Ted Ginn Jr.

Guest CrazyIrishman5

Ted Ginn Jr.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. If Ted Ginn Jr. falls to the Bengals in the draft, should they take him with the 18th pick?

• Yes
    • No

The Buckeye fan in me screams YES!!!!

The Bengals fan in me says probably not.

I would say if there are no CBs, DEs, DTs worthy of the 18th pick are there, [b]OR[/b] if we address our defensive needs in Free Agency, go ahead. If nothing else he would instantly upgrade our punt return game.

But the odds that no worthy defensive player being available are pretty small, so I guess it depends on free agency.

God no, were already deep at WR and while we could upgrade our return unit, Tab will be back and Chatman never has had the chance yet. We have far far far many more needs on the otherside of the ball, so like JC said unless he is willing to play CB, no thanks.

Hell Yes, if we don't then someone in PBS has been hanging out with Tyrone Biggums.

I can't believe 3 people actually voted no and I'm surprised by some of these post.

Ted Ginn has what you can't coach and what every NFL covets, god given athletic ability. He's been one of the NCAA's most dynamic players the moment he stepped foot on the field at the shoe.

If by some miracle Ginn falls to us at 18, we have to take him as he will be a game changer as he is a threat to take it to the house on every play. Sure he might be a back up, but TJ deal is up in a few years, who knows when CJ will ask for TO money, and Henry could rob an old lady for her purse with his jersey and helmet on this time, of the course helmet will hide his face, so that being said we could use Ginn's play-making ability.

Besides you saw Hester was able to do for the Bears this year, he single handly keep them in games and help them win games by his PR skills. Ginn is a beast in the open field, if we have a chance to take Ginn and we pass, I might have to re-think who my favorite NFL team is as it would be clear that this team doesn't have a clue about what it takes to win.

But all of this is moot as Ginn will be a top 10 pick, once he works out and wows the scouts with his numbers he will cement draft status.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='424852' date='Jan 10 2007, 04:32 PM']He's a great receiver, but with Chad, TJ, Henry, Brazell, McNeal and Perry all on the roster, we don't need him at all.[/quote]

Exactly. Brazell could be just as explosive.

Plus when you make Bruce Grad look like god you know you need a better pass rush or better pass defense.

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='424852' date='Jan 10 2007, 04:32 PM']He's a great receiver, but with Chad, TJ, Henry, Brazell, McNeal and Perry all on the roster, we don't need him at all.[/quote]
I'll give you Chad and TJ but,
[b] Chris Henry [/b] is good but he does not give 100% all the time and is a speeding ticket a way from being gone for a year!
[b] Bennie Brazell [/b] He only played in 3 preseason games recording 1 catch for 25 yards, and 1 TD!
[b]Reggie McNeal [/b] He didn't even make a catch in the regular season! He had one play at QB.
[b]Tab Perry [/b] He is come off a Hip injury

they guy might be the fastest receiver in college football, but he is not even the best WR on his team. That honor goes to Mr. Gonzalez.

Ted Ginn is too dumb to learn the position, so like others have said, unless he wants to go back on the other side of the ball, the Bengals have no use for him.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='425754' date='Jan 11 2007, 09:38 PM'][size=7][b]FUCK NO!!![/b][/size]
he isnt gonna be shit in the NFL.[/quote]

I second the fuck no

Guest Bengals1181
Ginn's biggest asset to the team would be returning kicks and punts. Instead, I think we'll take a CB/S who is great at returning kicks and punts rather than a WR.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='426011' date='Jan 12 2007, 02:02 PM']Ginn's biggest asset to the team would be returning kicks and punts. Instead, I think we'll take a CB/S who is great at returning kicks and punts rather than a WR.[/quote]

If one should be available at the time of our first pick, this would be a much better way to spend the pick. Although, I'm not so much worried about a KR/PR guy because we should have Chatman and Tab Perry back.

Why does everyone think he would be a WR on this team?

Honestly, I see Marvin taking him at 18 and converting him BACK to a CB (he was the number 1 rated CB in the country before attending OSU).

I see Marvin taking him to be a returner, and then a corner who can fly. It might be a huge gamble, but it could turn out to be a GREAT one. Think of what great field position could do to our offense and defense for once?

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='426327' date='Jan 12 2007, 11:42 PM']Why does everyone think he would be a WR on this team?

Honestly, I see Marvin taking him at 18 and converting him BACK to a CB (he was the number 1 rated CB in the country before attending OSU).

I see Marvin taking him to be a returner, and then a corner who can fly. It might be a huge gamble, but it could turn out to be a GREAT one. Think of what great field position could do to our offense and defense for once?[/quote]

Yeah Im fine with it if he does do just that and turn him into a CB, that would be a good pick if thats the case. But if just a WR no thanks.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='426327' date='Jan 12 2007, 11:42 PM']Why does everyone think he would be a WR on this team?

I see Marvin taking him to be a returner, and then a corner who can fly. It might be a huge gamble, but it could turn out to be a GREAT one. Think of what great field position could do to our offense and defense for once?[/quote]

The thing is...is that Ted probably doesn't want to be a corner any more. He probably wants to stay at WR and score touchdowns and get noticed. Just my opinion. I know i wouldn't want to convert to a corner after so much success at WR.

But if he wants to be a corner...let's take em.

[quote name='JC' post='426388' date='Jan 13 2007, 09:07 AM']The thing is...is that Ted probably doesn't want to be a corner any more. He probably wants to stay at WR and score touchdowns and get noticed. Just my opinion. I know i wouldn't want to convert to a corner after so much success at WR.

But if he wants to be a corner...let's take em.[/quote]

He wasn't that great of a WR in college... I followed OSU while I attended there (obviously) and he can't run routes well, and is really just really fast.

I see him as Chris Gamble all over again.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='426389' date='Jan 13 2007, 09:11 AM']He wasn't that great of a WR in college... I followed OSU while I attended there (obviously) and he can't run routes well, and is really just really fast.

I see him as Chris Gamble all over again.[/quote]

I disagree regarding his routes. He is a pretty good route runner (not great). I do agree though that while Ginn is a pretty good reciever, he's only being considered as a first round pick because of his speed.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='426389' date='Jan 13 2007, 09:11 AM']He wasn't that great of a WR in college... I followed OSU while I attended there (obviously) and he can't run routes well, and is really just really fast.

I see him as Chris Gamble all over again.[/quote]

Didnt Gamble actually play on the college level at CB though? Im not nearly the buckeye fan you are so I dont know, but did Ginn?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='426482' date='Jan 13 2007, 01:20 PM']Didnt Gamble actually play on the college level at CB though? Im not nearly the buckeye fan you are so I dont know, but did Ginn?[/quote]
He played both

Ginn played WR all his college career. Im not sure if he even took a snap on D.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='426473' date='Jan 13 2007, 01:04 PM']I disagree regarding his routes. He is a pretty good route runner (not great). I do agree though that while Ginn is a pretty good reciever, [b]he's [u]only[/u] being considered as a first round pick because of his speed.[/b][/quote]

So?

But I would say that his long term potential plays a part in that too. He has only played WR for 3 years, and he's already considered a first round pick.

He also has very good hands, has become a much better route runner, and has improved significantly as a blocker this year.

Archived