Marvin's Press Conference

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='405167' date='Dec 11 2006, 03:09 PM']Marvin hates Chick. :lmao:[/quote]

And people here love to jump on Chick's ass, but I don't hear him asking bad questions. I myself wonder if our safeties will help improve our difference over last year. I feel certain DJax is better than Ohalete. I wonder about the big 3rd down conversions, and cushions, and all the topics Chick brought up.

Speaking of Saftey play this year vs last, Marvin told Chick saying that was an uneducated football statement, Chick said for example Dexter is better than OHowIHateYou.

Talking about how Rudi is good in ball security and it gets magnified when he does fumble, Marvin said that was due to his strength.

Some talk about 3rd down that I missed.

Only thing that matters is us, in the playoff run. He doesnt root for or against another team.

Chick seemed to get upset about marvins comment, and said something to the nature about "educating us uneducated in the media" marvin said "i would like to help you with that, help me help you"

Marvin pwned chick, it was kind of funny

He cant hold hands 24/7 the things happening are not socially right, there are certin things in our socitey that are unacceptable and the local law enforcment is doing things to curtail the drinking and driving and thats a good thing, you tarnish your image and repuation and that doesnt go away easy, its a privlidge to play on this team.

Dont worry about how he feels, he appreates it but hes fine, worry about the colts, its unfortunate that he has to spend time talking about it and he doesnt appreate it.

When we got the schedule we didnt know Oak was going to be 2-10. You dont know where the teams are going to be, and thats the way the schedule works. The great thing is Indy are fighting for their seeding, Den is fighting for their chance, and so is pitt at this point.

Id rather be locked up but were not.

We just have to keep doing things the way were doing them. He said Paul said were tired of hearing that, but thats the way it is.

We only have one football and were trying to slice it up the best we can.

We have to put our guys in position to win the games, and the leaders are taking that on their shoulders and thats a good thing.

You learn from history and experience, thats how you get better.

He didnt address the team about their probowl voting, he doesnt make a big deal about it. Glad we didnt have to do it on a short week like last year.

He doenst do the useless banter, the less said the better.

We should have a good understanding this week on where Levi is at, its frustraing for him in that he thought he would be back sooner, but he still has some soreness. No setbacks for Richie last week though. Credit the rest of the team for carrying two guys that havent played alot of football this year. That is a testiment to what they mean for this football team.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='405167' date='Dec 11 2006, 03:09 PM']Marvin hates Chick. :lmao:[/quote]

Why because Chick doesn't pamper Marvin, and ask him the most ridiculous politically correct questions all the time?

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='405174' date='Dec 11 2006, 03:21 PM']Why because Chick doesn't pamper Marvin, and ask him the most ridiculous politically correct questions all the time?[/quote]

No, because Chick has thrown Marvin under the bus a couple of times and Marvin hasn't forgotten it.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='405182' date='Dec 11 2006, 03:29 PM']No, because Chick has thrown Marvin under the bus a couple of times and Marvin hasn't forgotten it.[/quote]

A couple of times? Big deal. Go to a city like New York, or a team in Texas. They throw their coaches under the bus on a bi-weekly basis. Marvin has it so easy with the media here in Cincinnati.

Injuries:

Kelly Washington - out. tweaked the hammy again last week
Braham and Levi - doubtful. Important week for both and where they stand for the rest of the season. Said that Braham was wanting to start last Thursday vs. Baltimore, had a lot of swelling on Thursday morning. This past week preparing for Oakland he had no setbacks. Said Levi is frustrated with how long it has taken.

A couple of guys sprained ankles yesterday - no names.

Basically said we came out of the game in the same position that we went in.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='405173' date='Dec 11 2006, 03:20 PM']Speaking of Saftey play this year vs last, Marvin told Chick saying that was an uneducated football statement, Chick said for example Dexter is better than OHowIHateYou.

Talking about how Rudi is good in ball security and it gets magnified when he does fumble, Marvin said that was due to his strength.

Some talk about 3rd down that I missed.

Only thing that matters is us, in the playoff run. He doesnt root for or against another team.

Chick seemed to get upset about marvins comment, and said something to the nature about "educating us uneducated in the media" marvin said "i would like to help you with that, help me help you"

Marvin pwned chick, it was kind of funny

He cant hold hands 24/7 the things happening are not socially right, there are certin things in our socitey that are unacceptable and the local law enforcment is doing things to curtail the drinking and driving and thats a good thing, you tarnish your image and repuation and that doesnt go away easy, its a privlidge to play on this team.

Dont worry about how he feels, he appreates it but hes fine, worry about the colts, its unfortunate that he has to spend time talking about it and he doesnt appreate it.

When we got the schedule we didnt know Oak was going to be 2-10. You dont know where the teams are going to be, and thats the way the schedule works. The great thing is Indy are fighting for their seeding, Den is fighting for their chance, and so is pitt at this point.

Id rather be locked up but were not.

We just have to keep doing things the way were doing them. He said Paul said were tired of hearing that, but thats the way it is.

We only have one football and were trying to slice it up the best we can.

We have to put our guys in position to win the games, and the leaders are taking that on their shoulders and thats a good thing.

You learn from history and experience, thats how you get better.

He didnt address the team about their probowl voting, he doesnt make a big deal about it. Glad we didnt have to do it on a short week like last year.

He doenst do the useless banter, the less said the better.

We should have a good understanding this week on where Levi is at, its frustraing for him in that he thought he would be back sooner, but he still has some soreness. No setbacks for Richie last week though. Credit the rest of the team for carrying two guys that havent played alot of football this year. That is a testiment to what they mean for this football team.[/quote]

Thanks for the recap Jamie B)

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='405182' date='Dec 11 2006, 03:29 PM']No, because Chick has thrown Marvin under the bus a couple of times and Marvin hasn't forgotten it.[/quote]

I don't know about that being any kind of real reason. Marvin came in with an adversarial attitude to the media, and it has blossomed. Chick asked decent questions today, and Marvin shut them all down. Considering how weak the other questions at the press conference, it was a bit disappointing. I get that Marvin and Chick don't like each other, but they need to find a way to co-exist.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='405230' date='Dec 11 2006, 04:00 PM']I don't know about that being any kind of real reason. Marvin came in with an adversarial attitude to the media, and it has blossomed. Chick asked decent questions today, and Marvin shut them all down. Considering how weak the other questions at the press conference, it was a bit disappointing. I get that Marvin and Chick don't like each other, but they need to find a way to co-exist.[/quote]

See I find that exchange entirely entertaining.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='405233' date='Dec 11 2006, 04:02 PM']See I find that exchange entirely entertaining.[/quote]

I'd prefer 'informative' to 'entertaining.' Marvin doesn't give much information to begin with. To be dodging questions that could actually inform is annoying. Let him be entertaining with the dorks who really do ask silly questions.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='405240' date='Dec 11 2006, 04:05 PM']I'd prefer 'informative' to 'entertaining.' Marvin doesn't give much information to begin with. To be dodging questions that could actually inform is annoying. Let him be entertaining with the dorks who really do ask silly questions.[/quote]

I prefer him to keep it close to the vest, dont give up anything that could be used against us.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='405241' date='Dec 11 2006, 04:07 PM']I prefer him to keep it close to the vest, dont give up anything that could be used against us.[/quote]

What in the world could he say that could be used against us?

Q: What can the defense do to improve the way it performs on the field?

Informative Answer: The defensive line needs to hold their blockers together, and stop letting them get to the second level and blocking our linebackers.

Marvins normal nonsense: Just do our jobs. Just do our jobs, and everything will come together.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='405260' date='Dec 11 2006, 04:22 PM']What in the world could he say that could be used against us?

Q: What can the defense do to improve the way it performs on the field?

Informative Answer: The defensive line needs to hold their blockers together, and stop letting them get to the second level and blocking our linebackers.
[b]
Marvins normal nonsense: Just do our jobs. Just do our jobs, and everything will come together.[/b][/quote]

not condescending enough

Archived