For all you KI lovers

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='bigfeet4real' post='493747' date='May 31 2007, 11:44 PM']yeah i'm not too fond of roller coasters either BUT.........after being forced on them, during the ride i love it, but still to this day i have not been on the vortex....[/quote]
Dude, you have got to get on Vortex ASAP. That is a kickass ride.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='493753' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:02 AM']Dude, you have got to get on Vortex ASAP. That is a kickass ride.[/quote]

vortex is lame. that pos will give anyone a headache. its about time ki gets a decent ride. they havent had one for ag......... well they've never had one. they aught to take down the whole park and start over. perhaps that is what cedar fair will do now that they own the big pile of shit. i was hoping that they would come in and start adding coasters like crazy. even though this ride is used and not brand new it sure is a start.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='493769' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:59 AM']vortex is lame. that pos will give anyone a headache. its about time ki gets a decent ride. they havent had one for ag......... well they've never had one. they aught to take down the whole park and start over. perhaps that is what cedar fair will do now that they own the big pile of shit. i was hoping that they would come in and start adding coasters like crazy. even though this ride is used and not brand new it sure is a start.[/quote]

If you've been to Cedar Point, then KI doesn't really compare anymore. But those who haven't have a pretty good time and are fairly happy with the roller coasters at KI. They should add some more extreme rides though...that would revive that place.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='493773' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:38 AM']If you've been to Cedar Point, then KI doesn't really compare anymore.[/quote]

Definately. Once you've been on real thrill coasters like Dragster, Millenium Force, Raptor or even Magnum...KI turns into Americana in comparison.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='493769' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:29 AM']vortex is lame. that pos will give anyone a headache. its about time ki gets a decent ride. they havent had one for ag......... well they've never had one. they aught to take down the whole park and start over. perhaps that is what cedar fair will do now that they own the big pile of shit. i was hoping that they would come in and start adding coasters like crazy. even though this ride is used and not brand new it sure is a start.[/quote]
what are you talking about? at the time vortex was the tallest, fastest(?), and most inverted roller coaster in the world, the racers are a classic and the beast is an annual top ten roller coaster and periodically listed as the best wooden roller coaster ever made, and thats not even including son of beast or drop zone. king cobra used to be the shit and drop zone and outer limits are pretty cool as well, but face off, etc. dont really provide anything new. i am hopeful that the park being bought by cedar parks means there will be more money invested into new rides after watching paramount fuck us over for years. but i honestly dont expect any big time roller coasters to move in until cedar parks gets situated, and even then the two are no longer in competition with each other annually and its seems to me as they simply view ki as a side project. i could be wrong, and i hope i am, but even tho ki has the room and money for it, it might take awhile for cedar parks to be willing to invest that kind of dough in the current financial environment of america and ohio in particular. discretionary spending isnt exactly at an all time high right now.

[quote name='ShaGs_McNasty' post='493777' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:45 AM']Definately. Once you've been on real thrill coasters like Dragster, Millenium Force, Raptor or even Magnum...KI turns into Americana in comparison.[/quote]

Americana!!! that literally brought a tear to my eye ...i loved that place

[quote name='ShaGs_McNasty' post='493777' date='Jun 1 2007, 02:15 AM']Definately. Once you've been on real thrill coasters like Dragster, Millenium Force, Raptor or even Magnum...KI turns into Americana in comparison.[/quote]

I was up there not too long ago and they've added a ride which is like the Viking ship at KI on steroids. Magnum is a classic and I love that ride (even though seating could be a bit more spacious) and Millenium Force is great. I didn't get to make it to the Dragster due to the 3 hour line but that looks like the best ride there. Can't wait to go back and finally ride it. Here's the ride I was talking about that they've added, it's called SkyHawk:

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='493779' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:46 AM']what are you talking about? at the time vortex was the tallest, fastest(?), and most inverted roller coaster in the world, the racers are a classic and the beast is an annual top ten roller coaster and periodically listed as the best wooden roller coaster ever made, and thats not even including son of beast or drop zone. king cobra used to be the shit and drop zone and outer limits are pretty cool as well, but face off, etc. dont really provide anything new. i am hopeful that the park being bought by cedar parks means there will be more money invested into new rides after watching paramount fuck us over for years. but i honestly dont expect any big time roller coasters to move in until cedar parks gets situated, and even then the two are no longer in competition with each other annually and its seems to me as they simply view ki as a side project. i could be wrong, and i hope i am, but even tho ki has the room and money for it, it might take awhile for cedar parks to be willing to invest that kind of dough in the current financial environment of america and ohio in particular. discretionary spending isnt exactly at an all time high right now.[/quote]

so what. most of the coasters ki has or has had broke records. big deal. chang in louisville, to my knowledge, has broken no records but easily beats any roller coaster ki has. i tell you what. dollywood and six flags in louisville are both better parks IMO than ki. louiville has a great assortment of coasters. dollywood does not have quite the assortment of coasters but it makes up for it with theming.

like the one guy above said. its cedar point and then everyone else. nobody compares.

cedar fair is going to run them as two different parks. cedar point will remain as the coaster heaven and ki will remain as the family park. it sucks but it is true. they've come out and said it.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='493781' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:57 AM']I was up there not too long ago and they've added a ride which is like the Viking ship at KI on steroids. Magnum is a classic and I love that ride (even though seating could be a bit more spacious) and Millenium Force is great. I didn't get to make it to the Dragster due to the 3 hour line but that looks like the best ride there. Can't wait to go back and finally ride it. Here's the ride I was talking about that they've added, it's called SkyHawk:[/quote]

Holy shnikes...that looks like fun. I remember way back in the day when people used to do the Tastes Great! - Less Filling! chant on the Viking Fury.

And as for Dragsters wait...It is definately long. But, its worth it. It may not seem like it to some; 3 hour wait for a 28 second ride(yes its that short), but the adrenaline rush from a coaster going 120+ MPH and dropping 400+ feet...its a blast.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='493783' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:03 AM']cedar point will remain as the coaster heaven and ki will remain as the family park. it sucks but it is true. they've come out and said it.[/quote]

Exactly. Cedar Point is the 'Thrill based park.' They have the big, new rides and thats basically what the park is all about. Kings Island is the 'Entertainment based park.' They have good rides, but its more of a family atmosphere where the whole family can get something out of it. Whether its shows, kiddie land, or coasters of multiple size and speed...not sure if they still have the indoor showcase where they used to have the ice shows or not.
Kings Island is a leisurely day to enjoy an amusement park, whereas Cedar Point is more 'Ride our big stuff and give yourself a heart attack or GTFO!'

[quote name='ShaGs_McNasty' post='493782' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:59 AM']Can't forget that kickass coaster that rocked out Stricker's Grove either![/quote]
Haha!!! Stricker's Grove was the shit, especially during the company outings with all the free beer, ice cream, and cotton candy. :headbang: Is that place even around anymore?

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='493783' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:03 AM']so what. most of the coasters ki has or has had broke records. big deal. chang in louisville, to my knowledge, has broken no records but easily beats any roller coaster ki has. i tell you what. dollywood and six flags in louisville are both better parks IMO than ki. louiville has a great assortment of coasters. dollywood does not have quite the assortment of coasters but it makes up for it with theming.

like the one guy above said. its cedar point and then everyone else. nobody compares.

cedar fair is going to run them as two different parks. cedar point will remain as the coaster heaven and ki will remain as the family park. it sucks but it is true. they've come out and said it.[/quote]

Chang = Tallest loop for a standing coaster, at least when it was built.

[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='438072' date='Feb 7 2007, 01:37 AM']amen + rollercoaster seat that is too small= :weaksauce:[/quote]

Someone found a perfect use for that smiley! :headbang:
[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='493769' date='Jun 1 2007, 05:29 AM']vortex is lame. that pos will give anyone a headache. its about time ki gets a decent ride. they havent had one for ag......... well [b]they've never had one[/b]. they aught to take down the whole park and start over. perhaps that is what cedar fair will do now that they own the big pile of shit. i was hoping that they would come in and start adding coasters like crazy. even though this ride is used and not brand new it sure is a start.[/quote]

You really need to wash the sand from your vag. The Beast has ALWAYS been one of the world's top coasters from the day it came out.

As for X-Flight, it looks nearly identical to the Batwing, which was a pretty decent ride.

[url="http://www.sixflags.com/america/rides/Batwing.aspx"]http://www.sixflags.com/america/rides/Batwing.aspx[/url]

It didn't drive me crazy or anything, but it was a good ride altogether. I'd trade a ride on the Beast for a ride on this thing any day of the week though.

How is the Son of Beast? I still haven't had the chance to ride it yet.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='493807' date='Jun 1 2007, 06:29 AM']How is the Son of Beast? I still haven't had the chance to ride it yet.[/quote]

Is Son of Beast back open yet? I thought they had it closed to take out the loop (pussies).

I've only been to KI once, and it was [i]years[/i] ago, but I thoroughly enjoyed the park. The Vortex rocked! (didn't ride The Beast though; too long of a line ...)

I'm hopeful to go to Cedar Point next week. I can't wait. I used to go every summer, but since getting married, the trips have become less frequent, so there are so many new rides I haven't experienced. The newest coaster, Maverick, looks [url="http://maverick.cedarpoint.com/ride/video/?video_id=1"]awesome[/url]. It won't be winning any titles (only 100 foot, 95º first drop), but I've heard it just rocks ...I can't wait. (did I say that already?)

[quote name='Montecore' post='493821' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:17 PM']Is Son of Beast back open yet? I thought they had it closed to take out the loop (pussies).

I've only been to KI once, and it was [i]years[/i] ago, but I thoroughly enjoyed the park. The Vortex rocked! (didn't ride The Beast though; too long of a line ...)

I'm hopeful to go to Cedar Point next week. I can't wait. I used to go every summer, but since getting married, the trips have become less frequent, so there are so many new rides I haven't experienced. The newest coaster, Maverick, looks [url="http://maverick.cedarpoint.com/ride/video/?video_id=1"]awesome[/url]. It won't be winning any titles (only 100 foot, 95º first drop), but I've heard it just rocks ...I can't wait. (did I say that already?)[/quote]
They took out the loop? Dammit I was so fucking hyped to try that out :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='493807' date='Jun 1 2007, 06:29 AM']How is the Son of Beast? I still haven't had the chance to ride it yet.[/quote]

Do you like having your spine intact? If so, stay away.
I won't get on SoB (aptly chosen anagram) anymore because to me that ride is so jerky and rough that it makes The Racer seem like lounging on a Serta.

I enjoy a coaster now and then, but nothing will ever top the Smurf boat ride in Hannah Barbara land. I was also at the park the day the Screamin' Demon debuted, although I was too small to ride at the time. If I'm not mistaken, that ride is now long gone.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='494067' date='Jun 1 2007, 05:39 PM']I enjoy a coaster now and then, but nothing will ever top the Smurf boat ride in Hannah Barbara land. I was also at the park the day the Screamin' Demon debuted, although I was too small to ride at the time. If I'm not mistaken, that ride is now long gone.[/quote]

The Screamin' Deamon.........hahahahhahahahahaaaa.....wow, I actually remember that ride. Just went forwards and backwards right? I was also too little to get on it at the time but wanted to ride it badly. I think it was in the place where Face Off is currently.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='494086' date='Jun 1 2007, 09:33 PM']The Screamin' Deamon.........hahahahhahahahahaaaa.....wow, I actually remember that ride. Just went forwards and backwards right? I was also too little to get on it at the time but wanted to ride it badly. I think it was in the place where Face Off is currently.[/quote]
I'm old enough to have ridden the screamin demon. In hindsight, it was lame. But at the time.... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Archived