Astros @ Reds

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
[b][color="#993300"]Houston Astros (59-65)[/color] @ [color="#ff0000"]Cincinnati Reds (64-60)[/color][/b]

[b]A. Pettittie (11-13, 4.65 ERA) vs. B. Arroyo (10-8, 3.45 ERA)[/b]

[b]Game 1 of a 3 game set[/b]

[b]First Pitch: 7:10 ET[/b]

[b][size=7][color="#ff0000"]GO REDS!![/color][/size][/b]

While the last Reds-Stros series should have been make or break for the Stros, it wasn't simply because of the NL's terribleness. Now this one might really be make or break. The Stros have been treading the waters of sub-mediocrity for a while now, but are somehow still in it. It's like having a loved one in a coma they will never come out of--you almost want them to die so they can have peace and you can move on, but as long as the heart beats there is the slight hope they shall awaken.

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='321139' date='Aug 21 2006, 05:38 PM']While the last Reds-Stros series should have been make or break for the Stros, it wasn't simply because of the NL's terribleness. Now this one might really be make or break. The Stros have been treading the waters of sub-mediocrity for a while now, but are somehow still in it. It's like having a loved one in a coma they will never come out of--you almost want them to die so they can have peace and you can move on, but as long as the heart beats there is the slight hope they shall awaken.[/quote]
You're right about the NL....it's pretty watered down this year going by overall win/loss records.
And it looks like the Astros came to play....maybe the reds can dust off their bats to win it and you can come up with some more of those colorful nicknames for your squad....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='321144' date='Aug 21 2006, 06:44 PM']You're right about the NL....it's pretty watered down this year going by overall win/loss records.
And it looks like the Astros came to play....maybe the reds can dust off their bats to win it and you can come up with some more of those colorful nicknames for your squad....[/quote]

How about "Deader than Castros" (at least that's my theory--Raul is even now consolidating his power)

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='321153' date='Aug 21 2006, 05:52 PM']How about "Deader than Castros" (at least that's my theory--Raul is even now consolidating his power)[/quote]
That's a good one. I especially liked your "Sinking Fastros".
:badger:

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='321201' date='Aug 21 2006, 08:51 PM']Just curious...why no Hatteberg tonight? Just a night off or what?[/quote]

He isnt that good against left handers so he usually sits when they start for the other team.

Guest CincyInDC

[quote name='CTA513' post='321205' date='Aug 21 2006, 08:55 PM']He isnt that good against left handers so he usually sits when they start for the other team.[/quote]

Narron = genius B)

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='321201' date='Aug 21 2006, 08:51 PM']Just curious...why no Hatteberg tonight? Just a night off or what?[/quote]
It paid off...Richy hit a 3 run home run

Reds win 4-3!

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='321268' date='Aug 21 2006, 10:09 PM']The Reds are a much better team than the Astros this year. I hope you guys make it to the playoffs and do well.[/quote]
as do i, but im mpore or less just rooting against everyone else.

i mean i love the reds as much as the next guy but between the politics, piss poor 90s to early 2000s, and strikes ive lost some interest. im really looking forward to castellinis ownership and restoring the tradition that weve so dearly missed.

anyone else here marty say something about no blue in the uniforms next year? if so, and black is out, will we just resort to red/white/grey? whats the word?

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='321282' date='Aug 21 2006, 08:24 PM']as do i, but im mpore or less just rooting against everyone else.

i mean i love the reds as much as the next guy but between the politics, piss poor 90s to early 2000s, and strikes ive lost some interest. im really looking forward to castellinis ownership and restoring the tradition that weve so dearly missed.
anyone else here marty say something about no blue in the uniforms next year? if so, and black is out, will we just resort to red/white/grey? whats the word?[/quote]
I heard he said (in response to a fan email) that unless he was mistaken, royal blue will replace black in the unis next season instead of '08 like the fan presumed....I have no idea.....and I don't really care....I'm sure they will be cool looking....

[quote name='CTA513' post='321316' date='Aug 21 2006, 08:47 PM']Aurilia tied the game 3-3 and Clayton singled in the game winning run later that inning.[/quote]
Don't give the Clayton haters any ammo.

It was actually Valentin with a Clayton mask on, right?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='321292' date='Aug 21 2006, 10:29 PM']I heard he said (in response to a fan email) that unless he was mistaken, royal blue will replace black in the unis next season instead of '08 like the fan presumed....I have no idea.....and I don't really care....I'm sure they will be cool looking....[/quote]

I heard that also, but tonight he did say no blue next year.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='321359' date='Aug 21 2006, 10:35 PM']clayton belongs with larue...on the bench
as for his game winning hit, everybody gets a hit once in a while, he just happened to get lucky tonight[/quote]
Oh, I'm not saying that Clayton should play every day, but...he IS on our team, and we have no influence over when he plays, so....GO CLAYTON WHEN YOU RARELY PLAY!

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='321389' date='Aug 21 2006, 11:21 PM']oh dont get me wrong i root for any player on the reds, but i just hate rooting for like larue and watching him ground into double plays with bases loaded adn 1 out[/quote]
Racist!
LaRue is hitting .200....what's wrong with that?
:lmao:

Archived