xbox360 or ps3

sexybengal

Guest Johnsons4Life
I just bought a PS3 about a week ago. I only have two games which are madden and resistance fall of man. A lot of people dont like the PS3 because it costs a lot of money but if you look at all of the stuff and features it comes with than its a better deal than most think but still a lot of money. But I would have to say as of right now since the PS3 just came out that an XBOX 360 would be better because it has a bunch more games out. Madden looks pretty identical for both systems. There are pros and cons to both systems but it will probably be the same difference between ps2 and xbox. A lot of identical games and some games only for the certain systems. You cant go wrong with either i bet.

Guest BengalsOwn
either would be fine. The PS3 really isn't over priced by any means. If you bought a 360 for $400, and then add the $100 wireless network thing, and then add $200 for a hi-definition DVD playing advice. The PS3 comes with all of that already.

PS3 is riduculus my friend got one for christmas (aparently they were loading them off the truck as my friends mom walked in. No need to wait in line woot) but Resistance fall of man is absolutely ridiculus..... Graphics awesome.. Cant even talk anymore about it because I have missed so much sleep playing the damn game at his house.

Basically, what it all boils down to is whether you are a fan of the xbox or the playstation. Fans of the xbox are going to prefer the 360, and fans of the playstation are going to prefer the PS3. Both are phenomenal gaming platforms, and both will have incredible games that you can only play on that particular platform. Really, you cannot go wrong either way if you've got the money. I have a 360 and I love it, and I've played a PS3 and was impressed as well. However, as a guy who is used to the xbox, I prefer the 360 (although it's close!).

For once, I agree with OWN. After you add up cost of the add-on parts you have to buy to make the 360 as functional as the PS3, the cost is VERY similar. (Although the 100 dollar wireless internet adapter comes with a one year subscription to xbox live, which is a 50 dollar value).

Unfortunately, the gaming industry is starting to lean heavily into add on/upgrade parts, making it more and more expensive to stay on the leading gaming edge...which really sucks. The days of having over a grand in a gaming system is getting closer by the day. :thumbsdown:

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='416375' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:33 PM']Basically, what it all boils down to is whether you are a fan of the xbox or the playstation. Fans of the xbox are going to prefer the 360, and fans of the playstation are going to prefer the PS3. Both are phenomenal gaming platforms, and both will have incredible games that you can only play on that particular platform. Really, you cannot go wrong either way if you've got the money. I have a 360 and I love it, and I've played a PS3 and was impressed as well. However, as a guy who is used to the xbox, I prefer the 360 (although it's close!).

For once, I agree with OWN. After you add up cost of the add-on parts you have to buy to make the 360 as functional as the PS3, the cost is VERY similar. (Although the 100 dollar wireless internet adapter comes with a one year subscription to xbox live, which is a 50 dollar value).

Unfortunately, the gaming industry is starting to lean heavily into add on/upgrade parts, making it more and more expensive to stay on the leading gaming edge...which really sucks. The days of having over a grand in a gaming system is getting closer by the day. :thumbsdown:[/quote]
PC, but im a playstation guy that also has a 360 so i cant really help.

The price of consoles keeps sky rocketing and PC parts keeps bottoming out. The 360 and PS3 are now where computers were last year. And the mouse and keyboard is the best way to play non sports games ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
PS3 arguably has the beter processer and functionality with the built-in capability of playing HD movies.

I was an avid PS2 guy, but I switched over to the 360 for two main reasons. It came out over a year earlier and has much better online gaming. Not to mention that it will have superior games for at least the next 6 months- 1 year. By then, PS3 should catch up and may even surpass the 360. If so, I will reconsider then.

The safe bet at this time is the 360. More games in more genres, and they are ahead of the PS3 in utilizing the capabilities of the processors. Plus, it isn't even as easy to play online with a computer as it is on Xbox Live. But, if you're willing to wait out for the long run, and don't care much about online gaming, then the PS3 by all accounts should end up with deeper, prettier (in terms of graphics) games.

Archived