BENGALS 2007 2ND ROUND PICK KENNY IRONS

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='sneaky' post='478289' date='Apr 28 2007, 08:54 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]If Rudi gets hurt who would have been the primary back up?

Irons > Watson

Irons > Perry

And one day maybe in 2008 or 2009......

Irons > Rudi[/b][/color][/quote]
If Rudi keeps tiptoeing to the line then by mid season...

Irons>Rudi

Last year Rudi was really pissing me off.....but damn the man dress like a pimp.... :headbang:

Guest Patmo
[quote name='sneaky' post='478213' date='Apr 28 2007, 08:12 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Excellent pick, I am very happy about this. People forget he was a Heisman hopeful very
early in the season, was the best player on the board.

The Ki-Jana.....errr....Chris Perry experiment is over.

Trade that bitch (Perry) for a 5th rounder.

[/b][/color][/quote]

Got to trust Marvin.Unfortunately,I think this pick sucks ! I see what Marvin's doing but question his reasoning.

it is a lame pick, but i see the reasoning behind it, perry's isssues and such, and there wasn't too many great prospects of value at the time, i think we should have traded down though

at least it has some logic and it's not bad as the 06 rucker pick, the 04 perry pick, the 99 smith pick... and so on

he should be our #2 and watson 2A

Guest BengalsOwn
Who thinks we don't need help at the RB position?

Rudi isn't very effective anymore, and Perry is alwasy hurt.

I am glad we spent a first day pick on a RB.

[quote name='Soundwave' post='478292' date='Apr 28 2007, 08:56 PM']I didn't think that was why we signed him. I was pretty sure going into the draft we would take another RB, even though I was thinking Booker or Wynn.[/quote]

Im not sure about bringing Booker here with A.J. Nicholson on the team. Didnt he break into Booker's dorm room or something?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='478300' date='Apr 28 2007, 08:59 PM']Who thinks we don't need help at the RB position?

I am glad we spent a first day pick on a RB.[/quote]

word! people are talking about we should of traded down, how do they know that maybe we tried and no one wanted to trade ?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='478300' date='Apr 28 2007, 06:59 PM']Who thinks we don't need help at the RB position?

WORD!
And i told you silly bitches we were going to take a RB no later than rd 4....

[quote name='Patmo' post='478298' date='Apr 28 2007, 08:59 PM']Got to trust Marvin.Unfortunately,I think this pick sucks ! I see what Marvin's doing but question his reasoning.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]But Patmo, why?

Irons was the BPA. Sure there were corners like Wright and mcCauley but the Bengals already picked Hall.

If they couldnt move down and they were not able to move up, the Irons selection was excellent. We have
a homerun threat at RB. Perry is a HR threat too, but he is rarely healthy enough to practice and play.

Irons could be the our Jerious Norwood of 2007.[/b][/color]

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='478300' date='Apr 28 2007, 08:59 PM']Who thinks we don't need help at the RB position?

[color="#FF0000"][b]With Irons in the fold, Rudi will be better because......

he will be fresher,

and he knows he has someone after his job.[/b][/color]

[quote name='WildKat' post='478302' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:01 PM']Im not sure about bringing Booker here with A.J. Nicholson on the team. Didnt he break into Booker's dorm room or something?[/quote]
Booker basically said everything was cool, but we'll never find out if that was true with the Irons pick.

I've got a good feeling alot of people will be jumping on Irons bandwagon in the preseason. I'm already on it.

[quote name='Soundwave' post='478311' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:06 PM']Booker basically said everything was cool, but we'll never find out if that was true with the Irons pick.

I've got a good feeling alot of people will be jumping on Irons bandwagon in the preseason. I'm already on it.[/quote]

agreed. I'm hopeing he can be a michael westbrook type back. :headbang:

EDIT: oops Bryan Westbrook.

[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='478315' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:10 PM']Watching mostly the sec during college ball i have seen irons tear up the field against many great teams. He is a strong determined player who will be a great asset to our team and is healthy most of the time just had some bad luck in '06.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]This child is wise beyond his years. :bowdown: [/b][/color]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='478321' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:14 PM'][b][center]to all the iron haters, check out his stats plus this is a must see video clip!!!! wait till you see the last run in this video clip!!! :o
:icon15: :gobengals:
[url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9166443853180617087"][size=7]Link[/size][/url][/center][/b][/quote]

We playing madden tonight our what?

Guest Whodey420
This pick really surprised me. Yeah there was a run on defensive players there just ahead of this pick
but there were players available that would've been justifiable in selecting other than a RB. Turk McBride,
Tim Crowder, Victor Abiamiri, Ikaika Alama-Francis. Not too mention if they were going based on
Best Player Available the pick should've been Ryan Kalil C USC. He's the best Center in the draft and
even though he's not a need (neither was Irons) you never have enough quality offensive linemen.
Bluto and Wilkerson could always take snaps at Guard and learn that position as well.

Guest Tigris
this guy IS Chris Perry. watch the videos. does anyone see the scary comparison??? my god, they're the same person, different names. with the same jersey on, there is no way i would be able to tell the difference between the two on a hand off if i didnt see their #.

oh yea, by the way... we have an iron johnson in the backfield now

[quote name='Whodey420' post='478326' date='Apr 28 2007, 08:21 PM']This pick really surprised me. Yeah there was a run on defensive players there just ahead of this pick
but there were players available that would've been justifiable in selecting other than a RB. Turk McBride,
Tim Crowder, Victor Abiamiri, Ikaika Alama-Francis. Not too mention if they were going based on
Best Player Available the pick should've been Ryan Kalil C USC. He's the best Center in the draft and
even though he's not a need (neither was Irons) you never have enough quality offensive linemen.
Bluto and Wilkerson could always take snaps at Guard and learn that position as well.[/quote]

They have absolutely no idea if Perry will be back this year. Those words came straight out of Marvins mouth. How can you possibly say that RB wasn't a need. If Rudi goes down who would you rather have taking his place? Journeymen RB's Watson or Wilson? or the best RB in the SEC and one of the best in college football? No brainer...

plus it's not like Rudi is getting any younger. with no Perry waiting in the wings they had to find somebody...

I like the pick, Watson needed to be resigned for special team reasons and Perry is always hurt. I could see a split backfield on 1st and 2nd downs with run pass options for rudi and kenny.

Trading down is nice but there really wasnt anyone who stood out that a team would want to jump up for.

I want all the haters to track the guys you would have rather drafted and see where they end up.

Overall he improves the offense and improves the backfield.

[quote name='spicoli' post='478331' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:26 PM']They have absolutely no idea if Perry will be back this year. Those words came straight out of Marvins mouth. How can you possibly say that RB wasn't a need. If Rudi goes down who would you rather have taking his place? Journeymen RB's Watson or Wilson? or the best RB in the SEC and one of the best in college football? No brainer...

plus it's not like Rudi is getting any younger. with no Perry waiting in the wings they had to find somebody...[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Preach brother.[/b][/color]

Guest Tigris
Was Irons the third back selected?????

So... if the players are drafted in order of how good they are, is it fair to say we got the 3rd best running back in the country in the middle of the second round?

[quote name='Tigris' post='478339' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:34 PM']Was Irons the third back selected?????

So... if the players are drafted in order of how good they are, is it fair to say we got the 3rd best running back in the country in the middle of the second round?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Now, now, now.......logic is not welcome here. :onoudidnt: [/b][/color]

Archived