So You Want to Fire Chuck??

[quote name='schotzee' post='385121' date='Nov 12 2006, 08:14 PM']We had a 21-0 lead though Stray [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img][/quote]

I know but your sig... :blink:
at least on positive thing here. ;)

back to the game :rant: @##$%^^$#@*(*&^%@U(*&^%$#$% :rant: :rant: :rant:

:ninja:

back to the game...fuck #$&**#$#%^)_)*(*^%#&(**(^&*% :rant:

[b]Jeff Fitzgerald[/b] - Ravens linebacker coach. Coached in Idaho State (Marvin went to college there and began coaching career there) College coach at University of Cincy. Head of one of the most dominating linebacker cores in the NFL.

[b]Bab Babich[/b] - Bears asst. head coach/linebackers coach. We all know how good the Bears linebackers are. Defensive coach at University of pissburgh like Marvin.

[b]Mike Singletary[/b] - 49ers asst. head coach/linebackers coach. Why not?

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='385116' date='Nov 12 2006, 08:10 PM']Iwas going to rant till I got down to this sig... :wub:
uh ok anyway...Chuck is not to blame totally. Tory's lack of tackling. odell being a dumbass. Pollack getting hurt. What more can we do with what hand we got dealt. :rant:[/quote]

I'd put more stock in this argument if the defense played like ass all the time, in every game. However, that's just not the case. The defense looked good in the first half, then stunk up the joint when the Chargers were able to make adjustments and we were not. I don't believe players go from aces to asses at the flip of the switch. I think coordinators adjust, and Chuck can't figure out how to counter.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='385396' date='Nov 13 2006, 12:05 AM']Unfortunately, it seems to be more of a player quality issue than it is a coaching issue.[/quote]

2 years ago with Frazier, the players were even worse. Leslie still got fired. Now we have players that Bres has coached up and are supposedly his type of players, and we just generally have better overall talent on defense. I like the guy, but if he doesn't pick it the fuck up....he needs to go.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='385388' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:51 PM']I'd put more stock in this argument if the defense played like ass all the time, in every game. However, that's just not the case. The defense looked good in the first half, then stunk up the joint when the Chargers were able to make adjustments and we were not. I don't believe players go from aces to asses at the flip of the switch. I think coordinators adjust, and Chuck can't figure out how to counter.[/quote]

I agree withthis. Chuck flat out cannot make adjustments. Period. He sucks. Yes, it hurts with injuries, etc, but no defense in the NFL can possibly be that bad. No way. 42 fucking points. Yeah, we need alot of playmakers before this D is good, and our entire Dline is shit, but Chuck shoulders quite a bit of the blame.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='385388' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:51 PM']I'd put more stock in this argument if the defense played like ass all the time, in every game. However, that's just not the case. The defense looked good in the first half, then stunk up the joint when the Chargers were able to make adjustments and we were not. I don't believe players go from aces to asses at the flip of the switch. I think coordinators adjust, and Chuck can't figure out how to counter.[/quote]

I agree with this as well. They made adjustments and came out smoking in the second half and never looked back. Bresnahan on the other hand was last seen looking daised and confused on the sidelines, then disappeared.

I heard on WLW this morning that they had found Bresnahan late last night and had to rush him to the hospital to try to dislodge his head from his ass. The update at 11:00am was that his head was still firmly lodge up his ass and that his testicals have mysteriously vanished as well.

I'm sure Marvin will have an update during the 3:00 press conference. <_<

Defensive Rankings in the Marvin Era:

[code]Defense 2003 2004 2005 2006
Total 28 19 28 28
Scoring 28 21 22 25
Pass 24 13 25 28
Rush 24 26 19 23[/code]

Take it for what it is worth, but this Defense not getting better under Bresnahan with what appears to be more talent, even with injuries. I know there are a ton of factors that go into the rankings like injuries, strength of opponents, bad calls/officiating, Offensive turnovers, and the Offenses ability to sustain drives and put up points. But we are in our fourth year of excuses and being in the bottom third of the league if not bottom quartile. Every year, I think this is the year as far as having a legimate NFL defense. Personally, I'm tired of excuses when I look at the entire body of work.

It is easy to find excuses, that is what losers do. Winners find a solution.

Guest schotzee

Way to put it into words mongo.Exactly my line of thinking on this one.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385714' date='Nov 13 2006, 02:34 PM']At this point Im not sure I even want to fire Chuck, I do however want to take a look at some of the position coaches.[/quote]
get rid of everyone but coyle!

including strength and conditioning :ninja:

4 years, 2 DC's, many new players....

The only common thread is that Marvin's been the HEAD Coach. When do we stop giving him a free pass and hold him accountable?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='385740' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:00 PM']How can anyone defend Chuck?[/quote]
he doesnt have any of his starting LBs? I hated it when we hired Bres, but ya know this was supposed to be the year our D stepped up and we never got to see it cuz our LBs went down immediately.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='385734' date='Nov 13 2006, 02:55 PM']Perhaps we should hire the Rock's son, Pebble. I heard he is a real badass.......
:ninja:[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='PakMan' post='385745' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:03 PM']4 years, 2 DC's, many new players....

The only common thread is that Marvin's been the HEAD Coach. When do we stop giving him a free pass and hold him accountable?[/quote]

:0stfu:

Guest schotzee
[quote name='PakMan' post='385745' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:03 PM']4 years, 2 DC's, many new players....

The only common thread is that Marvin's been the HEAD Coach. When do we stop giving him a free pass and hold him accountable?[/quote]

When he starts calling the D maybe.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385747' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:05 PM']:lol:
:0stfu:[/quote]
So he doesn't share in any of the blame for the defense not improving at all in 4 years?

[quote name='PakMan' post='385788' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:33 PM']So he doesn't share in any of the blame for the defense not improving at all in 4 years?[/quote]

What's he supposed to do? Go out there and play linebacker again? He hasnt only had to focus on one side of the ball in 4 years you realize?

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385791' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:37 PM']What's he supposed to do? Go out there and play linebacker again? He hasnt only had to focus on one side of the ball in 4 years you realize?[/quote]

Maybe we need a GM and a normal scouting staff, that way we can draft some quality players instead of backups?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='385794' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:40 PM']Maybe we need a GM and a normal scouting staff, that way we can draft some quality players instead of backups?[/quote]

The scouting department has grown here with marvin's help. Im not opposed to a GM, but that isnt going to happen so long as Mike Brown is in charge.

Guest starkesn
Fire Chuck, draft Lamar Woodley, and bring Michigan's D-Coordinator with him. The Bears tried desperatly to get this guy a while back and couldn't. He is the type of aggressive coach we need on defense.

Archived