Pollack visits Children's Hospital

[quote]Pollack visits Children's Hospital
BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

With a new perspective, Bengals linebacker David Pollack visited patients at Children’s Hospital this morning.

Wearing a protective halo to keep his broken C6 vertebrae in place, Pollack spent more than two hours at the hospital carrying his high energy personality into the physical rehab and cancer units.

“The reason I’m here today is just, you always come to the hospital when you’re healthy. It’s easy to do,” Pollack said. “Now I think they can relate to me more when they see this big metal apparatus.”

The appearance was Pollack’s first in public since his injury in the Sept. 17 game against Cleveland. Pollack is out for the season and expects to learn in another month whether he can resume his football career.

Pollack also is announcing a new program of his charitable foundation. Empower 99, which takes its name from Pollack’s jersey number, will offer membership for $9.99, which will include an autographed photo and invitations to participate with Pollack in community service projects.

Go to www.davidpollack.com for more information

E-mail mcurnutte@enquirer.com[/quote]
[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061020/SPT02/310200025"]Enquirer Article[/url]

Guest Claptonrocks
Pollack is a good kid... Im hoping he's back with the team next season.
Aside from his playing abilities, his entusiasm for football and life is contagious.....

What does that thing he has on look like? Is it one of thing things that rests on the shoulders and completely surrounds the head with pins sticking into his forehead to hold him straight?

There has never been a question about Pollacks character, just to bad these kind of Bengal stories don't make the headline news on ESPN, unlike some others.

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='368255' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:02 PM']What does that thing he has on look like? Is it one of thing things that rests on the shoulders and completely surrounds the head with pins sticking into his forehead to hold him straight?

There has never been a question about Pollacks character, just to bad these kind of Bengal stories don't make the headline news on ESPN, unlike some others.[/quote]

The others sell newspapers. Its a cynical world we live in.

Guest happyrid
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='368239' date='Oct 20 2006, 02:32 PM']I think the 9.99 is probabally more for the autographed photo but it all just fits under the same umbrella.[/quote]

I can just about guarantee that the 9.99 goes to charity, not into Pollack's pocket. He's trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

I give him a lot of credit. If it was me, I would probably mope around, stay out of the public view and develop a drug habit.

[quote name='happyrid' post='368264' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:13 PM']I can just about guarantee that the 9.99 goes to charity, not into Pollack's pocket. He's trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

I give him a lot of credit. If it was me, I would probably mope around, stay out of the public view and develop a drug habit.[/quote]

Oh I agree but I meant that the 9.99 is probabally for the autographed pic, not so much about being a member, but that it all falls under that same umbrella.

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='368255' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:02 PM']What does that thing he has on look like? Is it one of thing things that rests on the shoulders and completely surrounds the head with pins sticking into his forehead to hold him straight?

There has never been a question about Pollacks character, just to bad these kind of Bengal stories don't make the headline news on ESPN, unlike some others.[/quote]

Dont quote me on this, but I believe they look like this (I could call and ask my dad but Im being lazy) ...

[img]http://www.spineuniverse.com/displaygraphic.php/255/ag_030400danek_halo80-BB.jpg[/img]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='368301' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:54 PM'][b]How in the world does David sleep with that thing on?..It's gotta be brutal...[/b][/quote]
He was quoted a couple weeks ago about sleeping on his back for only a few hours at a time. Also said that he gave up on trying to kiss his wife, since he kept smacking her in the forehead with metal.

That thing has gotta suck big time, and it must take all of your willpower to not rip it off at times.

[quote name='esjbh2' post='368309' date='Oct 20 2006, 04:02 PM']He was quoted a couple weeks ago about sleeping on his back for only a few hours at a time. Also said that he gave up on trying to kiss his wife, since he kept smacking her in the forehead with metal.

That thing has gotta suck big time, and it must take all of your willpower to not rip it off at times.[/quote]
[b]agreed.....[/b]

Archived