Starting to geto our props

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it in the quick search that I did.

Check out the poll at the bottom of the page. When I voted, the Bengals were in the lead with 27% of the vote.

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl[/url]

:thumbsup:

Guest schotzee

[quote name='WD40' post='351680' date='Sep 26 2006, 08:15 PM']Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it in the quick search that I did.

Check out the poll at the bottom of the page. When I voted, the Bengals were in the lead with 27% of the vote.

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl[/url]

:thumbsup:[/quote]

12603 votes still leading at 27%

[quote name='Utts' post='351695' date='Sep 27 2006, 12:31 AM']Screw props ... give me a Super Bowl or bust.[/quote]

I agree, I just don't understand the need to be told by outside sources that we are good, I know we're good, the players and coaches know we're good. Thats all that matters in my book

some people have a complex

[quote name='Storm' post='351700' date='Sep 26 2006, 08:35 PM']I agree, I just don't understand the need to be told by outside sources that we are good, I know we're good, the players and coaches know we're good. Thats all that matters in my book
some people have a complex[/quote]

Not that I really care that much myself, but this is different than the talking heads making us their pick of the week. This is respect from fellow fans. Til now, we haven't had that yet.

Besides, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have opened this thread. It is clearly labeled in regards to the subject matter.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='351703' date='Sep 26 2006, 08:38 PM']Wouldn't be great and the wildest shit to happen...16-0 and and own the Fins record....never know.
We need this early bye to get healed for the run. ;)[/quote]

If we are let's say 13 or 14 and 0, we will sit our starters at the end of the year. And we play some good teams at the end that we probably can't beat with our backups. Although 16-0 would be cool.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='351728' date='Sep 26 2006, 09:20 PM']I almost dont want to go 16-0 because that would put so much pressure on us to win the superbowl, I think 14-2 or 15-1 would be pretty sweet though...

dont get me wrong i would take a 16-0 season, but the pressure would be enormous to win the superbowl[/quote]
it would be fun though to see this team..which I believe could do it ..just go about like its no big deal.
imagine..the laughing stock for the last decade to the team that breaks the record. :whistle:

[quote name='WD40' post='351709' date='Sep 26 2006, 08:47 PM']Besides, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have opened this thread. It is clearly labeled in regards to the subject matter.[/quote]

Not so sure that opening the thread is tantamount to caring in that way.

[quote name='Utts' post='351754' date='Sep 26 2006, 09:54 PM']Not so sure that opening the thread is tantamount to caring in that way.[/quote]

No. And it wasn't implied by me, either. All I was saying is that he is acting like anyone who even mentions anything about polls or rankings "has a complex." Well, what does that say about someone who deliberately posts on this and any other thread the same tired line of "I couldn't care less about... fill in the blank"? If you didn't care, you wouldn't take the time to open the thread, let alone post.

[quote name='WD40' post='351709' date='Sep 26 2006, 08:47 PM']Not that I really care that much myself, but this is different than the talking heads making us their pick of the week. This is respect from fellow fans. Til now, we haven't had that yet.

Besides, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have opened this thread. It is clearly labeled in regards to the subject matter.[/quote]

Personally, just judging from my experience on various forums, I think we've had respect from fellow fans (excluding AFC North fans, obviously) longer than we've had respect from the talking heads.

Just look at this poll for an example... they're saying we are the best 3-0 team in the NFL. Few talking heads have given us that much respect.

[quote name='Storm' post='351700' date='Sep 26 2006, 08:35 PM']I agree, I just don't understand the need to be told by outside sources that we are good, I know we're good, the players and coaches know we're good. Thats all that matters in my book
some people have a complex[/quote]

yes, we all have a "complex" because we are tired of being dogged week in and week out after winning the division and being a damn good football team. i mean hell how screwed up are we, who WOULDNT want the media, news, rest of the league and fans, everyone we talk to, do laugh at the team we support for no reason other than lack of intellegence of football and what the bengals have. what losers we must be wanting to read something other than "please bengals, dont embarrass us" by our own local papers on a huge MNF gameday. i agree some of us have a "complex" but its hardly the ones who enjoy reading positive things about something they enjoy. you son of a bitch. :wave: :wave:

[quote name='Utts' post='351812' date='Sep 26 2006, 10:27 PM']Son of bitch. Shit![/quote]

What? No fans of the movie Stripes here? I guess it's kind of old...

[when Russell is teaching English class]

Russell Ziskey: Okay, I know you're anxious to jump right in and start speaking English, but there's a couple of things I need to know first, because I've never done this before. So, how many of you would say you speak English fairly well, but with some difficulties?

[pause]

Russell Ziskey: A little English?

[a man raises his hand]

Russell Ziskey: Yes? You speak some English?

Man learning English: Son of bitch. Shit.

Class: [in unison] Son of bitch. Shit.

[quote name='Utts' post='351937' date='Sep 27 2006, 12:34 AM']What? No fans of the movie Stripes here? I guess it's kind of old...[/quote]

I knew what you were doing, that movie is a Classic! Bill Murray is a comedy genius

...and props or not props, that being the question...we're up to 28% now...

[quote name='Utts' post='351812' date='Sep 27 2006, 03:27 AM']Son of bitch. Shit![/quote]
Son of bitch! Shit!

(one of my fav movies of all time. i'd have had your back sooner if it hadn't been the middle of the night over here...)

Personally, the props from the media are simply icing on the cake. And who doesn't like icing on their cake?

Exactly.

Archived