It's official, we're in trouble !!!!

Call them reasons, call them excuses, call them what you want--------------the core of this football team is injuried and it appears they may be for some time. With each and every injury, the team is weakened. You can agrue that they are all NFL players but starters are starters for a reason. Sometimes a reserve will enter and become better than the starter he replaced, this happens maybe one out of ten times.

Marvin will tell you they have to work through it. He will not give reasons or make excuses. He cannot, he is THE COACH. His job is to coach and win. The players jobs are to perform regardless of starter or not......... Marvin and staff will give their all. The players will give their all. However---------the playbook is now limited. The strenghts are now gone. Defensive and offensive packages are now being put into place to hide weakness instead of exposing an opponnets weakness.

You can argue they were out-coached, out played, whatever you want. Your argument may even be valid. However, coaches do not forget how to coach, they coach in an attempt to give their team the best chance to win. These coaches were not outcoached last season-----did they forget how to coach this season? No, sometimes they coach to protect a weakness, sometimes to exploit one----------you be the judge as I am not attempting to change your mind.

We are in trouble. You can handle injuries in the NFL. Some are worse than others. Losing C Henry, K Washington, even Tj or Chad can be overcome. Yes they are key players but-----when the QB is on the ground and there are no running lanes---those players don't matter. You cannot continue to have the amount of injures to your core personnel and win. Games are won and lost in the offensive line a front season on defense. Through in the SS as he is responsible for the center of the defense.

You wonder why we don't throw deep and you blame the coaches, the game plan, the wide outs, the suspensions. Teh blame is on the OL. Willie, Levi, Braham have all missed time. We've played Steinbach at C, LG, LT. Wentworth a rookie at LG, LT. Guycheck at C. Switching/rotating and on and on. Guys need to play together---they are not. This is killing the offense---especially our running game and QB. It ALL starts with them.

Defense. 3 starting Lbers out and starting safety out. Their primary purpose---stop the run. Starting today---rookie missed all of the mini camps with very limited experience in Brooks. Guy lucky he made the team in Miller. Yes Brooks will be a stud---today is not that day. Miller's future???? We are finding out now.

I am not jumping ship--------I never will !!! Just being a realist !!! We are in trouble !!!

Hope we can overcome, adjust----but we need bodies back. Not the C Henry's and C Perry's, although their return will help and is welcome.

We need Levi or a greatly improved Whitworth, Kooster, Steinbach or whomever winds up the LT. We need Steinbach performing at his previous level whether it be at LG, LT or C. We need Braham back performing or Guycheck, Steinbach or whomever becomes our C needs to perform. We need Bobby and Willie to perform as they have in the past. This and only this will make the coaches not get outcoached. This and only this will allow Carson to become what we all know he is. This and only will give Carson the time to air it out to the playmakers. This and only this will bring back the running game.

We need a healthy Jackson back or KK, Indiana Jones or whomever is the starting S to perform to Jacksons level. We need Lbers to play and play well.

Until these things occur---------it is not looking good.

Guest Coy Bacon
The Pats exposed them and the Bucs provided some confirmation. The Bengals are indeed in trouble. It's already time to see one way or the other who needs to be around here next year and who doesn't. It's time to grow up.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='365097' date='Oct 15 2006, 10:48 PM'][img]http://common.swankmp.com/movie_titles/images/0021553.jpg[/img][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Hooky' post='365397' date='Oct 16 2006, 01:20 PM']I'm working on picking my new favorite team as we speak. It's down to the Raiders or the Packers.[/quote]

lol. i've always loved seeing people do that. i know a lot of yankee fans who have done that because the jets didn't look like they'd be good this year... do you love the sport, a team, a player, or are you just in it for a winner? that's why people hate yankee fans. it's not because they love the yankees. it's because they don't love the yankees.

Guest Bengals1181
We're far from in trouble. The defense needs to be better even though they played well Sunday, adn the offense needs to be more consistent.

However, I'm more than confident about this teams chances once Chris Perry and Chris Henry are back on the field.

I think we are in trouble unless people start to pick it up. Yes, every team has injuries, etc. We happen to have lost a huge part of our team. But other teams WANT to win more than we do, thats obvious enough. Our team can pull itself out of this, and probably somewhat easily. Its time to buckle down and show some heart. I hate to use thier team as an excample, but look at the regular season stealers of last year (before they started cheapshotting and buying off refs)- they decided that they had to fight to win, and knock other teams out. And, during the regular season, they won legally. We gopt robbed bythe refs in the Tampa game, but at the same time, we shouldnt have been in a predicament like that either.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='365410' date='Oct 16 2006, 01:45 PM']We're far from in trouble. The defense needs to be better even though they played well Sunday, adn the offense needs to be more consistent.

However, I'm more than confident about this teams chances once Chris Perry and Chris Henry are back on the field.[/quote]

Chris Henry and Chris Perry do not play O-line. For things to turn around. Whitworth and Guycheck must grown up NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All our offensive woes will go away with improved O-line chemistry and performance. Until that happens. Carson, Rudi and the rest will struggle.

Archived