THREAD TO USE TILL THE SITE IS BACK UP AND WORKING

Guest CincyInDC
USA has one more game against Ghana...after that the top two teams in group E (US, Czech R., Italy, Ghana) advance.

I'm no soccer buff, but that game _was_ a nailbiter, and the US looked good considering we had only 9 dudes on the field.

[quote name='steggyD' post='283208' date='Jun 17 2006, 06:27 PM']As for this soccer crap... Does this mean USA gets to play more or not? Someone please explain their situation.[/quote]the us is 0-1-1
italy is 1-1-0
cze is 1-0-1
ghana is 1-0-1

every team plays three games in the first group of 4, the top two seeds advance... if the us advances it would be as the 2nd team, and they would probably play brazil :(

cze plays italy thursday at 9:55am, and we play ghana at the same time... so root for the us and italy thursday morning

Dillion catches a case of the ass onece again......

[quote]“[The media] is being unfair to me now,” he said when asked if he was treated unfairly last season. “I feel disrespected. I feel like I have accomplished zero. And that’s terrible. For a guy of my status, I’ve been doing this for a long time and to be crossed up … hey, who cares. I sleep easy. I sleep real good at night. I know who I am. I know my status and what type of player I am and what I bring to a team and as long as I know that I’m fine with it.”[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

[quote]After sifting through various highlights from Dillon’s stellar 10-year career, complete with numbers that place him among the top 20 rushers in NFL history, Felger asked Dillon if he thought people have forgotten about all the things he’d accomplished.

“I don’t know,” Dillon said with a smirk. At that point, Dillon was asked how he’d rank last year’s performance.

“Not good,” he said. “Not by my standards. It is what it is and it was what it was. I dealt with injuries the whole year, but that’s last year. I’m healthy. I’m ready.”

And thus began a 10-plus minute look into Dillon’s 2006 mindset, and it didn’t take Dr. Melfi to understand the psychological approach he’ll be taking into the season. He blamed injuries for much of his struggles in 2005, saying he was banged up "sometime in October." But he's feels healthy now and intends on proving that in 2006.

“To be honest with you this is the best that I’ve felt at this point in time in the last three years,” Dillon said. “I feel good about where I am, I’m still not close to where I want to be. I’m going to get there and hopefully by training camp I’m going to be ready to go.”[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

[url="http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=generalnewsdetail&pid=19549&pcid=41"]http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=...d=19549&pcid=41[/url]

I'm so glad we're done with this fool.

RUDI is a class act!

Guest steggyD

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='283212' date='Jun 17 2006, 06:33 PM']the us is 0-1-1
italy is 1-1-0
cze is 1-0-1
ghana is 1-0-1

every team plays three games in the first group of 4, the top two seeds advance... if the us advances it would be as the 2nd team, and they would probably play brazil :(

cze plays italy thursday at 9:55am, and we play ghana at the same time... so root for the us and italy thursday morning[/quote]
But if Italy wins, they will be 2-1-0, and Cze will be 1-1-1, but Cze beat us, so wouldn't it be Italy and Czechs in? Ahh, I don't get it, it's like hockey, so confusing.

so like i said before, i had to work at one of the booths at carson's charity corn hole classic, and guess what ? the Chosen one blessed me with his autograph on my corn hole board. damn i hate the name for that game. "corn hole". excuse the picture, i took it with my cell phone.
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/Image016.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/Image015.jpg[/img]

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='283206' date='Jun 17 2006, 11:12 PM']Whatever.
Kick the ball around a little, then fuck up and they get it. Then they kick the ball around a little, fuck up and you get it.

Every once in a while someone fucks up and they score.[/quote]

Which of course is far different to throw the ball a little, fuck up, they get it, they throw the ball a little, fuck up, you get it.

Every once in a while someone fucks up and they score.

The main difference being it's like basketball in that you can have fast breaks and less adverts :)

But meh. We can't all like the same sport or the NFL would be global, unlike football which is.
VB

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='VonBlade' post='283220' date='Jun 17 2006, 06:46 PM']But meh. We can't all like the same sport or the NFL would be global, unlike football which is.
VB[/quote]

That's because anyone can play it, even tards and you can't even tell they're tards. :D

:265:

Hey, a lot of people love it. I just don't get it, but to those of you that like it, :headbang:

[quote name='VonBlade' post='283205' date='Jun 17 2006, 05:58 PM']...a draw (tie) is a great result. USA drawing with Italy is like a High School team drawing with the Bengals. You'd appreciate the job they did.[/quote]

Not if you consider the fact that before World Cup play started, the USA was ranked 5th (tied with Spain) and Italy was (I think) 13th.

As for the offside call on the disallowed goal that would have put the US up 2-1 late in the game, I hate to say it, but it was a good call - the player was clearly "involved in the play."

...and to support the comment of another...it did look like SuperBowl XL officiating.

[quote]But if Italy wins, they will be 2-1-0, and Cze will be 1-1-1, but Cze beat us, so wouldn't it be Italy and Czechs in? Ahh, I don't get it, it's like hockey, so confusing.[/quote]

If Italy beats Cze, Cze would be 1-2-0 (W-L-T)...they lost to Ghana today.

[quote name='Cricket' post='283224' date='Jun 17 2006, 06:52 PM']...and to support the comment of another...it did look like SuperBowl XL officiating.[/quote]

I'm reminded of what one of the postgame show people said about referees.

"There are two kinds of refs- bad ones and worse ones. (and this was some of the worst we've seen)"

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]A poster with the handle flugel wondered: "who is wearing a bigger turban today? Bin Laden or Ben Ridin'?"[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]Friday said posters on Internet message boards hide behind their keyboards and write things they would never have the courage to say aloud in public.[/quote]

:boring: :boring: :boring: :boring:

[b]What a stupid ass article .... somebody needs to send fittipaldo a tape of me Jacksonville .... where I said plenty out loud in public .... (and took a popo night stick to the head for it) B)

That stupid ass argument is just used to make pussys feel better for being little bitches in person and behind a keyboard.

Oh yeah .... and if he thinks those sites are bad he needs to stop by here ... and I'll really whip him up some new doozies for his next piece .... [/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[color="#000066"][b]you have to love how in soccer you can go to the store and come back 40 minutes later and the score is still the same as when the game started ....

also what other sport can you have a tie where the same team scores both times like Italy did today ....

:crazy: [/b][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='283230' date='Jun 17 2006, 07:13 PM'][color="#000066"][b]you have to love how in soccer you can go to the store and come back 40 minutes later and the score is still the same as when the game started ....[/b][/color][/quote]
i believe baseball was the one mentioned to sneaky when he originally posed this question

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='283230' date='Jun 17 2006, 07:13 PM'][color="#000066"][b]also what other sport can you have a tie where the same team scores both times like Italy did today .... :crazy: [/b][/color][/quote]
football, basketball, hockey, etc.

?????

accidents happen

Just want to say that:

IT IS GREAT TO BE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To quote Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say 'bout that"

I used to be a "soccer hater", but after years of my kids playing and me coaching it, I think it is a GREAT game. I think by and large Americans are ignorant of the game, at least I know that was my problem. My oldest started playing about 8 years ago and I've coached for 5. I like basketball and baseball, but I will watch soccer before both of them. I have a hard time believing that baseball is more exciting to watch than soccer. There is no comparison as to how much "dead time" there is. Anyways...

At first I couldn't believe that they called the 2nd goal back but after seeing the replay I agreed with the announcer that McBride was shielding the keeper. But you have to LOVE a game where announcers and studio analysts can rip a ref like that. The NFL would fine the networks if their refs were blasted like that :lol:

The Men take down Ghana and Italy beats the Czechs and we can scrape through group play and yes, we would meet the 1st place finisher from Group F which will certainly be Brazil. Italy would have 7 points, the USA 4, the Czech Republic 3 and Ghana 3.

I'm really impressed with Argentina, I think they will win it all.

Archived