Cardinals @ Reds

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
[color="#FF0000"][b]St.Louis Cardinals (17-8) @ Cincinnati Reds (17-8)[/b][/color]

[b]M. Mulder (2-0, 3.53 ERA) vs B. Arroyo (4-0, 2.34 ERA)[/b]

Bronson Arroyo is pitching tonight so it should be a great game! Winner of tonight gets first place in the division!

Go Redlegs

[u][b]WhoDeyForever's Prediction[/b][/u]
Cards:2
Reds:5

[quote name='Jungle_Boogie85' post='261557' date='May 1 2006, 07:17 PM']When is Griffey suppose to make his comeback???[/quote]
Who knows. Freel is doing a good job taking over for him. Let Griffey set the bench.

Homerun Aurilia. :thumbsup:

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Jungle_Boogie85' post='261557' date='May 1 2006, 07:17 PM']When is Griffey suppose to make his comeback???[/quote]

um, too soon. Probably for the road trip is what Marty said cuz Freel they said is falling apart and needs some days off.

Nice to see Charles Bronson Arroyo go for a complete game. That is what the team and bullpen needs every now and then. Now if the dude from Triple-A can get his ass up here quick....this might be an exciting year. :headbang: :thumbsup:

Side note....was the first Cardinals series the only series the Reds have lost this year??? I do believe everything else has been a win or split.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Storm' post='261627' date='May 1 2006, 09:32 PM']Not sure what was most impressive, Arroyo's 5-0 start or [b]Dunns sliding catch [/b]:D
Can't remember a better start for a Reds pitcher, maybe Jack Armstrong in 90[/quote]

he may be the only player in MLB History who would have to slide for that lol. That will be a web gem on baseball tonight because he made it look so hard lol.

Good game by everyone.

Guest oldschooler

Arroyo has been an awesome addition ! 5-0 !!!! :bowdown:

May the 1st and the Reds are 10 games above .500 and have
sole possesion of 1st place !!!!! :thumbsup:

Oh and did I mention they also have the best record in
the National League ?!!!! :headbang:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='261638' date='May 1 2006, 09:43 PM']May the 1st and the Reds are 10 games above .500 and have
sole possesion of 1st place !!!!! :thumbsup:
Oh and did I mention they also have the best record in
the National League ?!!!! :headbang:[/quote]
It is so nice to hear that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

they keep proving themselves to me... when we pitch behind arroyo, it jsut shows us all how amazing we could be with a great pitching staff.

but weve seen this before, weve been in first at the all star break just to have a losing season. so its still a waiting game to me... but im gonna enjoy it while its lasting. need to get to a game asap.

Hell of a win tonight...Bronson Arroyo for Cy Young, MVP, NLCS MVP, World Series MVP. I'm officially starting the Bronson Arroyo fan club. Anyone joining with me? This guy is a stud, I'm sick of people crying for Pena...Arroyo has just as many homers in half the at bats. I'll take 5-0 and a 2.53 ERA over Pena batting .250 and 2 homers...Oh by the way he struck out tonight with bases loaded while Arroyo was pitching the ninth. GO REDS

Impressive win by us tonight, our ace in the hole does it again, and gets his first complete game as a Redleg this season. Arroyo should have two complete games though, remember that other one earlier this year when he pitched 8 beautiful innings, but then Weathers came on in the 9th and got the save?

On another note, we not only have the best record in the NL, we might possibly have the bst record in MLB if the White Sox drop their game tonight!!! :headbang:

It's good to be in first place :D

A projected return date for injured center fielder Ken Griffey Jr. remained unknown Monday.
But there was an indication that when the Reds begin their next road trip to Colorado on Wednesday, Griffey's extended trip to the 15-day disabled list could be ending.

"His bags are packed," Reds manager Jerry Narron said.

Griffey, who hasn't played since leaving with a strained tendon in his right knee on April 12, was eligible to be activated from the DL on Friday. At the time he was originally injured, Cincinnati hoped his return status would be day-to-day.

Out on the field early Monday afternoon, Griffey took batting practice and did some throwing. He also performed some running drills under the watchful eye of head trainer Mark Mann.

"He ran a lot today and felt pretty good," Narron said. "He's just not 100 percent yet."

Guest WhoDeyForever

Awesome game by the RedLegs today espically Bronson....I defintaly think this guy can win the Cy Young if he goes the whole season like this!!! :badger:

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='CTA513' post='261711' date='May 1 2006, 11:27 PM']Dave Williams (feat. Matt Belisle)[/quote]
:lol:

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CTA513' post='261711' date='May 1 2006, 11:27 PM']Dave Williams (feat. Matt Belisle)[/quote]

thats fucking hilarious lol

Guest #22
the scariest thing about this game was that this was Arroyo's second appearance against Larussa and the Cards.

He still made them look like they'd never seen him before.

Barring Injury, he should be a Cy Young Candidate this year.

Archived