XU vs. OSU, Second Round

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='458073' date='Mar 17 2007, 01:49 PM']holly shnikes :o Xavier is taking it to them! good for Xavier, id rather see them win :headbang:[/quote]

:thumbsdown:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//17.gif[/img]

Guest oldschooler
OH MY FUCKING GOD !!!!!!!!!!!

GOING TO OT BABY !!!!

I just knew it was over !

What a fucking game !
It`s a damn shame somebody has to lose this !

iv'e never met a xiavier fan in real life i didnt think was a total cunt, they seem to be paumpus cuntbags full of themselves and some false sense of pride being an ignorant catholic republican fuckstick.

however that pretty much sums up 93% of the cincinnati population.

no offense to anyone here, as i havent met you.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
well OSU fans should be paying the refs.

Odens flagrant foul of shoving a guy out of bounds without going for the ball only called a regular foul just saved them.

Xavier vs OSU, Refs, NCAA and they almost pulled it off.

Great job Sean Miller and Xavier. You should be in the Sweet 16.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='458081' date='Mar 17 2007, 03:22 PM']iv'e never met a xiavier fan in real life i didnt think was a total cunt, they seem to be paumpus cuntbags full of themselves and some false sense of pride being an ignorant [u]catholic[/u] republican fuckstick.

however [u]that pretty much sums up 93% of the cincinnati population.[/u]

no offense to anyone here, as i havent met you.[/quote]
you ever been to cincinnati?

:contract:

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='458083' date='Mar 17 2007, 02:24 PM']well OSU fans should be paying the refs.
Odens flagrant foul of shoving a guy out of bounds without going for the ball only called a regular foul just saved them.
Great job Sean Miller and Xavier. You should be in the Sweet 16.[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about ?
There should have been a foul called on Xavier for mugging Oden BEFORE
the foul you`re bitching about.

Plus dude from Ohio State was mugged in the OT, and no foul was called.

The refs didn`t make any shots for Ohio State. Ohio State did what they had to do to win the game.
With their best player sitting on the bench, because he fouled out for the first time all season.

Anyway, what a great game. Xavier played a great game. I really thought it was over
for the Buckeyes. But Lewis was money. And Conely Jr pwned the OT.

I said it before, damn shame someone had to lose.

Thad breaks Xavier`s heart again...

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='458083' date='Mar 17 2007, 02:24 PM']well OSU fans should be paying the refs.
Great job Sean Miller and Xavier. You should be in the Sweet 16.[/quote]

blah blah blah. THere was some shitty officiating in this game, going both ways. There was absolutely no consistency in calling ticky tack and legit fouls. The officials also seemed to have had their own definition of traveling as well.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='458095' date='Mar 17 2007, 03:51 PM']blah blah blah. THere was some shitty officiating in this game, going both ways. There was absolutely no consistency in calling ticky tack and legit fouls. [b]The officials also seemed to have had their own definition of traveling as well.[/b][/quote]
well duh, oden travels on every post possession. i already knew that tho.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='oldschooler' post='458089' date='Mar 17 2007, 03:40 PM']What the fuck are you talking about ?
There should have been a foul called on Xavier for mugging Oden BEFORE
the foul you`re bitching about.

Plus dude from Ohio State was mugged in the OT, and no foul was called.

The refs didn`t make any shots for Ohio State. Ohio State did what they had to do to win the game.
With their best player sitting on the bench, because he fouled out for the first time all season.
Anyway, what a great game. Xavier played a great game. I really thought it was over
for the Buckeyes. But Lewis was money. And Conely Jr pwned the OT.

I said it before, damn shame someone had to lose.

Thad breaks Xavier`s heart again...[/quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHA oden fouls on EVERY rebound. he doesnt know what boxing out is, he just jumps on everyone. He is so fucking overrated too. Chris Bosh, Elton Brand, Tim Duncan in their freshman years would have DESTROYED oden. He is nowhere close to those 3 and gets 10 times the hype.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='458098' date='Mar 17 2007, 03:00 PM']HAHAHAHAHAHA oden fouls on EVERY rebound.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote]he doesnt know what boxing out is, he just jumps on everyone.[/quote]

:rolleyes: again

[quote]He is so fucking overrated too.[/quote]

Over rated to who ? You ?

[quote]Chris Bosh, Elton Brand, Tim Duncan in their freshman years would have DESTROYED oden. He is nowhere close to those 3 and gets 10 times the hype.[/quote]

Oden himself, just said the other day that he doesn`t think he`s "NBA Ready".
And said he will probably return to THE Ohio State next season. I don`t think
any of the players you listed were "NBA Ready" as freshmen either.

Anyway, the reason Oden gets so much hype is because the new NBA
rule that doesn`t allow kids to go straight from High School to the Pros anymore.
For as young and good as he is, he is deserving of the hype.

Oh and you`re just a Buckeye hater. If Oden played for Duke you`d be standing
in line to suck his cock... :pointlaff:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='oldschooler' post='458102' date='Mar 17 2007, 04:13 PM']:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: again
Over rated to who ? You ?
Oden himself, just said the other day that he doesn`t think he`s "NBA Ready".
And said he will probably return to THE Ohio State next season. [b]I don`t think
any of the players you listed were "NBA Ready" as freshmen either.
Anyway, the reason Oden gets so much hype is because the new NBA
rule that doesn`t allow kids to go straight from High School to the Pros anymore.
For as young and good as he is, he is deserving of the hype.
Oh and you`re just a Buckeye hater. If Oden played for Duke you`d be standing
in line to suck his cock... [/b]:pointlaff:[/quote]
Chris Bosh went pro after his freshman year and did VERY well.

ive hated many Duke players, so thats not true. Its not htat i dislike oden or osu in this case, its the fact that all u hear about is oden and he isnt nearly as good as people go on. if he is a couple inches shorter with the same talents we wouldnt hear anything about him even tho he would still be a center size player. There are quite a few players who are much more dominant in NCAAs than Oden. Oden probably has the best NBA career because he has an NBA body, but he sure as fuck doesnt know how to use it yet. Thad isnt going to help him much with that either. I dont like seeing people get hyped that arent worht the hype. I didnt like the hype Jay Williams or JJ Redick got either. Neither of those players were even the best player on their team at Duke.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='458097' date='Mar 17 2007, 02:57 PM']well duh, oden travels on every post possession. i already knew that tho.[/quote]

no, the refs need to learn that its not traveling if you're still dribbling the ball (this isn't in reference to Oden).

How don't you get thrown out of the game for shoving the opposing center off his feet and from under the hoop to the base of the basket? Dude should've been kicked out of the game (ejected, not just the 5th foul).

Not saying XU would've won anyway, because you never know (nor am I an XU fan, because I hate them), but Oden's foul was obviously out of frustration and WAY overboard....regardless of if a call was or wasn't missed (both teams were being physical there) before hand.

It's not football.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Bunghole' post='458139' date='Mar 17 2007, 07:23 PM']Randolph Morris is better than Oden.[/quote]
heh. i wish this were true. :(

offensively yes. defensively no, potential nope.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Oden says foul was hard, not intentional [/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Center happy for Sweet 16 trip, unhappy with his performance[/b][/size]
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Bob Baptist
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

[img]http://www.1530homer.com/cc-common/mlib/1120/03/1120_1174223885.jpg[/img]

LEXINGTON, Ky. — Ohio State will long remember the rally that ended with a 78-71 overtime victory over Xavier in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Xavier will wonder what might have been had Greg Oden been called for an intentional foul yesterday when he shoved Justin Cage to the floor after a Cage rebound in the final seconds of regulation in Rupp Arena.

Had the foul been ruled intentional, Xavier would have been given possession with 9.3 seconds left after Cage shot two free throws.

As it played out, Cage missed the second of a 1-and-1 bonus, giving Ohio State the chance to send the game to overtime, which Ron Lewis did with a long three-pointer with two seconds left.

Oden said after the game that the foul was "hard" but not intentional. Cage had a different opinion.

"I don’t know how I fell on my own," he said.

Ohio State coach Thad Matta said he thought David Lighty was fouled on the missed putback that Cage rebounded.

Xavier coach Sean Miller said regardless of what happened, "it’s irrelevant. We had an opportunity to put the game on ice" and didn’t when Cage missed the second free throw.

Oden was in a somber mood after the Buckeyes’ escape. He had a tough afternoon on offense, missing 7 of 12 shots from the field, and fouled out for the first time this season.

"I’m very disappointed in my performance. I felt I could have contributed to my team a little better," he said. "I’m very happy (to be going to the Sweet 16). Just give me some time to sleep off my day."

Mike Conley Jr., Oden’s teammate through high school, said Ohio State’s opponent — Virginia or Tennessee — in a South Regional semifinal Thursday in San Antonio should beware.

"Normally he’s a monster the next game after he has a game like this," Conley said. "This might be good for him to have a game like this and get him right mentally so he’ll come out with that killer instinct."

[b]Where’s the blacksmith ? [/b]

Conley threw a shoe in horse country during overtime.

"It just started falling apart," he said of his new Nike sneaker. "I don’t know what was going on. It’s just like the padding on the bottom just ripped off and was just hanging.

"I didn’t want to trip over myself during a crucial part of the game so I had to tell Coach to get me another shoe."

Matta did, and Conley resumed control of overtime, in which he scored 11 of his 21 points.

"That’s what happens when you’re as fast as he is," Matta said.

[b]Using his head and hands [/b]

Conley came up big late in regulation, too, when he stole an inbounds pass after Ohio State had cut its 59-50 deficit to 59-55. The turnover led to a three-point play by Ron Lewis with 1:36 left.

"We were trying to pressure them full court and I just decided to deny the ball inbounds because they didn’t have anybody else back to help Drew (Lavender) get the ball inbounds," Conley said. "I just tried to anticipate where (Justin Doellman, the inbounder) would throw it.

"Luckily, I’ve got some long arms, so I reached out and tapped it out and got the ball back."

[b]Final touch [/b]

Matta said he could not be happier for Lewis after the senior sent the game to overtime with his three-point basket.

"And you know what?" Matta added. "He graduates (today)."

bbaptist@dispatch.com[/quote]

[url="http://www.buckeyextra.com/?story=dispatch/2007/03/18/20070318-E4-00.html"]http://www.buckeyextra.com/?story=dispatch...0318-E4-00.html[/url]

Guest oldschooler
The foul all the Xavier fans and Buckeye haters are bitching about...

[img]http://www.dispatch.com/2007/03/18/20070318-Pc-E4-0500.jpg[/img]

[b]Oden picks up foul No. 5 by shoving Gage out of bounds. "I just look at that foul as, they’re going to call bull crap fouls," Oden said. "I might as well get one that’s hard." [/b]

What happened seconds before that foul was commited ...

[img]http://www.dispatch.com/2007/03/18/20070318-Pc-E4-0400.jpg[/img]

[b]With Josh Duncan of Xavier hanging on one arm, Ohio State’s Greg Oden can’t get to a rebound that fell to Justin Cage in the waning seconds. [/b]

[url="http://www.dispatch.com/bball/bball.php?story=dispatch/2007/03/18/20070318-E4-03.html"]http://www.dispatch.com/bball/bball.php?st...0318-E4-03.html[/url]

What ... no foul was called on Xavier... but the refs should have called a flagrant foul on Oden ?

Gimme a fucking break. Ohio State won fair and square. Accept it.

Guest Bengals1181
Man, Ohio State has a nice advantage in this tourney. They play the winner of the tennesee/virginia game, which just happens to be being played in Columbus. I guarantee Matta, if not the whole team, is at that game scouting their next opponent.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='oldschooler' post='458305' date='Mar 18 2007, 10:30 AM']The foul all the Xavier fans and Buckeye haters are bitching about...
[img]http://www.dispatch.com/2007/03/18/20070318-Pc-E4-0500.jpg[/img]

[b]Oden picks up foul No. 5 by shoving Gage out of bounds. "I just look at that foul as, they’re going to call bull crap fouls," Oden said. "I might as well get one that’s hard." [/b]
What happened seconds before that foul was commited ...
[img]http://www.dispatch.com/2007/03/18/20070318-Pc-E4-0400.jpg[/img]

[b]With Josh Duncan of Xavier hanging on one arm, Ohio State’s Greg Oden can’t get to a rebound that fell to Justin Cage in the waning seconds. [/b]

[url="http://www.dispatch.com/bball/bball.php?story=dispatch/2007/03/18/20070318-E4-03.html"]http://www.dispatch.com/bball/bball.php?st...0318-E4-03.html[/url]
What ... no foul was called on Xavier... but the refs should have called a flagrant foul on Oden ?

Gimme a fucking break. Ohio State won fair and square. Accept it.[/quote]

w/e makes u sleep at night.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='458342' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:46 AM']w/e makes u sleep at night.[/quote]

Chasing 2 year old twins all day makes me sleep at night.
The scoreboard from yesterday`s game makes me sleep at night.
Knowing Duke got knocked out in the 1st round makes me sleep at night. :pointlaff:

David Lighty gets brought to the floor from behind, and there's no whistle.
Oden gets mugged going for the rebound, and there`s no whistle.
Oden commits a hard foul, there`s a whistle, but you expected it to be more ? :lol:

What kills me is you`re acting like that call (or non call in your tainted mind)
had a bigger impact on the game than Cage missing his Free Throws.

Fact is, if Cage makes his free throws, X wins. He didn't, and then it was Cage's man who hits the 3.

Still, there was an entire OT without Oden, where Xavier could have won it. They didn`t.

So keep on hating. I guess it helps you sleep at night...

I love how you completely ignore the over the back on OSU before the second chance miss by Lighty happened. Like I said, both teams were being physical there. I know you're a complete OSU homer which makes you devoid of logical reason when the Buckeyes are involved, but this was clear as day. Probably worse than the Duke guy on Hansboro in terms of intent.

Oden clearly was clearly "getting his money's worth", and he should have paid the price for it. That was more than a personal foul, OBVIOUSLY.

What you're saying is, "well, its okay, you're frustrated....have at him, just knock him out next time if we miss a call." I mean, that's ludacris.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='458373' date='Mar 18 2007, 02:52 PM']I love how you completely ignore the over the back on OSU before the second chance miss by Lighty happened. Like I said, both teams were being physical there.

Oden clearly was being a douche, and he should have paid the price for it.
That's just saying, "well, its okay, you're frustrated....have at him, just knock him out next time if we miss a call."[/quote]

Oden goes over the back on EVERY single rebound. If he was intelligent enough to know what boxing out was then he would pull in 20-25 a game. Chances are he is too fucking stupid to understand that though and from knowing/meeting Thad Matta, i dont thikn he would know it either.

Archived