Guest bengalrick
yeah, any one got any details on this?

the 2 angry guys are the sole reasons that i don't listen to sports talk shows much anymore... a little bit of lance every once in a while, but thats it...

everytime i would turn on these bastards show, i would turn it off within a half an hour... for an avid sports fan like myself, to turn off a sports talk show talking about my favorite teams is a feat in itself for them... they SUCKED imo!!!

whose taking their place?

I listened to them this morning (well, Gamble anyways)... It didn't sound like Richard got fired to me. Gamble said he was "on vacation" and that he would be back this friday (which is the day they are moving).

he continually referred to himself as "one half of the 2 angry guys".

Guest BengalBacker
Yeah, whoever the guy is that's sitting in for Lance, just said Skinner and Gamble will both be there on Friday.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='289470' date='Jul 1 2006, 07:26 AM']i love Picoro, Lance is horrible.[/quote]

Piccoro is just way too vanilla

the worst ever is Allen Cutler, whenever I hear his voice I cringe

Guest ONYX
[quote name='mongoloido' post='289948' date='Jul 3 2006, 09:08 AM']The Fish was the best local guy ever. I still can't figure out who's wife he must have slept with to get black listed. It just doesn't make sense. He rocked.[/quote]

I agree, The Fish was funny as hell, he used to crack me up all the time.

Guest ONYX
[quote name='natethesnake' post='290485' date='Jul 5 2006, 06:44 PM']No talk of local sports talk show people would be complete without mention of Tim "Big Dog" Lewis of WBOB fame. I can't believe out of the one two punch of him and Lance in the afternoons, Lance was the one who survived.[/quote]

Yep, he was a favorite of mine also.

He would have his wife call the show to give her football picks for the weekend.

I liked him.

I think he took a job out in Colorado or something?

He and the "Fish" Paul Sturgon were my favorites.

Sturgeon was the best, going all the way back to '98 when it was Fish and Lap on the drive home. Funny as hell.

I never liked Tim Lewis. He always seemed unprepared and just winged it which usually made for some boring radio.

Lance doesn't bother me. I do think he's gotten better since the days back on WBOB.

I'd be really disappointed if they canned Skinner or Gamble. I've been listening to those guys every morning for 9 or so years. Can't imagine having to actually listen to music in the car.

Piecoro I find very boring. Cutler is grating. Greg Waddell and Moe Egger and OK for fill-in guys. I would not listen to them everyday if you paid me.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='#22' post='290491' date='Jul 5 2006, 07:27 PM']700 WLW has ZERO Talent, with the exceptions of Marty and Gary Burbank.
the other guys are jokes.[/quote]

700 is great. I love listening to all of them. There is no one on 700 that is boring.

[quote name='Storm' post='290498' date='Jul 5 2006, 08:02 PM']Piccoro is just way too vanilla

the worst ever is Allen Cutler, whenever I hear his voice I cringe[/quote]

Piccoro doesn't know shit. He's been faking his way through that show way too long. He can read headlines, that's about it.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='291952' date='Jul 10 2006, 11:55 AM']and he can agree with any and every caller who calls into his show...[/quote]

lol even when it causes him to contradict himself.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='291954' date='Jul 10 2006, 11:59 AM']lol even when it causes him to contradict himself.[/quote]

I stopped even acknowledging Piccoro's existence last fall. He was having a phone-in poll of biggest rivalries and he argued that ND vs USC football might not be one since they he wasn't sure if they even played every year. That's stupidity that you shouldn't accept from someone who is in a Sports profession. That was the straw after numerous head shakers he said previously.

And Lance sometimes makes me wish that God never gave me the gift of hearing. He talks more of TV shows than sports and he's too encouraging of goofy callers, instead of telling them they're idiots.

Tom Gamble's actually my favorite.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Storm' post='290498' date='Jul 5 2006, 08:02 PM']Piccoro is just way too vanilla

the worst ever is Allen Cutler, whenever I hear his voice I cringe[/quote]

Allen Cutler has replaced Furman as the most irritating for me. At least with Furman, you know it's just his schtick. Cutler is just unbearable.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='291988' date='Jul 10 2006, 01:50 PM']Allen Cutler has replaced Furman as the most irritating for me. At least with Furman, you know it's just his schtick. Cutler is just unbearable.[/quote]
Cutlers show after bengals games is horrible

palmers stat line: 23 for 25 315 yards 4TD's 1INT

caller: "ahhh carson palmer sucks and needs to develop his presense and stop getting intercepted"

cutler: "couldnt agree more"

Piccoro is the worse, He agrees with every caller.

Caller: "Yo.. The bengals suck! They couldnt beat my trailer park touch football team! We-dey! go stealers!!!"

Piccoro: "I cant disagree with you brother. "

next caller: "That last guy was a jackass. Bengals just beat the stealers"

[quote name='Ben' post='292000' date='Jul 10 2006, 02:18 PM']Piccoro is the worse, He agrees with every caller.

Caller: "Yo.. The bengals suck! They couldnt beat my trailer park touch football team! We-dey! go stealers!!!"

next caller: "That last guy was a jackass. Bengals just beat the stealers"
Piccoro: "I cant disagree with you brother. "[/quote]

I have noticed that too. That's part of why I don't listen to him anymore.

Archived