Chris Henry taken off field by cart

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='345439' date='Sep 20 2006, 11:27 PM']Kenny Watson doing kickoff returns. Not Reggie. Per Local 12.[/quote]

Not at all supprised by that, Watson did them before Tab came to town so we should go back to him and not have to rely on the rookie, now I wouldnt be supprised if Reggie takes Watsons spot as the #2 returner next to Watson.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='345282' date='Sep 20 2006, 08:12 PM']Release Chatman, who hasn't played because he is injured? He brings nothing to the Bengals?

First of all, he'd have to reach an injury settlement with the team, and second of all, have you not seen Keiwan returning punts the last 2 years?[/quote]

Injury settlement=Give Chatman and newly signed Goodell football (the real reason why he was in town)

McNeal SHOULD take over the returns. PR and KR

I have gotten used to Ratlifs fair catch ritual and NOT dropping the ball.

If you are injured and dont play, you bring nothing to the team. Give me someone who can play soon!

[quote name='mongoloido' post='345318' date='Sep 20 2006, 08:54 PM']I wonder if he's over-downplaying with TJ... With blood in the water over nicked up receivers, could Marvin be feeding the stealers a little extra crap by listing TJ as questionable instead of probable or definite? Could he be using the real medical issues to hide a healthy player?[/quote]

:D

TJ could ahv played last week, so could have levi...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='345451' date='Sep 20 2006, 11:37 PM']:D

TJ could ahv played last week, so could have levi...[/quote]

I had figured this as well, figured they were giving the extra weeks rest. Concidering we were playing a really bad team and didnt need to start all the guys.

So the stealers starting two receivers have leg injuries, that could be a good thing for us, especially since KK is starting at safety.

Also I think McFadden is the nickle corner, him having a tweaked quad is a HUGE advantage for Chris Henry.

If we shut down the run like I think we will, pretty much the only player to worry about is Heath Miller, since both top receivers are hurt and struggling. I'd have Madieu just cover Miller all day long.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='345473' date='Sep 21 2006, 12:07 AM']So the stealers starting two receivers have leg injuries, that could be a good thing for us, especially since KK is starting at safety.

Also I think McFadden is the nickle corner, him having a tweaked quad is a HUGE advantage for Chris Henry.

If we shut down the run like I think we will, pretty much the only player to worry about is Heath Miller, since both top receivers are hurt and struggling. I'd have Madieu just cover Miller all day long.[/quote]

KK's strength is in the passing game. He has the ability to be the 2nd safety and a 4th corner. His weaknesses are in run support.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='cwing' post='345470' date='Sep 21 2006, 12:00 AM']Again, it MAY have been cramps and he rode the cart in to get an IV !!!!!!![/quote]

They're not allowed to embellish injuries to that extent.

He has a groin injury.

Guest oldschooler
Might as well post this here...

[quote][size=5][b]Marvin Lewis is no George Washington[/b][/size]
By Tom Archdeacon

Dayton Daily News Staff Writer

Thursday, September 21, 2006

CINCINNATI — If Marvin Lewis were George Washington, we still might not know who chopped down that cherry tree.

At least that's the way it's been this week.

Case in point:

At his Wednesday press conference, the Cincinnati coach was asked what he thought about the way his stealers' counterpart — Bill Cowher — celebrated pissburgh's playoff victory over the Bengals last January with some full-throated, spit-flying "Who Dey?.. We Dey!!!" chants for his team in their Paul Brown Stadium dressing room.

NFL Films captured the celebration and it's been replayed dozens of times. Wednesday, Cowher dismissed the whole deal as "imitation being the sincerest form of flattery."

So did Lewis agree?

"Well, actually, I didn't really get to see it ... They (pissburgh writers) asked me that, too. I heard about it ... But I don't think it's a big deal. The game is played out there between those 100 yards, and that's really what matters."

But as it turns out, Wednesday morning Lewis had shown the entire Bengals team the tape of the Cowher chant, and several players talked about it in the dressing room during their lunch break.

Called on that, Lewis — after a pause — simply offered: "They've seen it ... We do a lot of different things every morning."

Players reacted differently to the tape.

• "My first time seeing it was this morning when Coach Lewis played it for us," receiver Chad Johnson said. "I didn't like it. It was very rude."

• "They won the game. They won the right to do that," defensive end Bryan Robinson said. "It'll be a different day Sunday. Hopefully we can do 'Who Dey' in our locker room."

Earlier this week, there was another Lewis claim that turned out a little differently than originally stated.

After linebacker David Pollack was hurt Sunday, an e-mail from Pollack's wife Lindsey — saying her husband suffered a fracture of the C-6 vertebrae — was sent to a Cincinnati Web site and then circulated to the media.

Asked about the veracity of the e-mail — which is simply sound journalism — Lewis claimed it was bogus:

"I spoke with Lindsey. She did not send an e-mail. I don't know where the e-mail originated. So don't follow a rumor at all."

As it turned out the e-mail was sent by Pollack's wife, but not meant for public consumption.

Wednesday, Lewis said that: "The e-mail was not meant to be public, OK?"

He simply should have said that on Monday.[/quote]

Archived