How dangerous is Cincinnati?

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='406736' date='Dec 13 2006, 05:42 PM'][url="http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=889&threadID=5465526"]http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?foru...hreadID=5465526[/url][/quote]

[quote]If I saw a Bengal player walking up to my car, I'd probably lock the doors.[/quote]

lol :)

this guy even put up whats going to happen :o i like this dude :D

[quote]steel9x-
I see your confident in your own team..how cute

Predictions for the Bengals next game:

Monday Night in Indy-
Carson 24-30 320yd 2 TD 1 INT
Peyton 26-38 260yd 2 TD 0 INT
Rudi 31 CAR 134 yds 2 TD
Combo of Indy Backs 22 CAR 71 yds 1 TD
Chad 120yd 8rec 1 TD
TJ 100yd 8 rec
Henry 50yd 4 rec 1 TD
Reggie Kelly 24yd 2 rec
Kenny Watson 6yd 1 rec
Rudi 20yd 1 rec
Marvin Harrison 60yd 1 TD
Wayne 80yd
Clark 60yd 1 TD
Addai 40 yd
misc rec 20 yd

Shayne Graham 1/1 30 yd FG 4 XP
Vinatieri 1/1 41 yd FG 2 XP

Cincinnati 31 Indy 17

Cincy continues their winning ways to beat Denver (Cutler is terrible) and have a tough (haha Worthlesburger is sooo tough) but meaningless game vs. pissburgh as Cincy will have already clinched a Wildcard spot finishing 11-5 being the "it" team going to either Foxboro or Baltimore[/quote]

great thread :thumbsup:

Guest mongoloido
Honestly though, I still think it's too early to tell just how dangerous the Bengals are. We could be extremely dangerous, provided the team stays hungry. Four wins in a row is a good thing... I still worry a bit that the team might not handle a long streak of wins too well. We really do play our best when hungry. If the press starts to plaster our name everywhere, calling us the most dangerous team in the NFL, some guys could lose a little focus. Let's see us play well in Indy, and go from there.

ESPN forums suck dick.

edit: Okay I went and actually read the thread and the people in this one don't seem that dumb. The only fucking retards I saw were Stealers fans (what a shocker huh?)

For example this guy: [quote]CINCY IS GOOD BUT I WOULD NOT SAY THEY R DANGEROUS. I BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL MAKE A WILD CARD. BUT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT THE COLTS OR THE stealers.[/quote]

I think the next 3 games will tell how good the Bengals really are. The last 4 games represented an easier stretch in our tough schedule (despite playing the Saints and Ravens). The only decent offense we faced in that stretch were the Saints. So against the Colts we'll have a better idea of where the Bengals defense is really at, and the team as a whole. Though I think the D will do better than last years game when both starting safeties were down, and the team has slightly better depth this year in players like Peko and JoJo.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='406787' date='Dec 13 2006, 07:28 PM']I really hate to say this but I think if they win against the Colts they'll get full of themselves and implode on the last 2 games.
MULLY[/quote]

way to keep the faith.

Guest Agent Orange

[quote]I wouldn't want to play them. Remember, the Bengals have been plagued by injuries this year. Many are getting healthy while others who replaced them are now understanding their roles. The only team to beat the Bengals this year are the Bengals themselves. They are getting over the silly mistakes and are playing very well. The have one of the top 3 offenses in the league and the past three games, the defense has only given up 17 points. Additionally, they played the leagues toughest schedule and have seen just about everything along the way. They have all the ingredients and can beat anyone on any given day.[/quote]
[quote]You may say, the D is terrible and it is true the Bengals give up a ton of yardage...but check where they stack up in points allowed. That is the true test of a Defense. (He11, I'll do your homework for you-they are ranked 8 in ppg allowed) Trust me, nobody wants to see this team if they make the playoffs and whatsmore-this team is the only team in the AFC who has a shot in he11 of beating the Bolts.[/quote]
:headbang:

Guest Agent Orange
[quote]Cincinatti isn't dangerous. They're erratic. If anything, that's frustrating. Cincy fans, I know you're probably getting excited to see your Bengals making another run for the playoffs, and deservingly so. But don't get too overconfident. There's still huge holes to fill in their defense, and [b]Carson Palmer still looks uncomfortable here and there in the pocket[/b]. Honestly, I like the Bengals style. They're flashy, cocky, and can do big things. However, they've got to go out and prove that they can win the big game, which they've seemed to have a lot of trouble doing this season. Only time will tell how dangerous the Bengals really are, I guess that's why they play the game isn't it?[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[quote name='Tigris' post='406796' date='Dec 13 2006, 07:51 PM']i thought dallas clark was hurt for season... if so, the guy's predictions are wrong[/quote]
No it was Brandon Stokely thats out for the season....which is very good for us.... and apparently after looking it up Dallas Clark is more than likely out too whit a knee injury, so I guess we were both right

I think its safe to say that those of us doubting the bengals chances at making the playoffs and a valid run at Miami are those of us that struggle to believe its finally our time. Im with Mully and a few others when I say "I'll believe it when I see it!"

We have an extremely tough road ahead. I have confidence we have the personnel to do it, but its going to come down to gameplan, execution, and our defense showing up the way they have the last 4 weeks!

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='The J Dub' post='406826' date='Dec 13 2006, 08:45 PM']No it was Brandon Stokely thats out for the season....which is very good for us.... and apparently after looking it up Dallas Clark is more than likely out too whit a knee injury, so I guess we were both right[/quote]

cute kitten. is it yours?

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' post='406881' date='Dec 13 2006, 10:21 PM']Dallas Clark is out for the season. Broken leg or torn ACL or something like that. They're down to Hartsock and Utect... not exactly a dangerous receiving corps.[/quote]

So basically we get to see Peyton catch his own passes... That should make for great tv :crazy: :crazy: :badger: :1violin: :badger: :contract:

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Orange 'n Black' post='406881' date='Dec 13 2006, 10:21 PM']Dallas Clark is out for the season. Broken leg or torn ACL or something like that. They're down to Hartsock and Utect... not exactly a dangerous receiving corps.[/quote]

So Clark, and Stokely are out, and a whole slew of starters are questionable. Wow, both top running backs for them are dinged up, as are both starting safeties, one starting cornerback, one backup corner, their starting right tackle, and their #4 receiver... Wow. I feel like our guys are pretty darn healthy compared to that laundry list.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='406885' date='Dec 13 2006, 10:30 PM']So Clark, and Stokely are out, and a whole slew of starters are questionable. Wow, both top running backs for them are dinged up, as are both starting safeties, one starting cornerback, one backup corner, their starting right tackle, and their #4 receiver... Wow. I feel like our guys are pretty darn healthy compared to that laundry list.[/quote]

Yeah, that Jacksonville game was a meat grinder.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='406846' date='Dec 14 2006, 11:12 AM']I think its safe to say that those of us doubting the bengals chances at making the playoffs and a valid run at Miami are those of us that struggle to believe its finally our time. Im with Mully and a few others when I say "I'll believe it when I see it!"

We have an extremely tough road ahead. I have confidence we have the personnel to do it, but its going to come down to gameplan, execution, and our defense showing up the way they have the last 4 weeks![/quote]

Thank you. Someone questioned my faith. Horseshit. I've got all the faith there possibly is. I kept the faith all the way through the 90's. I never once lost faith in this team...even when I knew they really did suck ass. This time around I know that we have a great team. We've finally got a team that CAN do it and WILL do it, but not until they mature. Why did the Bengals lose to Tampa Bay? They lost it because they knew they could win and they went in there thinking they could just walk away with it. They got their asses handed to them. I just don't see them at a maturity level just yet that will allow them to BEAT THE SHIT out of Indianapolis and then go in the next week with the same fire under their asses. Personally, I think the Bengals have one of the best teams in the entire NFL, but they need more time to grow.
MULLY

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='The J Dub' post='406826' date='Dec 13 2006, 08:45 PM']No it was Brandon Stokely thats out for the season....which is very good for us.... and apparently after looking it up Dallas Clark is more than likely out too whit a knee injury, so I guess we were both right[/quote]

It's not that good for us. Losing Stokely isn't that big of a deal, considering he has played in what, 3 or 4 games this season? And how many did he play last season? I don't think he was available when we played the Colts last year.

Guest BengalsOwn

Hopefully you're just referencing their TE receiving corps?

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='406922' date='Dec 14 2006, 03:25 AM']It's not that good for us. Losing Stokely isn't that big of a deal, considering he has played in what, 3 or 4 games this season? And how many did he play last season? I don't think he was available when we played the Colts last year.[/quote]

yea Stokely played. And whenever you can take away when of Manning's weapons, its a big deal.

Archived