Ravens interested in Randy Moss

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[color="green"][b]
This would really suck for the Bengals :huh: [/b][/color]

[u]Ravens interested in Randy Moss
ESPN.com
[/u]

A Vikings source has told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that there's a 60-40 chance the team will deal the controversial receiver in the offseason if it can find suitors willing to pay a handsome price.

Moss is not on the market yet in part because Vikings owner Red McCombs is hoping to sell the team by Super Bowl XXXIX, Mortensen reported.

Which teams might be willing to up the ante for Moss?

The Ravens are a possibility. Baltimore made an aborted play for Terrell Owens last offseason and coach Brian Billick used Moss' sensational season in 1998 when he caught 17 touchdown passes to propel himself to the Ravens job.

Moss didn't endear himself to his teammates in the final game of the season when he skulked off the field with 2 seconds left in a loss at Washington.

The following week in Minnesota's wild-card playoff victory at Green Bay, Moss pretended to pull down his pants and moon the crowd after scoring on a 34-yard touchdown pass from Daunte Culpepper in the fourth quarter.

Moss was fined $10,000 by the league for the gesture, but didn't show any remorse.

"Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand, to me?" said Moss, whose salary this season is $5.75 million. He then jokingly suggested he might perform a more vulgar celebration next time.

Moss, whose 9,142 career yards receiving are the most ever by any player over his first seven seasons, has drawn more than his share of punishments and negative publicity.

The league fined him $5,000 for his role in a scuffle with the Chicago Bears during a September game, and he was charged the same amount in November 2003 for spiking a ball at the foot of Detroit Lions cornerback Dre' Bly.

In December 2002, he was fined $1,200 by a judge after being charged with bumping a traffic control officer with his car in downtown Minneapolis.

For verbally abusing corporate sponsors on the team bus following a loss in November 2001, Moss was fined $15,000 by the Vikings and required to receive anger management counseling.

Thats crazy that you post this today. I was just playing a throw-back football game, NFL 2k2 on which Moss is on the cover. When I picked it up, I thought you know it would suck if he got traded to the Ravens, I even mentioned it to a friend who was there. Wait til he hears this.

I think this is a bad omen, at least it is for me. I would hope he ends up anywhere, before Baltimore. The only positive thing would be that at least he has Boller throwing him the ball.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jan 23 2005, 11:32 PM'][b]I don't know if Moss has killed enough people for the Ravens .....  :blink:
That cop bitch he hit with his car got away  :D [/b]
[right][post="38507"][/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

hmmm. i wonder what thier cap looks like, ray lewis goes from like 975k in '03 to over 5 mil next season, made 4 last season, i wonder if any other "cap friendly" contracts are about to hit the not so friendly stages like ray lewis.... and he is signed though '08.. damn thats 12 years with the ravens..

anyway back to topic..

i think moss will 100000% be gone, his deal jumps to over $7 mil just for salary next year and $8 mil in '06... they could get a few first rounders for him in a trade, and get a few high WR picks and still save nearly 5 mil in cap room. hell ,replace one player with two and still save 5 mil.

he will certainly be gone look at these payouts:

2005 7,250,000.00
2006 8,250,000.00
2007 9,750,000.00
2008 11,250,000.00

up from 5.7 in '04....

they will certainly deal him for some draft picks..

im thinking a dallas, miami, or cleveland as well, all of which mean nothing to us...

Archived