** Anyone know or related to a Toyota Dealer? **

GoBengals

Im likely going to buy one of the new 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrids. they get 40MPG and are under $30,000 the accord hybrid gets like 35mpg and starts at $30,000 given the accord is a v6 and the camry is a 4 cylinder hmm actually just saw its only 147 HP.. anyway i might just get the regular camry. but if anyone knows a toyota or honda dealer, or even a lexus dealer (the ES330 still has my eye) i would rather buy from someone i can trust rather than a guy trying to make a sale or any sale wit this shit economy...

thanks in advance..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='263064' date='May 3 2006, 11:13 PM']Im likely going to buy one of the new 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrids. they get 40MPG and are under $30,000 the accord hybrid gets like 35mpg and starts at $30,000 given the accord is a v6 and the camry is a 4 cylinder hmm actually just saw its only 147 HP.. anyway i might just get the regular camry. but if anyone knows a toyota or honda dealer, or even a lexus dealer (the ES330 still has my eye) i would rather buy from someone i can trust rather than a guy trying to make a sale or any sale wit this shit economy...

thanks in advance..[/quote]

I heard you get some $ back from the government Tax time. I found this in a article.

The IRS has decided that hybrid vehicles qualify for a one-time "Clean Fuels" tax deduction of up to $2,000. If you’re paying the top 35% rate, that’s $700 off your bill. This deduction applies to hybrids bought in 2004 and 2005; it's scheduled to disappear for 2006.

One year to late. :thumbsdown:

Hybrids are an expensive way to save gasoline. If you spend more on a hybrid car than you'd have spent otherwise, you're unlikely to ever get your money back -- even if you got rid of a gigantic, fuel-sucking SUV. Right now, a cheap compact is a better buy than an expensive hybrid.

[quote name='Kochman' post='263090' date='May 3 2006, 11:40 PM']I heard you get some $ back from the government Tax time. I found this in a article.
The IRS has decided that hybrid vehicles qualify for a one-time "Clean Fuels" tax deduction of up to $2,000. If you’re paying the top 35% rate, that’s $700 off your bill. This deduction applies to hybrids bought in 2004 and 2005; it's scheduled to disappear for 2006.

One year to late. :thumbsdown:
Hybrids are an expensive way to save gasoline. If you spend more on a hybrid car than you'd have spent otherwise, you're unlikely to ever get your money back -- even if you got rid of a gigantic, fuel-sucking SUV. Right now, a cheap compact is a better buy than an expensive hybrid.[/quote]

I've ran this through the calculator a dozen times.

If you are driving over 15,000 miles a year, and you are buying a new car in the class of the hybrids, it CAN make sense. How much sense is further determined by how many miles over 15k you put on per annum, and also the unknown cost ownership (since the big ticket repair items are still dealer-only, and little aftermarket support is currently availible).

You are NOT going to get any deals at a Toyota dealer, ESPECIALLY on a hybrid, Taco, or FJ. FYI, Toyota just wrapped up their largest month of sales in the US to date, a 5% jump over the previous high. Go in educated, know what you are going to pay, and pay it. The way we have always bought new cars from dealers is to fax EXACTLY what you want to every Toyota dealer within 100 miles (address it to the Fleet Manager). Ask them to call you back by tomorrow at 2:30 if they can help you. Someone will want the sale for themselves, and it's an easy one to get. No customer in the showroom, no pressure, just the exact car you want waiting on you at the dealer.

I think the hybrid credit was extended, also. But the question is, are you gonna fit comfortably into one? I know I couldn't, and I'm smaller than you (although I think I'm a good bit taller).

Guest BengalBacker
I still see hybrids as beta software. We're at about version 1.3 . I think I'll wait 2 or 3 years for the bugs to be worked out and the prices to come down.

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='GoBengals' post='263064' date='May 3 2006, 11:13 PM']Im likely going to buy one of the new 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrids. they get 40MPG and are under $30,000 the accord hybrid gets like 35mpg and starts at $30,000 given the accord is a v6 and the camry is a 4 cylinder hmm actually just saw its only 147 HP.. anyway i might just get the regular camry. but if anyone knows a toyota or honda dealer, or even a lexus dealer (the ES330 still has my eye) i would rather buy from someone i can trust rather than a guy trying to make a sale or any sale wit this shit economy...

thanks in advance..[/quote]
Here some thing I have be looking at but its a SUV!
[img]http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/images/vehicle/pg/esh06_006_ext_lg.jpg[/img]
[b]2006 Ford Escape Hybrid[/b] FWD 36 city/31 hwy., 4WD 33 city/29 hwy. around $28,000
I've heard very good thing about it!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='263124' date='May 4 2006, 01:28 AM']Hybrids only make sense if you're hedging against ever-increasing gasoline prices, which may very well become the norm rather than the exception soon.[/quote]

They also make sence if you live in DC and want to drive on HOV during HOV hours. At least till 07, hopefully they continue to extend it, as Im looking at getting one for this very reason.

[b]Sales grow, but hybrid vehicles are not a hot commodity in U.S.[/b]

By Dee-Ann Durbin
The Associated Press
Posted May 4 2006

DETROIT · U.S. hybrid vehicle sales more than doubled last year, according to new data to be released today, although they still only account for slightly more than 1 percent of U.S. vehicle sales.

Registrations for new hybrids rose to 199,148 in 2005, a 139 percent increase from the year before, as more models came on the market, according to R.L. Polk & Co., a Southfield, Mich.-based firm that collects and interprets automotive data. The Lexus RX400h and hybrid versions of the Toyota Highlander and Mercury Mariner were among the new models.

[b]The U.S. hybrid market has grown exponentially since 2000, when 7,781 were sold.[/b]

R.L. Polk analyst Lonnie Miller predicted last year that hybrids would make up 30 percent to 35 percent of the U.S. market by 2015.

Miller now says that forecast was aggressive.

[b]Miller said gas-electric hybrids, which combine gas engines with electric batteries, still are a technology in their infancy and aren't fully understood by mainstream consumers. Their main buyers continue to be people who want to make a feel-good statement, he said.[/b]

[b]When gas prices rise, Miller said, as many as 80 percent of buyers say they'll consider hybrids, but many bypass them because they can cost $3,000 to $4,000 more than their gas-powered counterparts. Tax credits and perks, such as allowing hybrid drivers to use high-occupancy lanes in California and Virginia, can help bring down the cost, but U.S. buyers remain very conservative on adopting new technology.[/b]

[b]Miller said the hybrid Toyota Camry, which will come out this summer, could be the vehicle that finally shows whether hybrids will join the mainstream. The gas-powered version of the Camry is a perennial U.S. best seller. [/b]

[url="http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/cutom/consumer/sfl-zhybrid04may04,0,661035.story?coll=sfla-consumer-headlines"]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/cutom...sumer-headlines[/url]

Archived