Saddam Hussein is dead !!!!!!!!

Rumble In the Jungle

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='417825' date='Dec 30 2006, 12:53 PM']I'm not sure which part of this statement is the most sick and delusional: the assertion that Iraq is not in bad shape or the ripost that some folks that post here want it to be that way.[/quote]

How was what I said sick or delusional ?

I never said things were great. I said they`re not as bad as some hope they are.

I guess it`s ok to equate Saddam`s execution to "Amerikkka is just some rednecks
stringin a nigger up a tree. Yeee-Haw !"
But it`s sick and delusional to point out the numbers that are trying to help
build the country versus the small number that is trying to destroy it.

If that`s sick and delusional, then so be it.
And thanks for ignoring the true meaning of my post ...

[quote]No one in their right mind could be other than sad about what's going on over there.[/quote]

Obviously you`re oblivious to the fact that some that post here would love nothing
more than to see "Bush`s war machine and Amerikkkan imperialism" fail...

lol What kills me is how the liberal media hopes that they can sway the next election by publicizing and over-exaggerating the "negative" effects(just as the dumbasss did with Clinton's misdeads) of the war in Iraq, and completely ignoring any good that is done. American politics at it's finest ladies and gentlemen....and the people from both sides of the aisle just keep falling for it over and over again as time marches on.

Personally, I hope the United States gave Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Kim Jong Il the little wink wink, nod nod...look what just happened to Saddam...keep it up and your next look.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='417750' date='Dec 30 2006, 10:55 AM']saddam is not a mardyr... most true muslims hated him... the extremists hated him b/c he was too secular... the average muslim hated him b/c he violated every part of the koran during his life... he is not a martyr, as much as you might want to make him out to be one... the only iraqis not happy about this is about 5 percent of the population that are/were the baath party... the kurds are obviously glad, the shiites are dancing in the streets ([url="http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061230/D8MB755G0.html"]link[/url])... the killing did not dramatically increase... they didn't have to enforce an extremely strict curfew compared to when they first convicted him...

the trial was something that kept bringing up old wounds and w/out the trial being over, the reconcilition never had a chance... i'm not saying that all is well now, but this is a start in the right direction... not the hanging necessarily (though i'm certainly happy about that) but the fact that the damn trial is finally over and we don't have to hear about it anymore... this is a good day...[/quote]

No you hope he's not a mardyr, (as do I, but my cynical side thinks he will be), the next few months will be critical in finding out if he will be.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='417901' date='Dec 30 2006, 06:29 PM']No you hope he's not a mardyr, (as do I, but my cynical side thinks he will be), the next few months will be critical in finding out if he will be.[/quote]
Even if Saddam was a secular sonofabitch in the eyes of Arabs, some will still try to impose martyrdom on him just as an excuse to unleash more violence.
But so far, it looks like the mood is more celebratory than anything, which is good.
Hopefully the Iraqis can look at this event and use it as a way to open a new chapter in their history, one that's not only free from brutal dictatorialship, but free from occupying forces as well.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='417911' date='Dec 30 2006, 06:45 PM'][img]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/12/30/hussein.funeral/newt1.1757.noose.ap.jpg[/img][/quote]
The video of the executioners putting the noose around his neck on CNN's website is certainly creepy.
Saddam looks so....defeated.
It almost looks like the executioners are explaining what would happen to him (since there's no audio in the vid):
"See this rope? It will break your neck when you fall through that trapdoor right there...."

he may have looked defeated, but i gotta give it to him, he wasn't crying like a little bitch! he accepted like a man, i bet you other leaders would have been crying like a little girls [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='417919' date='Dec 30 2006, 06:57 PM']he may have looked defeated, but i gotta give it to him, he wasn't crying like a little bitch! he accepted like a man, i bet you other leaders would have been crying like a little girls [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img][/quote]
Right before he was hung he was begging his executioners to loosen his handcuffs, according to the news.
He had a pistol on him when he was captured in his spider-hole....if he was truly a dictator of conviction, he would have taken his own life right then rather than be captured by US troops.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='417927' date='Dec 30 2006, 07:15 PM']Right before he was hung he was begging his executioners to loosen his handcuffs, according to the news.
He had a pistol on him when he was captured in his spider-hole....if he was truly a dictator of conviction, he would have taken his own life right then rather than be captured by US troops.[/quote]

dude, i think anyone that takes their own life is a fucking coward !

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='417930' date='Dec 30 2006, 07:18 PM']dude, i think anyone that takes their own life is a fucking coward ![/quote]
I do too, but it's pretty typical behavior for the true demented dictator.
All that Saddam proved was that he was more concerned with his own skin than anything.
Oh well, at least he gets to be buried in his hometown next to his despicable, murderous sons!
That's gotta count for something!

A sad day in American history. The USA had an oppurtunity to show the world that the so called
"greatest country" was above such things and spare Hussein's wretched life but we proved instead
that basically we act the same way the so called "enemies of freedom" act. -_-

[quote name='ONYX' post='417946' date='Dec 30 2006, 07:55 PM']A sad day in American history. The USA had an oppurtunity to show the world that the so called
"greatest country" was above such things and spare Hussein's wretched life but we proved instead
that basically we act the same way the so called "enemies of freedom" act. -_-[/quote]
He was tried and convicted in an Iraqi court, convicted under Iraqi law and executed solely by Iraqis.
All we did was set the stage.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' post='417858' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:16 PM']Is there any video of him being hung?[/quote]

I saw this on liveleak.com
[url="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=863ce7d4a3"]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=863ce7d4a3[/url]

I dont know how long the video will be up.

Cut to the chase. The guy ruined his country, no doubt about it. The US supported him when it was perceived to be in the national interest. We dumped him, likewise. Furthermore, we have now helped to turn the place into a charnel house.

sneaky is right. There is no reason to think that Hussein's execution will change things for the better. It can only make things worse on the ground over there.

If only our current leader had the perspective of Lincoln, [url="http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres32.html"]as expressed in his second inagural address.[/url] Instead, we get what we deserve due to foolishness among the general citizenry: [url="http://www.markfiore.com/animation/decidertwo.html"]The Decider.[/url]

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='417955' date='Dec 30 2006, 08:37 PM']Cut to the chase. The guy ruined his country, no doubt about it. The US supported him when it was perceived to be in the national interest. We dumped him, likewise. Furthermore, we have now helped to turn the place into a charnel house.

[b]Onyx is right. There is no reason to think that Hussein's execution will change things for the better. It can only make things worse on the ground over there.[/b]

If only our current leader had the perspective of Lincoln, [url="http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres32.html"]as expressed in his second inagural address.[/url] Instead, we get what we deserve due to foolishness among the general citizenry: [url="http://www.markfiore.com/animation/decidertwo.html"]The Decider.[/url][/quote]

I don't know, man. There is hope in the morass, and as much as I have tried to make sense of this debacle, there are certainly signs of hope that are largely ignored if you care to look beyond the obvious.
Not sugarcoating, just saying.
the reasons FOR stink but the reality IS what it IS, and we have to try to make the best of this, and yet there are many provinces in Iraq that support a unity government.
We sowed the seeds of the project, whatever they may be, and all we can do is hope that it takes hold and not only does Iraq become a fossil-fuel-friendly ally, but an example of representative government.
The Iraqis have been living under a dictator for so long, freedoms are jealous to them.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Bunghole' post='417956' date='Dec 30 2006, 08:44 PM']I don't know, man. There is hope in the morass, and as much as I have tried to make sense of this debacle, there are certainly signs of hope that are largely ignored if you care to look beyond the obvious.
Not sugarcoating, just saying.
the reasons FOR stink but the reality IS what it IS, and we have to try to make the best of this, and yet there are many provinces in Iraq that support a unity government.
We sowed the seeds of the project, whatever they may be, and all we can do is hope that it takes hold and not only does Iraq become a fossil-fuel-friendly ally, but an example of representative government.
The Iraqis have been living under a dictator for so long, freedoms are jealous to them.[/quote]

That outcome would not justify what you did, and justice would still demand some kind of punishment.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='417965' date='Dec 30 2006, 09:17 PM']That outcome would not justify what you did, and justice would still demand some kind of punishment.[/quote]
What I did? As in, as an AMERIKKKUN?
I served my country well, and so have my forefathers, college-educated and devoted to a man.
Go play some more jazz.
Your gratfuleness is duly noted.

Hope for what, Bung?

I ran into a casual friend of mine last week who is a retired 1st Sgt. His service began with two tours in Vietnam and he also deployed to Grenada, Panama, and Desert Storm. He's seen the elephant. Bumping into him reminded me of a conversation we had some years ago, when we saw each other more frequently. He carries around a charm/luck piece, which is one of the dog tags of one of his close Vietnam friends who was KIA. It was a rambling chat between vets, but the essence of it came down to this: "Is It Worth It?" He was admittedly conflicted. Not an unnormal stance among those who have seen combat, it seems to me.

Consider the price our troops are paying for being over there now. Consider, also, that no matter how high a price our troops are paying, regular Iraqis are paying a much higher price. The crime Hussein was sentenced for equals about 2 days worth of casualties over there now--approx 150 folks. Now, beyond the ever-important perception/belief of the "man on the street"--whether they be American or Iraqi citizens--consider the geopolitical/ideological reasons behind all this trauma. Like Vietnam, this recent bit is a sham/scam at that level.

So, imo, it's a double-crime. The level of what passes for statecraft in the post-Eisenhower period is much lower than other periods in our history, such that very few leaders with any chance at significant power can come to the fore--our geopolitics is thus now a combination of pandering to the masses and executing the obtuse (to those very same masses) policy goals of the ruling elite. Not a good thing. And on top of that, regular folk are damaged in ways that last much longer than a simple flesh wound.

Is it any wonder that a lot of folks hate the US? Do we deserve otherwise?

Would it really be that hard to devote similar kinds of institutional energy towards truly making this a better world? I don't think so. But we don't have the political will for that, either at the level of the elites or at the level of the masses.

So tell me, what hope?

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='417965' date='Dec 30 2006, 09:17 PM']That outcome would not justify what you did, and justice would still demand some kind of punishment.[/quote]

I can do the same thing....

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

What does spouting off sayings do....in the end...nothing.

I don't give a rats ass if Saddam had WMD's or not...he was a mass murder.....gassed innocent people.
He deserved to die!

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='417984' date='Dec 30 2006, 10:36 PM']I can do the same thing....

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

What does spouting off sayings do....in the end...nothing.

I don't give a rats ass if Saddam had WMD's or not...he was a mass murder.....gassed innocent people.
He deserved to die![/quote]

A lot of people "deserve" to die. And, of course, we all do, eventually. But that is not the essence of the conundrum. The real question is: Who "deserves" to act as executioner? When one goes down that road, one ought to be very careful--lest everyone think they have an innate right to dispense justice based on whatever whim happens to motivate them.

Aren't we seeing that every day now, be they "insurgent" or "death squad" member or "militia" or, dare say, a uniformed soldier of a nation?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='417984' date='Dec 30 2006, 10:36 PM']I don't give a rats ass if Saddam had WMD's or not...he was a mass murder.....[u]gassed innocent people[/u][/quote]

[b]... when he was a U.S. allie [/b]

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='whodey319' post='418003' date='Dec 30 2006, 11:46 PM']seriously, why do you still live here. I would have left long ago if i was you[/quote]

The departure of critics from the country would not change the fact that the US elite is being hypocritical when it pounds into the mind of the rabble that Saddam did all these bad things and "GASSED HIS OWN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!" when, in fact, he did so as an ally of the United States. Furthermore, it would be better to drive unthinking cretins that co-sign every hideous policy that the elite dream up from the country than for the few people that bother to look beyond the smoke and mirrors to leave.

Archived