yet yesterday, you were trying to get me to see why Frostee was such a good pick. Just stop. Stop bashing the guy. He's the best pick of our draft based on where we got him.

Forgive this Limey for not fully grasping something, so hopefully you can all help me.

Vince Young. Plays from Shotgun only. Has a cannon arm but only fairly accurate. However his elusiveness is what makes him so desireable.

Reggie McNeal. Plays from Shotgun only. Has a cannon for an arm but only fairly accurate. Is elusive and fast as you want too.

What's the difference? Why was one a potential first pick and one sixth round? I've only watched the various highlight videos of both these athletes but can't tell the difference. Have we got an absolute steal?? I really can't see why we haven't.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='VonBlade' post='260502' date='Apr 30 2006, 04:23 PM']Forgive this Limey for not fully grasping something, so hopefully you can all help me.

Vince Young. Plays from Shotgun only. Has a cannon arm but only fairly accurate. However his elusiveness is what makes him so desireable.

Reggie McNeal. Plays from Shotgun only. Has a cannon for an arm but only fairly accurate. Is elusive and fast as you want too.

What's the difference? Why was one a potential first pick and one sixth round? I've only watched the various highlight videos of both these athletes but can't tell the difference. Have we got an absolute steal?? I really can't see why we haven't.[/quote]

Not a steal but a good late round pick-up. There is a huge difference in Vince Young and McNeal although their playing styles are very similar.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='260502' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:23 PM']Forgive this Limey for not fully grasping something, so hopefully you can all help me.

What's the difference? Why was one a potential first pick and one sixth round? I've only watched the various highlight videos of both these athletes but can't tell the difference. Have we got an absolute steal?? I really can't see why we haven't.[/quote]

The truth of the matter is that Vince Young will be a bust. Our guy McNeal won't be a bust because he is a 6th round pick.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='260467' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:12 PM']Funny. You bash the A&M's all time leading passer, yet yesterday, you were trying to get me to see why Frostee was such a good pick. Just stop. Stop bashing the guy. He's the best pick of our draft based on where we got him.[/quote]

i never tried to convince you of shit, i stated i havent watched any NCAA football but i know the oaches telling me the facts of the player are a lot more realistic than baffled dreams on a message board.

Texas A&M’s Reggie McNeal, one of the most explosive college quarterbacks in the nation, [color="#ff6600"][b]is going to try and make the transition to wide receiver after the Bengals took him in the sixth round.[/b][/color]

[color="#ff0000"][b]“He can be our Randle El,” said head coach Marvin Lewis of the former Steelers wide receiver[/b] [/color]who threw a touchdown pass in the last Super Bowl.

The 6-2, 210-pound McNeal, who ran a sub 4.4-second 40-yard dash at the scouting combine, worked out for only the Dolphins and Cowboys as a wideout before the draft. [color="#009900"][b]But the Bengals liked his attitude about the switch a few weeks ago when he came in for a visit at Paul Brown Stadium.[/b] [/color]

“I’ve seen some of those cats, like Randle El and Kordell Stewart do that,” said McNeal of the multi-threat weapons. “I’m going to try and do it better.

“I feel like I’ve been blessed this far. Whichever way I fit, that’s what I’m going to have to do. I’m going to give 110 percent at whatever position I get on.”

McNeal, who last lined up as a receiver as a high school freshman, says he’ll be willing to return kicks as well as covering them, but he’s not so sure about returning punts.

[color="#ff0000"][b][u]“If he makes (the team),”[/u][/b] said offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowkski, “it will be as an athlete.” [/color]

[color="#ff0000"][/color] [color="#ff0000"]-bengals.com[/color]

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='GoBengals' post='260519' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:28 PM']i never tried to convince you of shit, i stated i havent watched any NCAA football but i know the oaches telling me the facts of the player are a lot more realistic than baffled dreams on a message board.[/quote]

Wait...? You haven't even seen the guy play, and you're bashing him? I've seen him play at least 2 times. The guy is a good ball player. He's fast as hell. Theres no reason for you to be bashing him. We picked up a guy in the 6th who was projected to go in the 3rd.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='260502' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:23 PM']Forgive this Limey for not fully grasping something, so hopefully you can all help me.

one team too ka chance on an athletic vick type QB, and one team was smart enough to make an athlete a WR isntead of trying to make a mediocre colelge QB with great athletics an nfl QB...

Guest Francisco d'Anconia
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='260429' date='Apr 30 2006, 04:56 PM']You guys are watching the press conferences after our picks aren't you?

Marvin and Brat talk about using him all sorts of ways.

[url="http://bengals.com/team/draft_central06.asp"]http://bengals.com/team/draft_central06.asp[/url][/quote]

[size=5]why cant i ever watch these videos. I click on them..and nothing happens. I tried to right click and save as..but that doesnt work either.. any ideas[/size]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' post='260553' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:41 PM'][size=5]why cant i ever watch these videos. I click on them..and nothing happens. I tried to right click and save as..but that doesnt work either.. any ideas[/size][/quote]

[b]you need to download Real Player [/b]

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' post='260553' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:41 PM'][size=5]why cant i ever watch these videos. I click on them..and nothing happens. I tried to right click and save as..but that doesnt work either.. any ideas[/size][/quote]

they are probably over stressed right now too many people watching.. i get a black screen and nothing..

Guest Francisco d'Anconia
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='260555' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:42 PM'][b]you need to download Real Player [/b][/quote]

[size=5]i have realplayer. i swear it has something to do with my browser/security settings. does that sound right?[/size]

Archived