Marvin Lewis attends Ginn's individual workout

[quote]Ted Ginn Jr. WR On April 11, Ginn -- who did not run at the Combine or OSU's Pro Day -- worked out on campus before representatives of most of the NFL teams. He ran his 40s in 4.38, 4.44 and 4.45 seconds. He ran no shuttles and did no jumps, and because of his sore foot, stopped running routes after doing about 20 of them. Three head coaches were there: Scott Linehan (Rams), [b]Marvin Lewis (Bengals)[/b] and Cam Cameron (Dolphins). Also there were Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller and Rams vice president for player personnel Tony Softli.[/quote]
[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#OHst"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#OHst[/url]

All I got to say is that if we take Ginn in round 1, I'll be fucking pissed.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
i would be beyond pissed, plus all the OSU homos we have on here would be masterbating forever, even when he busts.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='470838' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:22 PM']i would be beyond pissed, plus all the OSU homos we have on here would be masterbating forever, even when he busts.[/quote]
I'm a huge OSU fan, and I think he'll be a good player, but we absolutely have NO need for the guy. And no he will not be transitioned to corner you crazy bastards.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='OzBengal' post='470839' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:23 PM']Many people are in denial but we need a receiver[/quote]

If we need a receiver, than there are 20 teams out there who DESPERATELY need a receiver.

Since when did you NEED 3 all pro WR's?

Especially with a QB as good as Carson?

[quote name='OzBengal' post='470839' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:23 PM']Many people are in denial but we need a receiver[/quote]
Not a first round reciever. Later round project maybe...but with Bennie emerging and improving on last years amazing training camp...we may not miss a beat without Chris.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
name me some teams with two 1000 yard receivers? then tell me what round they drafted a WR the following year?

saying we NEED a WR is just idiotic. there is nothing wrong with grabbing a WR, but is FAR from a need. this team needs CB, Safety, LB, future DT, and RB before they need WR.

Im not sure if there is a word that would describe my level of being pissed off if we took him. Unless it was in a later round.. All I want is defense really.

Once the season started I may not be as pissed, but on draft day I would be fucking livid.

That's fucking crazy!

Chad signed through 2011
Housh signed through 2008
Henry signed through 2009

I know Henry is suspended, but Chad and Housh are still one of the best duos in the NFL.

Young guys with potential to contribute:

Tab Perry
Bennie Brazell
Reggie McNeal
Glenn Holt

Chatman isn't young and is only signed through 2007, but he is a good #3 receiver.

We don't have room for another receiver.

Guest Tigris
You're telling me Ted Ginn isn't the fastest man alive!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!???

Shit, from the way Ginn is talked up, I was expecting a 4.1 out of this guy...

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='470855' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:28 PM']That's fucking crazy!

Chad signed through 2011
Housh signed through 2008
Henry signed through 2009

I know Henry is suspended, but Chad and Housh are still one of the best duos in the NFL.

Young guys with potential to contribute:

Tab Perry
Bennie Brazell
Reggie McNeal
Glenn Holt

Chatman isn't young and is only signed through 2007, but he is a good #3 receiver.

We don't have room for another receiver.[/quote]
word

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='470844' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:24 PM']I'm a huge OSU fan, and I think he'll be a good player, but we absolutely have NO need for the guy. And no he will not be transitioned to corner you crazy bastards.[/quote]

Crazy Bastard here. :wave: I wouldn't be totally opposed to it if he is transitioned to corner. You can't deny what he'd bring to the punt and kick return teams.

With that said, I don't see it happening.

Guest OzBengal

Like I said, many people are in denial :)

You think Chad and TJ aren't on the slow decline? They won't get any better and are starting to get old. They are 29 and 30 this year. Henry is gone. Washington is gone. All we have after our two starters is a bunch of flaky and injured guys. We don't have a pass catching tight end and use a lot of 3 receiver sets. Wide Receivers usually take 3 years to produce and 'get-it'. We need one not just for now but into the future. We need a receiver and I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we drafted one on the 1st day but I would prefer we didn't. Thats why I think we should trade for Mike Williams or another receiver.

[quote name='Tigris' post='470859' date='Apr 11 2007, 07:31 PM']You're telling me Ted Ginn isn't the fastest man alive!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!???

Shit, from the way Ginn is talked up, I was expecting a 4.1 out of this guy...[/quote]

Well he was running on a bad foot. Make no mistake...Ted Ginn will be the fastest player on the field every time he puts the pads on.

3 words for ya'll....BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. I think Marv takes BPA no matter what position(other than QB). Chris Henry will probably never play again so the need is definitely there. Plus, Carson always needs to be surrounded by the best talent possible.

Guest Tigris

[quote name='OzBengal' post='470865' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:37 PM']Like I said, many people are in denial :)

You think Chad and TJ aren't on the slow decline? They won't get any better and are starting to get old. They are 29 and 30 this year. Henry is gone. Washington is gone. All we have after our two starters is a bunch of flaky and injured guys. We don't have a pass catching tight end and use a lot of 3 receiver sets. Wide Receivers usually take 3 years to produce and 'get-it'. We need one not just for now but into the future. We need a receiver and I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we drafted one on the 1st day but I would prefer we didn't. Thats why I think we should trade for Mike Williams.[/quote]
If it takes 3 years to "get it", wouldn't Detroit be crazy to shop around Mike Williams?

[quote name='OzBengal' post='470865' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:37 PM']Like I said, many people are in denial :) You think Chad and TJ aren't on the slow decline? They won't get any better and are starting to get old. They are 29 and 30 this year. Henry is gone. Washington is gone. All we have after our two starters is a bunch of flaky and injured guys. We don't have a pass catching tight end and use a lot of 3 receiver sets. Wide Receivers usually take 3 years to produce and 'get-it'. We need one not just for now but into the future. We need a receiver and I wouldn't bat an eye lid if we drafted one on the 1st day but I would prefer we didn't. Thats why I think we should trade for Mike Williams.[/quote]

:crazy:

Chad and TJ have shown absolutely no sign of decline, in fact they are getting better. Henry is not gone, he's just on an 8 game vacation. We have plenty of talent on the roster to fill the number 3 spot for 8 games. If Henry is indeed kicked out of the league next year, then we use a pick on receiver next year. This year the priority [u][b]HAS[/b][/u] to be improving the defense, since we already have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

[quote name='JC' post='470851' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:27 PM']Not a first round reciever. Later round project maybe...but with Bennie emerging and improving on last years amazing training camp...we may not miss a beat without Chris.[/quote]

that's definately the most optimistic case of homerism as i've ever read... and i've read some doozies in all my years.

[quote name='Tigris' post='470859' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:31 PM']You're telling me Ted Ginn isn't the fastest man alive!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!???

Shit, from the way Ginn is talked up, I was expecting a 4.1 out of this guy...[/quote]

you DO know he's recovering from a broken foot, right? that's why he didn't run the other drills at his workout.

ahhhh, nevermind

[quote name='bengaled' post='470871' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:46 PM']that's definately the most optimistic case of homerism as i've ever read... and i've read some doozies in all my years.[/quote]
It's more of a playful thing. I don't think you have been around long enough to understand it.

But Francisco said Bennie was coming along better then chad when he was a rookie. So it can't be to far fetched. I think it was the orange black game he had 169 yards recieving. He also had a TD catch in preseason before he got hurt.

whatever floats your boat though dude.

I personally think wanting Ted Ginn is probably the most homerist thing i have seen. :ninja:

Even though he will be a bust.

Guest OzBengal
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='470870' date='Apr 11 2007, 07:44 PM']Chad and TJ have shown absolutely no sign of decline[/quote]

Chad had his lowest number of TDs since 2002 and although he led the league in receiving yards a lot of that came in a 3 game stretch. He started slow and then went missing down the stretch.

[quote name='OzBengal' post='470877' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:52 PM']Chad had his lowest number of TDs since 2002 and although he led the league in receiving yards a lot of that came in a 3 game stretch. He started slow and then went missing down the stretch.[/quote]
I think most of that can be contributed to not having repititions with Carson during the preseason and the 6'4 badass catching a lot of touchdowns as well.

[quote name='OzBengal' post='470865' date='Apr 11 2007, 06:37 PM']Like I said, many people are in denial :)

You think Chad and TJ aren't on the slow decline? They won't get any better and are starting to get old. They are 29 and 30 this year. Henry is gone. Washington is gone. All we have after our two starters is a bunch of flaky and injured guys. We don't have a pass catching tight end and use a lot of 3 receiver sets. Wide Receivers usually take 3 years to produce and 'get-it'. We need one not just for now but into the future. We need a receiver and I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we drafted one on the 1st day but I would prefer we didn't. Thats why I think we should trade for Mike Williams.[/quote]
I find your Mike Williams fetish disturbing.

Guest OzBengal
[quote name='Bunghole' post='470879' date='Apr 11 2007, 07:55 PM']I find your Mike Williams fetish disturbing.[/quote]

He was a top 10 pick for a reason.

[quote name='spicoli' post='470868' date='Apr 11 2007, 06:40 PM']Well he was running on a bad foot. Make no mistake...Ted Ginn will be the fastest player on the field every time he puts the pads on.

3 words for ya'll....BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. I think Marv takes BPA no matter what position(other than QB). Chris Henry will probably never play again so the need is definitely there. Plus, Carson always needs to be surrounded by the best talent possible.[/quote]
BPA doesn't always apply, especially when it's so blatantly obvious that you need major help on a certain side of the ball. WE NEED DEFENSE, and drafting Ginn would be insanity with our first pick.
If Ginn fell to the second day, which he won't, then I could see it. Otherwise, you OSU homers need to quit dreaming. He is good but WE DON'T NEED HIM!!!!!!

Archived