Religion @ HELL!!

Guest IndianaBengal

[quote name='Lawman' post='311032' date='Aug 7 2006, 06:03 PM']I hate coming into the middle of a show. -_-[/quote]

Christians shouldn't hate.... and i would appreciate an elaboration on your above comment.

the second half of my response after "agreed" wansn't aimed at anyone in particular....just the general seeker.

Some trace the Vedas to 5000 b.c.e

Some Trace the buddha to roughly 500 b.c.e

new testament to roughly 200 a.d

Old testament??? I dunno but i'm sure it's old

The buddha comes along about 500 years before christ to simplify the vedanta in Nepal and India....

Then Jeshua comes along about 500 years after the buddha to simplify again, but this time the holy man simplifies or reinterprets god contrary to the torah, and then the dumb ignorant jews cry blashpemym for whatever reason, control, fear whatever... (Jeshua of course knew this, he knew that his words would be percieved as Blasphemy, hence the Kick ass Parable Machine.....) then they made such a stink with Pilot that he had to do what he had to do......so they tortured his flesh unmercifully and hang him from the cross...

Nice going guys!!!

Fast forward to germany circa 1930-1940....hell the Jews have been persecuted through ought history. I'm guessing there is a reason for that....

from the Bhagavad Gita

Chapter 4, Verse 6.

The Supreame Personality of Godhead said:

(this time as that horny rascal Sri Krishna)

Although I am unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the Lord of all sentient beings, I still appear in every millennium in My original transcendental form.

Chapter 4, Verse 7.
[b]Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself.

Chapter 4, Verse 8.
In order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium.[/b]

The scales is out.

Scales,

I need a little help, I have not studied up on Hinduism/Buddhism -_-

But, Buddha according to Buddhist teaching attained Nirvana, exiting into annihilation. The salvation for the Buddhist is to escape into annihilation and end the cycle of reincarnations and suffering. (Samsara).

According to orthodox Buddhism, to attain Nirvana you must be a male Buddhist monk.

Buddha, himself claims to be one in a succession of Buddha’s. According to Buddhism, another Buddha is coming, [i]Maitreya[/i].

So, Buhdda aka:Siddhārtha Gautama (सिद्धार्थ गौतम), aka:Gautama Buddha , aka:Śākyamuni and finally
Tathāgata , escaped the cycle of reincarnation and is now gone, kaput and this is a good thing :unsure:

According to Buddhism if a human does not obtain nirvana or enlightenment, as it is known, the person cannot escape the cycle of death and rebirth and are inevitably be reborn into the 6 possible states beyond this our present life, these being in order from the highest to lowest; 1. Heaven 2. Human life, 3. Asura 4. Hungry Ghost 5. Animals 6. Hell :unsure:

[quote name='Lawman' post='311071' date='Aug 7 2006, 07:12 PM']Scales,

I need a little help, I have not studied up on Hinduism/Buddhism -_-

But, Buddha according to Buddhist teaching attained Nirvana, exiting into annihilation. The salvation for the Buddhist is to escape into annihilation and end the cycle of reincarnations and suffering. (Samsara).

[b]annihilation of what?[/b]

According to orthodox Buddhism, to attain Nirvana you must be a male Buddhist monk.

[b]to gain the truth one must be neither male or female...in other words you must go beyond your sex,

i think there is something similar in the bible[/b]

Buddha, himself claims to be one in a succession of Buddha’s. According to Buddhism, another Buddha is coming, [i]Maitreya[/i].

[b]they come from the system to teach the dharma appropriate to the time and place, although every human has the spark of the buddha within, however great or small the spark is there...[/b]

So, Buhdda aka:Siddh?rtha Gautama (????????? ????), aka:Gautama Buddha , aka:??kyamuni and finally
Tath?gata , escaped the cycle of reincarnation and is now gone, kaput and this is a good thing :unsure:

[b]Tathagata is a term...it means one who has gone thus. One who has become a buddha, one who has awakened.

Siddhartha Gautama of the Clan Shakyamuni....became the Buddha of 2500 years ago.

Boddhisattva= one who is on the path

Boddhichitta= an awakening mind[/b]

According to Buddhism if a human does not obtain nirvana or enlightenment,[b]within that particular lifetime[/b], the person [b] does not [/b] escape the cycle of death and rebirth [b]at that time[/b] and are inevitably be reborn into the 6 possible states beyond this our present life, these being in order from the highest to lowest; 1. Heaven 2. Human life, 3. Asura 4. Hungry Ghost 5. Animals 6. Hell

[b] If one has realized the truth it is up to them wheter to return or not, for example the compassionate Dali Lama comes back again and again to help mankind alleviate what is percieved as suffering....but let me tell ya when you come back, you are born back into ignorance for that is part of the system, you are however predisposed to gravitate back towards the path[/b][/quote]

Guest BengalBacker

This is like deja vu Scales.

You've read books, you've given it a lot of thought. You're still guessing just like everyone else.

I still hate it when you try to act like you "know" things that are unknowable.

<_<

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='311277' date='Aug 8 2006, 12:46 AM']This is like deja vu Scales.

You've read books, you've given it a lot of thought. [b]The scales has done much more than that.[/b]

You're still guessing just like everyone else.

[b]It's not guessing....[/b]

[b] and it is because of that state of mind that he will not reveal himself to you, but you can change that if you wish...[/b]

<_<[/quote]

You are not I, so how can you know that i don't know? You assume that i can't know because you don't know, and because you don't know you assume that what i know is unknowable.

You are simply not ready yet, and that is all.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='The Scales' post='311291' date='Aug 8 2006, 02:18 AM']You are not I, so how can you know that i don't know? You assume that i can't know because you don't know, and because you don't know you assume that what i know is unknowable.
You are simply not ready yet, and that is all.[/quote]

I know you think you know, but you don't know because these things are unknowable. You don't yet know that these things are unknowable. You simply aren't ready yet. Someday you'll know that the more you think you know, the less you actually know, but you wouldn't know that yet. Know what I mean? No you don't.

;)

Ahhh...religion.

Fuck Religion.

Fuck Catholics, Fuck Christians, Fuck their God, fuck em all.

"Oh..we need to have a bake-sale to raise money for the church...but come and worship in our 3 MILLION dollar church"...

Suck my fucking balls.

Really.

I was raised on that non-sense and if you start asking questions, you really get what a fucking farce all of it is.

All the hate in the world comes from Religion.

Take Christianity and Black people.

Whites used the bible to justify to themselves that using black people for slave labor was alright. But how did they do this?

Cain and Able. When Cain Killed Able (that right isin't it?) God asked "where is your brother?" to which Cain replied "Am I my brothers keeper?"

Of course, God knows what happened and as punishment for killing his brother, God "Marks dark, the skin of Cain so that all will know of his sins"

See where this is going....

Nevermind the scientific PROOF that ALL people originated in/from Africa, and guess what...they were dark skinned..or black...

I love racists..."I hate you cause your black"...Uhh..buddy...WE'RE ALL BLACK, INCLUDING YOU. Maybe you should get a history book.

And think about how Christiany came to rise....Constantine.

He prayed to God the night before a battle asking for victory, while he was doing this Constantine saw what he called a "burning cross" in the sky...he went on to win his battle, declared his victory was secured by God and the rest is history (The Edict of Milan).

Today..that "burning cross" that ignited the rise of Christianty in the east, has been shown to be nothing more than a meteor that was falling from the sky.

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='311346' date='Aug 8 2006, 05:23 AM']Ahhh...religion.

Fuck Religion.

Fuck Catholics, Fuck Christians, Fuck their God, fuck em all.

"Oh..we need to have a bake-sale to raise money for the church...but come and worship in our 3 MILLION dollar church"...

Suck my fucking balls.

Really.

I was raised on that non-sense and if you start asking questions, you really get what a fucking farce all of it is.

All the hate in the world comes from Religion.

[b]Take Christianity and Black people.

Whites used the bible to justify to themselves that using black people for slave labor was alright. But how did they do this? [/b]

Cain and Able. When Cain Killed Able (that right isin't it?) God asked "where is your brother?" to which Cain replied "Am I my brothers keeper?"

Of course, God knows what happened and as punishment for killing his brother, God "Marks dark, the skin of Cain so that all will know of his sins"

See where this is going....

Nevermind the scientific PROOF that ALL people originated in/from Africa, and guess what...they were dark skinned..or black...

I love racists..."I hate you cause your black"...Uhh..buddy...WE'RE ALL BLACK, INCLUDING YOU. Maybe you should get a history book.

And think about how Christiany came to rise....Constantine.

He prayed to God the night before a battle asking for victory, while he was doing this Constantine saw what he called a "burning cross" in the sky...he went on to win his battle, declared his victory was secured by God and the rest is history (The Edict of Milan).

Today..that "burning cross" that ignited the rise of Christianty in the east, has been shown to be nothing more than a meteor that was falling from the sky.[/quote]

It was also white northern Christians that were the primary driving force behind the Underground Railroad, and for the emancipation of the slaves.

Yes, mankind has done a [b]LOT[/b] of crap in the name of God. But don't hold that against God. Man is fallible. Always has been, and will be until God makes them perfect.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='311304' date='Aug 8 2006, 01:59 AM']I know you think you know, but you don't know because these things are unknowable. You don't yet know that these things are unknowable. You simply aren't ready yet. Someday you'll know that the more you think you know, the less you actually know, but you wouldn't know that yet. Know what I mean? No you don't.

;)[/quote]

you can get no rise from I for you either understand what i've written or you don't... i am not in control of when you will gain the ability to understand, that is only by the grace of God, and between you and he.

When you leave this world you will see that i am pretty close to the truth...

for there is a difference between wisdom and k nowledge

knowledge is information, wisdom is the ability to tell which information is true.... (hey that's pretty good "I" just made that up)

Pantajali Knew.

Rama knew.

Krishna Knew.

Jesus Knew.

Meister Eckhart Knew.

Rumi Knew.

The Buddha knew.

Henry David Thoreau knew.

Einstein Knew....

Ralph Waldo Emmerson Knew.

Nietzche didn't know.

Walt Whitman Knew.

Ovid Didn't know.

Dante Knew some....

The Scales knows

Basho Knew

Yet because bengal backers frigthened ego doesn't know, no one can know.

If you have some questions, fire away; otherwise, you can lick my balls.

"God is on Sale at very reasonable prices."

-meister eckhart
(or- What ever price you have to pay to know of god, it's worth it.)

Guest IndianaBengal
[quote name='The Scales' post='311390' date='Aug 8 2006, 08:14 AM']you can get no rise from I for you either understand what i've written or you don't... i am not in control of when you will gain the ability to understand, that is only by the grace of God, and between you and he.

When you leave this world you will see that i am pretty close to the truth...
for there is a difference between wisdom and k nowledge
knowledge is information, wisdom is the ability to tell which information is true.... (hey that's pretty good "I" just made that up)

Pantajali Knew.

Rama knew.

Krishna Knew.

Jesus Knew.

Meister Eckhart Knew.

Rumi Knew.

The Buddha knew.

Henry David Thoreau knew.

Einstein Knew....

Ralph Waldo Emmerson Knew.

Nietzche didn't know.

Walt Whitman Knew.

Ovid Didn't know.

Dante Knew some....

The Scales knows

Basho Knew
Yet because bengal backers frigthened ego doesn't know, no one can know.
If you have some questions, fire away; otherwise, you can lick my balls.
"God is on Sale at very reasonable prices."

-meister eckhart
(translation- What ever price you have to pay to know of god, it's worth it.)[/quote]
and then John Lennon knew...
and then Don Henley knew..

how bout them cookies?

[quote]if you start asking questions, you really get what a fucking farce all of it is.[/quote]

What were the questions you asked? :unsure:

[quote]All the hate in the world comes from Religion.[/quote]

I would say more like greed and envy.

[quote]Take Christianity and Black people.

Whites used the bible to justify to themselves that using black people for slave labor was alright. But how did they do this?[/quote]

A Disturbing Question Concerning Muslim SLAVERY, Brother Banda, an African

That then brings me to the question of slavery. Muslims say it is only a Christian phenomenon. Yet while the British Empire was abolishing slavery under pressure from British Christians like David Livingstone and William Wilberforce, Arab Muslims were enslaving Africans (i.e. following the promise by Allah concerning the (captives) that your right hand possesses from Sura Nisaa, 4:3). Have you not read about the islands of Zanzibar and Pembe in East Africa, during the nineteenth century? Or have you not questioned why Muslim countries have never been involved in the movement for the abolition of slavery?
Let me set the record straight. While Europeans were involved with the slave trade for a few hundred years, the existence of the traffic of African slaves had been well established one-thousand years before.

The Muslim position which places the entire blame for the invention and practice of black slavery at the door of Christian Europe, is simply not historically tenable. Both the Grecian and Roman societies were slave states, yet most of their slaves were [u]Caucasian.[/u] In fact, the word slave meant a person who was of Slavic origin. Robert Hughes, in his essay on The Fraying of America in the February 3, 1992 issue of Time magazine corrects this false impression when he says:

"The African slave trade as such, the black traffic, was an Arab invention, developed by traders with the enthusiastic collaboration of black African ones, institutionalized with the most unrelenting brutality, centuries before the white man appeared on the African continent, and continuing long after the slave market in North America was finally crushed... Nothing in the writings of the Prophet [Muhammad] forbids slavery, which is why it became such an Arab-dominated business. And the slave traffic could not have existed without the wholehearted cooperation of African tribal states, built on the supply of captives generated by their relentless wars. The image promulgated by pop-history fictions like [i]Roots[/i] - of white slavers bursting with cutlass and musket into the settled lives of peaceful African villages - is very far from the historical truth. A marketing system had been in place for centuries, and its supply was controlled by Africans. Nor did it simply vanish with Abolition. Slave markets, supplying the Arab Emirates, were still operating in Djibouti in the 1950's; and since 1960, the slave trade has flourished in Mauritania and the Sudan. There are still reports of chattel slavery in northern Nigeria, Rwanda and Niger."

The argument by some Muslims that slavery was God's way of converting Africans to Islam, is much the same argument suggested [b]by certain misguided Christians in the 19th century who said that, bringing Africans to America gave them the opportunity to hear the Gospel; an argument which holds no credibility in the Bible, and dishonours the character of God.[/b]

Unfortunately Islam still hasn't learned, as today the slavery of foreign nationals still exists in the heartland of Islam: Saudi Arabia. (UN Report on Slavery, 1994)

[quote]Of course, God knows what happened and as punishment for killing his brother, God "Marks dark, the skin of Cain so that all will know of his sins"[/quote]

10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground.

11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;

12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15 And the LORD said unto him, [u]Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.[/u] And the LORD set a [b]mark[/b] upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

[quote]See where this is going....

I love racists..."I hate you cause your black"...Uhh..buddy...WE'RE ALL BLACK, INCLUDING YOU. Maybe you should get a history book.[/quote]

God hates racism, Moses married an African and his sister Miriam said some bad things, she was stricken with leprosy for seven days.

[quote]And think about how Christiany came to rise....Constantine.[/quote]

Christianity was rising, it was not acceptable/legal until Constantine. The veracity of his faith is questioned.

[quote]Christians shouldn't hate.... and i would appreciate an elaboration on your above comment.[/quote]

Scales my response was to be taken in jest.

When you stated: [i]if one begins to study the [u]Vedanta[/u] and the [u]Upanishads[/u] and then compares that with the New Testament you might be fukin suprised.[/i]

I had no idea as to what what you were talking about (see underlined words) so I could only relate to the New Testament. So if you took the whole Bible (Old & New) starting at Genesis to Revelation, one could percieve the begginning of the New Testament as positioned in the [u]middle[/u] of the Bible.

I changed [u]don't like[/u] to [u]hate[/u] when afterthought it should of read as [u]can't stand[/u].

It placed to emphasize the emotion in the statement.

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='311664' date='Aug 8 2006, 02:24 PM']and then John Lennon knew...
and then Don Henley knew..[/quote]

of course they did, and or do, they are artists, poets, writers and philosophers for a reason...

If you'd like we can keep adding to the list....

Bob Dylan

George Lucas

The Wachowski brothers

Joseph Campbell

Henry Miller

Cezanne

Kahlil Gibran

Shakespeare

Dali Lama

The great Scholar Yogi Nagarjuna

so on so forth.........

[quote name='Lawman' post='311995' date='Aug 8 2006, 08:38 PM']Scales my response was to be taken in jest.

When you stated: [i]if one begins to study the [u]Vedanta[/u] and the [u]Upanishads[/u] and then compares that with the New Testament you might be fukin suprised.[/i]

I had no idea as to what what you were talking about (see underlined words) so I could only relate to the New Testament. So if you took the whole Bible (Old & New) starting at Genesis to Revelation, one could percieve the begginning of the New Testament as positioned in the [u]middle[/u] of the Bible.

I changed [u]don't like[/u] to [u]hate[/u] when afterthought it should of read as [u]can't stand[/u].

It placed to emphasize the emotion in the statement.[/quote]

mkay....gothcha

read or listen to the Bhagavad gita if you'd like to learn of the hindoo faith...I've heard it on audiobook about 20 times...and everytime there is something new for me to learn. My very good friend, who by the way grew up with the Bible in his hands ,sent it to his son who is serving time in Irate. His Boy is an [i]extensively[/i] trained solider for the Armie's Airborne who, was having some troubles with the things he was doing and seeing there, and my friend thought it could help him.

Like the Holy Bible, the Upanishads is comprised of many "books" and the Bhagavad Gita is the most famous of them, and fairly brief.

karamsad.com

or

free @your local library

Lawman, why is it that when someone mentions a negative aspect of "Christianity", you reply with..."But look at what MUSLIMS have done". See, I believe that Christianity in its original form is a great way to live life. I don't need to find faults (however misinterpreted they may be) in others' religions to confirm my own belief. You look to divide and I find that peculiar about you.

Unfortunately, you have led me to the conclusion that you are not the Christian you claim to be. You have portrayed yourself to be a hateful person IMO.

As Dave Chappelle stated, you have hate in yo blood....hate....hate....hate...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='311277' date='Aug 8 2006, 01:46 AM']This is like deja vu Scales.

You've read books, you've given it a lot of thought. You're still guessing just like everyone else.

<_<[/quote]

when you die, you will find out how right the scales was.... :badger:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='312493' date='Aug 9 2006, 01:20 PM']when you die, you will find out how right the scales was.... :badger:
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]

The scales is not the first or the last to say these things, he didn't stumble upon anything new. Therefore you laugh out of ignorance...but, thankfully ignor-ance [i]can[/i] be tempory.

Guest IndianaBengal
Scales, exactly, if you had to put your beliefs ion a category, what would you call them?

christianity?
reincarnation?
what? you confuse me..

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' post='312505' date='Aug 9 2006, 02:29 PM']The scales is not the first or the last to say these things, he didn't stumble upon anything new....[/quote]

How many of those people were still alive when they said those things, and therefore just guessing? I'd say all of them. You confuse finding a way to inner peace with actually knowing what happens when we die.

Big difference.

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='312513' date='Aug 9 2006, 01:35 PM']Scales, exactly, if you had to put your beliefs ion a category, what would you call them?

christianity?
reincarnation?
what? you confuse me..[/quote]

The scales was not forced into religion as a child, he never practiced a religion, and he doesn't practice now.

He studies all religions to increase knowledge.

He meditates, he concentrates, he tries to smash his ego and surrender to god...

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='Lawman' post='311977' date='Aug 8 2006, 09:27 PM']God hates racism,[/quote]

Yet he randomly picked one race as his "chosen ones" and helped this race committ mass genocide in order to give them their "promised land".

Guest bengalrick
the bengalrick continues to laugh at the scales....

i enjoy this conversation... its the only time that BB and i can agree on religion...

Archived