Saddam Hussein is dead !!!!!!!!

Rumble In the Jungle

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='420575' date='Jan 2 2007, 07:33 AM']Robert Parry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the British MP, see Robert Parry (MP).
Robert Parry is an American investigative journalist who has written extensively about the Iran-Contra scandal.

During the 1980s, Parry worked for Associated Press and Newsweek, and broke a number of Iran-Contra stories. Along with his AP partner Brian Barger, he was the first to report on Oliver North's activities in the White House basement, and the first to describe the Nicaraguan Contras' involvement with cocaine traffickers.

In 1995, he established ConsortiumNews.com as an online ezine dedicated to investigative journalism. In 2000, shortage of revenue forced him to continue it on a part-time basis. From 2000 to 2004, he worked for the financial wire service Bloomberg.

ConsortiumNews.com has published articles on the “October Surprise” controversy of the 1980 election, [1] the alleged Contra-cocaine connection, [2] the war in Kosovo, [3] and the impeachment of President Clinton. [4] Together with Norman Solomon, Parry examined General Colin Powell's past.[5] Other articles examined how Reverend Sun Myung Moon became influential in Washington D.C. [6] and how the Nazi exodus to South America contributed to the region’s bloody repression in the 1970s and 1980s. [7]

[b]Viewpoints and revelations like Parry's have difficulty getting published or referred to in mainstream American journalism. Parry's work is often cited by conspiracy theorists.[/b][/quote]

Is that supposed to be an indictment of Parry's work? I know his stuff on Iran/Contra is pretty good and if enough people got on the inside of that story, then they'd have better insight into some of the workings of the current admin, starting with Eliot Abrams and leading through Robert Gates. (Not to mention the insights into current methods and practices of "off the books" government, a la the NED.)

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='421202' date='Jan 2 2007, 08:30 PM']Is that supposed to be an indictment of Parry's work? I know his stuff on Iran/Contra is pretty good and if enough people got on the inside of that story, then they'd have better insight into some of the workings of the current admin, starting with Eliot Abrams and leading through Robert Gates. (Not to mention the insights into current methods and practices of "off the books" government, a la the NED.)[/quote]
Homer, I never responded to your post refuting my outlook for hope.
I have no reasons for hope in Iraq any more than I have a reason to hope that people in inner-cities stop gunning each other down for drug territory, but there's always hope.
Even if this current staging ground of world affairs plunges the Earth into Armaggeddon, there is always hope, in everything. We're the perfectly imperfect beings, fate is always on the side of the perrenial non-learner!
:)

[quote name='Bunghole' post='421221' date='Jan 2 2007, 08:44 PM']Homer, I never responded to your post refuting my outlook for hope.
I have no reasons for hope in Iraq any more than I have a reason to hope that people in inner-cities stop gunning each other down for drug territory, but there's always hope.
Even if this current staging ground of world affairs plunges the Earth into Armaggeddon, there is always hope, in everything. We're the perfectly imperfect beings, fate is always on the side of the perrenial non-learner!
:)[/quote]

Not really refuting you, Bung. Just looking for the substance. I guess I'm pissed because I see some things coming, but I can't do a hell of a lot about it.

If reason doesn't work, [url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4024457809967804989&hl=en"]how about a sacrifice[/url]?

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='421273' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:16 PM']True. But both you and Coy strike me as thinkers who don't do that.[/quote]

The best I can say about anything I post, whether I agree with it or merely find it interesting is, you tell me if it's believable or not. But, "conspiracy theory" is not a convincing reason for something not being believable. Now, overestimating the death count at Dresden ten-fold is.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='421291' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:37 PM']The best I can say about anything I post, whether I agree with it or merely find it interesting is, you tell me if it's believable or not. But, "conspiracy theory" is not a convincing reason for something not being believable. Now, overestimating the death count at Dresden ten-fold is.[/quote]

I was merely highlighting the fact that he has a reputation(a following per say) of conspiracy theorists that use his work to support their opinions. Take it for what it's worth.

Archived