So You Want to Fire Chuck??

As you can see, Bresh has reall shitted the bed as a defensive coordinator. And this loss to the Chargers (even when we were leading 28-7 at the half :rant: ) has pretty much cemented that he won't be here after this year.

Think about this logically. Who would you want to get as our new defensive coordinator? And don't even say Marvin.

Who out there is available that can distill an attitude in this defense that nothing is going to be easy against this defense? Players have done all that they can do. We have a fast defense, our D-line is holding up for the most part, and we are not getting any pressure or stepping up to make those stops.

I have all the faith in the world that the defensive players are doing all that they can to do their jobs, but the coaching staff has left much to be desired, and it's time for a change, preferable a go-for-broke type of defense, like the Eagles. Fuck all the rushing 4 linemen all the time and the straight rushing, throw som al out blitzes, some overloads, some stunts. Hell why not some zone blitzes why you're at it???

Also, I would like to see some reasoning as to why you would want this person to be our D-coordinator, given the so-called talent on our defense.

Let it rip.

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='384840' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:20 PM']As you can see, Bresh has reall shitted the bed as a defensive coordinator. And this loss to the Chargers (even when we were leading 28-7 at the half :rant: ) has pretty much cemented that he won't be here after this year.

Think about this logically. Who would you want to get as our new defensive coordinator? And don't even say Marvin.

Who out there is available that can distill an attitude in this defense that nothing is going to be easy against this defense? Players have done all that they can do. We have a fast defense, our D-line is holding up for the most part, and we are not getting any pressure or stepping up to make those stops.

I have all the faith in the world that the defensive players are doing all that they can to do their jobs, but the coaching staff has left much to be desired, and it's time for a change, preferable a go-for-broke type of defense, like the Eagles. Fuck all the rushing 4 linemen all the time and the straight rushing, throw som al out blitzes, some overloads, some stunts. Hell why not some zone blitzes why you're at it???

Also, I would like to see some reasoning as to why you would want this person to be our D-coordinator, given the so-called talent on our defense.
Let it rip.[/quote]
Trouble is Marvin is as anti-blitz as Chuck, and any replacement would more than likely follow the same philosophy. Maybe he should get a guy who is as established and set in their defensive ways as himself but not worry about about the philosophy so much and just let the D coach get on with the job.

It really can't get much worse... it really can't. I'm sure you could plug anyone in and things would be about the same. Fire him and let Marvin handle it for the rest of the year. Shit, just don't even field a defense.

[quote name='Bgal' post='384861' date='Nov 12 2006, 04:28 PM']It really can't get much worse... it really can't. I'm sure you could plug anyone in and things would be about the same. Fire him and let Marvin handle it for the rest of the year. Shit, just don't even field a defense.[/quote]+1 let the rest play pitch and catch... :D

Guest mongoloido
Seriously though... I'd first look to steal someone from the Bears, Ravens, or possibly even the Chargers. They've just had really good defenses. After that, I'd look to totally swoop in on some of the defensive coaches that that might find themselves looking for work after their head coaches leave. Miami, Dallas, and pissburgh might fit that bill.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='384851' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:25 PM']You want our QB coach to replace our D coordinator?

that was a joke right?[/quote]

Yes. He just seemed to be this year's catchall. Last year, I'd have suggested we convert a linebacker to safety, then to coordinator.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='384872' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:33 PM']Seriously though... I'd first look to steal someone from the Bears, Ravens, or possibly even the Chargers. They've just had really good defenses. After that, I'd look to totally swoop in on some of the defensive coaches that that might find themselves looking for work after their head coaches leave. Miami, Dallas, and pissburgh might fit that bill.[/quote]

LeBlow back on our sidelines?

He's done a good job in Pitt.... I don't know whether that makes me want to [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] or :badger:

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' post='384864' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:31 PM']I want a hardass. No more fat donut globbering washed up nitwits like Chucky. I want someone with a fire under his ass that's out to prove something.

[img]http://www.thegreyeagle.com/calendar/Chuck%20Norris.jpg[/img]

Norris for D-coordinator '07![/quote]

Yes, if Chuck was D Coordinator, the offense would refuse to take the field. He'd also make all defensive players grow Norris beards. Man, that sure would be sweet. But seriously, Chuck is just horrible. A bit of foreshadowing possibly near the end of the game. CBS had a shot of Marvin standing next to Chuck and after another HORRIBLE play by the D Marvin dropping his head, shaking it and turning his back on Chuck and walking away.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='384876' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:34 PM']Yes. He just seemed to be this year's catchall. Last year, I'd have suggested we convert a linebacker to safety, then to coordinator.[/quote]

Can someone get all the defensive snaps from the Chargers game and put a laugh track to it? Is this possible? I know we have a lot of guys on here who are pretty savvy and may be able to pull this off.

Our defense is beyond maddening and I'm not sure what else to do but laugh at them.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' post='384879' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:35 PM']LeBlow back on our sidelines?

He's done a good job in Pitt.... I don't know whether that makes me want to [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] or :badger:[/quote]

Probably not him, but perhaps one of his proteges. I'm not familiar with his staff, but I too want someone young, firey, and eager to punch opponents in the mouth. I don't want someone who doles out the company line, manages, or plays chess. Kick ass, and take names.

[quote name='staticx682000' post='384863' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:30 PM']+1 let the rest play pitch and catch... :D[/quote]

I'm sure we'd only have maybe 1 or 2 penalties against the defense if we just didn't field one. There's a plus. I'm sure the QB would get a little cocky after a while and overthrow a WR now and then. Plus, it wouldnt take as long for the opposing team to score.... oh wait, it would probably still take just as long... maybe longer!

And imagine the money we could save and pour into the offense.... oh yeah, i guess the offense already has all the money.. Hmm, oh well.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='384854' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:27 PM']Trouble is Marvin is as anti-blitz as Chuck, and any replacement would more than likely follow the same philosophy. Maybe he should get a guy who is as established and set in their defensive ways as himself but not worry about about the philosophy so much and just let the D coach get on with the job.[/quote]

I don't care how anti-blitz a coach is, at some point, you have to send more than just 4 linemen. The way our defense is built, you would think that Marvin is afraid to blitz. We have a fast group of linebackers, and a bunch of cornerbacks (Tory included) that's strengths are to play man-to-man press coverage, not to sit back and try to read a play. Our LB's are liabilities in coverage, but there are getting better in stopping the run. Why not utilize the speed that players like Caleb, Landon, Rashad, and Ahmad have and send them after the offense??? They seem to play better up at the line than in coverage.

Whynot blitz more, afraid to give up a score? So what. A TD given up is a TD given up, whether it's a WR making a long catch because a blitz didn't hit home, or when a FB pounds it in from 3 yards out after having a 15-play drive. It's still 7 points.

My philosophy on defense is to force the offense to make a mistake, and that means you have to put pressure on that offense, whether it's by a four man rush, or an all-out blitz. You don't sit back and let the offense walk all over you and hope that they misread a coverage, you [b] FORCE [/b] them to make a mistake.

We need to get a guy like Donnie Henderson. Even thought that Marinarelli guy up in Detroit wants to establish a Tampa-Two style of defense, Henderson still has the balls to call a blitz when extra pressure is needed.

I really don't care if personallities clash, I want someone that is willing to do what is need to make those stops and really give us a chance to win games.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='384886' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:37 PM']Can someone get all the defensive snaps from the Chargers game and put a laugh track to it?[/quote]

[url="http://www.clanpop.org/cgi-bin/dirwrap/uploads/24bennyhill.mp3"]*COUGH*[/url]

[quote name='mongoloido' post='384891' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:41 PM'][url="http://www.clanpop.org/cgi-bin/dirwrap/uploads/24bennyhill.mp3"]*COUGH*[/url][/quote]

Oh man!!!! Thats EXACTLY what I wanted when I was posting that. Also speed up the video to make it look even more funny.

Archived